• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 4]

first preview is coming out January 19th for first members, 20th for youtube iirc

second would be on Wednesday for first and Thursday for youtube I believe. if im wrong, please correct me

Way earlier in the thread (either 2 or 3), it was decicively proven that scaling Ryu to Akuma is faulty since Ryu has never come close to beating Akuma in canon (the manga they referenced is technically non-canon) and they used a crossover feat with Akuma's meteor. Also, Jin is possibly High 6-A thanks to some Tekken 6 stuff and he's Sub-Relativistic as opposed to Ryu's MHS+. So it's Wrong, Decent still.

To be fair they still used the manga for the scaling and they have in the past used stuff from the SF comic so it's not that new for them to use non canon stuff

According to some people on the discussion thread, beating the opponent before transforming is not a valid win condition for the rechearchers unless it's something like Carol's Binary form that needs energy to transform, so that would change the accuracy of some Death Battle's

How is that not valid? If they have to change forms and don't just start in that form, it's 100% valid. I can't think of a single fight in which that would apply to...

That's what they said, they don't count a character beating someone before transforming a win condition, arguing in base forms is not a thing, check the discussion thread because that's what they said, that the rechearchers repeated ad nauseum that beating someone before transforming is not valid for them

I wasn't the one who said that, they did, just saying if we follow their rules we should change the accuracy list since some are only there because of that win con

Because it's more balanced, it's their rules and it does not completely ignore a character's abilites like the otherwise assumption ignores common CIS that would let the opponent transform anyways. Similar arguments can be made against speed equalization

I personally prefer it to be realistic. If a character can transform before they get murdered, then they deserve the win.

Meh, people are saying they don't count beating before transformation, so even if you don't like it that's how they do, so we have to change the list

Wasn't the argument with Mob vs Tatsumaki that the former beats the latter before he reaches ???%? I need proof of this before we change the list.

Idk, I wasn't the one who said it, tho I heard the transformation needs to be easy, they do use it if it's something like Binary that needs something else before the transformation, so 100% could fit in that, thus not counting, ask the people in t

There are several DBs where the loser would be dead long before they transformed and sometimes they hint at that fact (Metal Sonic vs Zero, All Might vs Guy, etc.), but they throw in the extra forms for the animation because that's what people want to see

@Stickman

I get what you mean, but Akuma at his best is still 6-C and MHS+. With Jin being possibly High 6-A and Sub-Rel, Ryu scaled to Akuma should still lose

Sorvoe551 said:
There are several DBs where the loser would be dead long before they transformed and sometimes they hint at that fact (Metal Sonic vs Zero, All Might vs Guy, etc.), but they throw in the extra forms for the animation because that's what people want to see
But they actualy said that beating someone before transforming is not a win con, even if accurate they won't say a character wins if they beat before transforming but would lose to the form, that's what multiple people said in the discussion thread

IG only works in the 616 Universe and True Form Darkseid would just cause reality to fall apart just by being there. Sure, Thanos can defeat any of his avatars, but True Form on 4th World would destroy him since the IG is useless there

Why would Thanos even go to the 4th World? He could damage Darkseid from his 616 Universe as he has Low 1-C range, and wasn't the IG capable of being used in different Universes before the retcon? As Adam could use it in Hyperspace.

I will just repost what was said in the discussion thread about the "kill before transforming" if nobody minds since it's relevant here

Speedyroj said:
I'm curious what you're basing this claim on. Because the researchers have clarified ad nauseam that "Character X beats Character Y before they transform" isn't considered a valid win condition in DB unless the character has to jump through a lot of hoops to activate the transformation, such as Captain Marvel needing to absorb energy to become Binary (and they gave her Binary anyway in both her fights lol).

Also, "melting form" isn't a thing, but that's besides the point.
Kingo the Sixth said:
Also yeah "kill before they reach their highest form" generally isn't considered a valid argument for DB.
Speedyroj said:
I don't know why you seem to be assuming that I'm just speculating or making shit up here lol. Multiple of their researchers have said, explicitly, that "kill before transform" isn't valid for them unless it's very situational or if the other character has a way to nullify it. Off the top of my head, I know it came up a lot with Aang vs Edward.

With Mario vs Sonic, I'd guess they talked about base because they concluded that Mario can outlast Super Sonic, which makes sense, because they believe different stats for Super Sonic than this site does.
Kingo the Sixth said:
The way I see it's "kill before forms" is a valid argument in a standard VS debate, but in a Death Battle scenario, it doesn't work as much. The super form is the character's peak, so it doesn't follow the "all characters are at peak potential" thing, and more practically, it's just really lame. Imagine if you had Simon the Digger in a fight, and he ended up losing because "Oh well his opponent would just blitz him while he was in Lagann before he could ever reach his higher forms". It's like, nobody wants to see that fight, and you're not taking one character's peak potential into account really.
Kingo the Sixth said:
Here I'd argue it does. It's an entertainment show at the end of the day. People want to see Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann chucking galaxies and shit, not Simon in his basic mech losing to an oppponet he'd otherwise beat, to use that example again. If you want to analyse each character at their full potential, then forms have to be taken into account, since they're a part of that.
So if anyone can comprove those claims it would be extremely apreciated

I have asked Ben, as I've mentioned before, but I'm still waiting on a reply. Until we have an answer, we should probably just leave that subject for now.

Well, I still keep the believe of the prior comments that beating before transforming is not a valid win condition, which makes sense since no Death Battle has been won that way plus it isn't very entertraining, which is the main purpose of the show, but I digress

The main purpose is finding out who would win. Yes, they want it to be entertaining, but that's only because they need it to be, otherwise they would scrap the show. I think beating a character before said character can perform is a perfectly valid and reasonable.

Bit late, but what is the "Holy Shit Award"?

I mean, it is more "accurate" but not entertraining at all, and good that you think that, but that doesn't matter if they don't do that, which people have said so, which fits the rule of "character at Peak", which the only counter was "I will ask Ben" which was days ago

I believe Metal Overlord shouldn't have even been in a DB if they seriously think highly situational forms are the exception to their "kill before forms" rule, as that required prep, tons of metal, and for his base to be Neo which is specifically an upgrade Eggman did to his normal base.

Back