• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death to all ~ Vitiate vs. Thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargoyle One said:
TBH this thread is like 90% guranteed to be a shit storm
Not even sure if arguing it is worth it
Cmon, dude. I've seen worse. It'll be fine. As long as everyone remains civil it should be fine.

Is it the imgur picture? Because my computer won't let me see those for some reason. Couldn't you just upload the picture to the site or something? Because if what you're saying is true then they should be roughly even in mind hax as Vitiate is superior to an artifact that can mind hax the universe.

Nevermind. Just got it to work. I was assuming that the second picture was from when Thanos got the Mind Gem.

Oh, wait. It is. It even says so in the picture. Vitiate is still superior in terms of mind hax then.

Yeah, I saw the pictures. He only had universe scale mind hax when he had the mind gem so Vitiate would still be superior.

The Wright Way said:
Yeah, I saw the pictures. He only had universe scale mind hax when he had the mind gem so Vitiate would still be superior.
But you're forgetting one particular, that Thanos has too resisted again the same universal scale mindhax of the Mind Gem, add the Mind Gem itself to boost even further his Resistence to Mind Manipulation and Vitiate isn't going to mindhax his mind anytime soon.

Stefano4444 said:
The Wright Way said:
But you now forgotting that Thanos has too resisted again the same universal scale mindhax of the Mind Gem, add the Mind Gem itself to boost even further his Resistence to Mind Manipulation and Vitiate isn't going to casually mindrape his mind.
So was the lady in the picture amped by the mind gem or something? Because I'm not sure how the pictures were supposed to prove that to me otherwise.

No, why?

What we've gone over

1. Thanos has universal mind hax with the gen, same with Vitiate,

2. Vitiate can Mind Hax 100 Quadrillion sentients Jedi and more unquantifiable non sentiemts.

Anything else?

I asked that because Thanos resisted... not resisted, was not affected by universal mind hax from the gem. If that's the case doesn't that grant him some degree of resistance against Vitiate's mind hax? And wouldn't the Mind Gem also boost his resistance to mind hax?

The mind gem connects him to other minds within the universe, how does that grant him resistance?

And this Universal Mind Hax, has still zero showings beyond Billions, or at least beyond that by a completely unquantifiable amount, as opposed to incredibly above 100 Quadrillion people, a good portion of which resists planetary Mind Hax.

I still don't see how he resists, it's Universal in range, but no form of potency other then beyond billions.

Worth noting Vitiates mind Hax is passive, Thanos doesn't resist? He's dead.

Thank you for being hypocritical and contradictory Gargoyle. When I first brought up the fact that the amount of people haxxed isn't a very good way of determining the potency this is what you said:

Gargoyle One said:
<The number of people you Mind Hax is irrelevant

Why? That's literally the entire point behind judging potency. and someone being a "Cosmic being" is a fallacy, it's the equivalent of saying someone's weak because their a human being.

It's not wank, especially when it's very clearly shown.
But the moment that I prove that - by YOUR STANDARDS - Thanos has greater potency you do a 180 and say this:

Can people please for the love of competence read my posts before saying a Universe is bigger then a Galaxy or are we just going to ignore it and say Thanos is better because it's universal despite Mind Hax being potency and not Range?

According to estimates there are at least 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. Assuming that in the Marvel universe each galaxy contains only 1 planet with sentient life (which has been demonstrated to be 1000000% false but for the sake of an extreme low ball let's say this is true) then multiplying the Earths population with the amount of galaxies and you get 700 quintillion. As an insanel low ball since evn in the Milky way there are at least off the top of my head 6 other races some of which are Galactic Empires with much larger populations.

This is getting heated for no reasons.

Regardless, while it's true that we judge mind hax by the number of people affected, it's also true that the "billions of minds" is most likely the author not knowing how many people mind haxing the Marvel Universe entails.

Wasn't the Mind Gem inside the Infinite Gauntlet when Thanos said that it can be used to mind hax the entire universe though?

Also, Rin, I think that you misunderstood what he said.

He said that galactic mind hax is > universal mind hax when said galaxy happens to have a bigger population than the other universe, which is true.

Is that the case here? That's debatable apparently. But calling someone a hypocrite doesn't help your case, especially when they haven't actually contradicted themselves.

Well I apologise it I can off as rude the. However he has contradicted himself. First he stated that numbers was the way we quantified Mind Hax, and then changed it and acknowledged that quality is important as well hence making his first point against me moot. And also I just proved using simple logic (and when I say this it isn't mean to be condescending) that the range of Mind Hax is 700 thousand times more powerful than Vitates so the glaxy doesn't have a larger population.

Both matter.

Mind screwing a Jedi who shrugs off planetary mind hax > planetary mind hax. But the total is what matters (in this case a Jedi counts for a planet instead of a single person)

Gargoyle One said:
No, why?
What we've gone over

1. Thanos has universal mind hax with the gen, same with Vitiate,
That's not what is important, what's matters is the fact that Base Thanos was capable to easily resist universal mind hax of the Mind Gem itself.

Which means that with the Mind Gem his Resistence to Mind Manipulation would be increase to a greater level.

Aka Thanos without Mind Gem = Vitiate < Thanos with Mind Gem in term of mind abilities (assuming that Vitiate can actually mindhax the entire universe).

Because of this, Vitiate's best and likely only chance to victory would be throw out the window.

While Thanos other than having a much greater edge in Stats, his Existence Erasure would definitaly work well again Vitiate's immortality.

2. Vitiate can Mind Hax 100 Quadrillion sentients Jedi and more unquantifiable non sentiemts.

Ehm... no, just no.

I will say that i much far from be an expert with the Star Wars Expanded Universe, but i never (but really never) hear that in the Old Republic there where Quadrillions of Jedi/Sith.

Where did you have get this information?

Anything else?

No, i don't think so.

Vitiate<Thanos with Mind gem

Why? Did we not go over the amount of people that Vitiate and Thanos Mind haxed in there own? Both may be universal, but Thanos only showed far above billions by an unquantifiable amount, unlike Vitiate, who's far above 100 Quadrillion by an unqualifiable amount.

Sentients Jedi and more unquantifiable non sentiemts

Not just Jedi, read the whole post.

Course there's still billions of them that can resist planetary but I already went over that.

You really trying to take this unquantifiable thing really far huh? I've just shown using an extreme low end that goes against everything that is shown to us in Marvel in regards to aliens that Thanos has a resistance greater than Vitiate. And with the Mind Gem boosting his telepathic abilities. I will concede on the Jedi because it uses the (in my view) more accurate way of determining the power of Mind hax. In fact if it weren't for the extraordinary boost the Mind Gem would give him I would probably give this to Vitiate. But taking everything into account both of them seem very balanced out with either argueably having the advantage. But with such a close gap in Mind hax the fight will undoubtedly turn to other methods. With that in mind Thanos erases.

Thanos: 2 Vitiate: 3

You're the one saying it's better by Range, so no, not at all.

Literally all you've said are "Theor resistance is better, his mind hax is better" for 90% of the thread, with barely any actual feats.

Even a fodder force user, not even a Jedi or Sith, has planetary range.

Everything brought up here, I have answered.

<Universal? Same only with a far higher number from Vitiate

<Mind Gem? Already covered.

<The actual number Thanos has is literally unquantifiable, yes I'm stretching it because you seem to consistently ignore it, and both have the same range

I legit haven't seen an actually good showing for numbers on Thanos's side.

Oh, and check this out Range doesn't mean he can Mind Hax everyone in that range, it's based purely on the amount you can Mind Hax.

Gargoyle One said:
You're the one saying it's better by Range, so no, not at all.

Literally all you've said are "Theor resistance is better, his mind hax is better" for 90% of the thread, with barely any actual feats.

Even a fodder force user, not even a Jedi or Sith, has planetary range.

Everything brought up here, I have answered.

<Universal? Same only with a far higher number from Vitiate

<Mind Gem? Already covered.

<The actual number Thanos has is literally unquantifiable, yes I'm stretching it because you seem to consistently ignore it, and both have the same range

I legit haven't seen an actually good showing for numbers on Thanos's side.

Oh, and check this out Range doesn't mean he can Mind Hax everyone in that range, it's based purely on the amount you can Mind Hax.
I literally just quoted what you said. YOU were the one to bring up range not me. Or are goung to also ignore my very first post where I said;

RinkakuKagune said:
The amount of people you can mind had is irrelevant especially when most of these are normal sentient beings. I don't know why in every Star Wars battles everyone being up that Galatic level shit. Its all fine and sent unless you are a Cosmic Being with huge amounts of Hax have resistance to the Mind Hax anyway and powerful Mind hax of his own (which would most likely be amped by the Mind Gem which scaling from other gems is Universal as seen when Thanos was able to rease half the life of the universe). Honestly the Star Wars mind wank goes too far.
And you also first said that Vitiate mind haxxed a Quadrillion Sentient beings and an entire planet of Jedi, but then tried to change it to Quadrillions of Jedi?

Gargoyle One said:
He's>>>An artifact stated to Mind wipe the whole galaxy and possibly the universe, of which there are 100 Quadrillion sentient life forms in said Galaxy
Stop making wobbly arguements, that you just change at whim to fit your point.

Universal? I thought you yourself said Vitiate was Galaxy level. And yes its unquantifiable but for you to now try and act as if that makes it inferior is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. LOOK AT MY POST FOR CHRIST SAKE.

"According to estimates there are at least 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. Assuming that in the Marvel universe each galaxy contains only 1 planet with sentient life (which has been demonstrated to be 1000000% false but for the sake of an extreme low ball let's say this is true) then multiplying the Earths population with the amount of galaxies and you get 700 quintillion. As an insanel low ball since evn in the Milky way there are at least off the top of my head 6 other races some of which are Galactic Empires with much larger populations."

Quintillions > Quadrillions. This is common sense. And considering the fact that it has been blatantly shown that there are far more planets with life (even galactic empires) with populations gteater than our own in the Milky Way alone. And i mean in regards to Marvel Comics.

I have provided scans for you to look at but if you are going to blatantly lie and claim that I said Thanos has greater resistance without providing feat then you can continue to do so. It's quite clearly there.

Remind me again what has been convered with the mind gem? Oh wait nothing. Everything I have posted haa not been rebutted at all.

I didn't see it when you first posted it but implying incompetence is real mature of you Gargoyle. ƒÿÆ

Gargoyle One said:
Why? Did we not go over the amount of people that Vitiate and Thanos Mind haxed in there own? Both may be universal, but Thanos only showed far above billions by an unquantifiable amount, unlike Vitiate, who's far above 100 Quadrillion by an unqualifiable amount.
As Rinka had previously show in his comment above, the billion's quote was most likely a mistake done by the writer/author.

Unless you want to claim that the Marvel main universe is just as populated as our world, which would be just wrong, not when the Milky Way in Marvel is full of galactic scale civilizations.

Also i have checked out the scans you have posted, none of them suggest that the artifact was going to mindhax the entire universe, only the galaxy was going to affect it.

Sentients Jedi and more unquantifiable non sentiemts

Not just Jedi, read the whole post.

Course there's still billions of them that can resist planetary but I already went over that.

This was the original quote:

Vitiate can Mind Hax 100 Quadrillion sentients Jedi and more unquantifiable non sentiemts.

That sound like you were saying that there were quadrillions of force users back in the Old Republic, since you forgot to put commas.

Still, for all my limited knowledge about Star Wars i have never hear that there where billions or even millions of Jedi/Sith existing at once, not in any period of time.

Again, where is stated/show that there where billions of Jedi and Sith during the Old Republic?

@Rin I never changed it, I'm mentioning literally everything since apparently I had too and "Everyone in the galaxy" wasn't enough.

I Literally gave you sca of the artifact that did this, I am not contradicting myself if I am literally showing you, don't try to twist me words please.

Both can Mind Hax the universe As I proved in the damn scans

You're literally making up a number based on math and assumptions and not applying the exact same number to Vitiate, you can't pick and choose, both are universal. Both deserve that same assumption, but even from the beginning, Vitiate has already controlled over 100 Quadrillion.

@Stef Don't get me wrong here, I know damn well there's likely more then billions in the universe, but without an exact number we can't automatically assume there's far more then Vitiate who himself has the same range.

They don't?

"Every being in the universe in danger" -The first Quote of first scan

"For this sector, and in the universe"- Upon requiring the artifact.

Anyway, about the Sith and Jedi, there are around 1 Billion Jedi and Sith stated to live on Coruscant and Korriban, that said I haven't played Kotor in decades so that would be difficult for me to find.

That said, even assuming 100 Quadrillion of people and not even 1% of them were Jedi or Sith, that's still incredibly high due to the ludicrousy of such a number

But hey, Assumptions are what I've been trying to against this entire debate

According to estimates there are at least 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

2 trillion galaxies, actually.

Kaltias said:
Wasn't the Mind Gem inside the Infinite Gauntlet when Thanos said that it can be used to mind hax the entire universe though?
Yes it was, we even said this on the old Sidious vs Thanos thread

Hell, for god sakes the mind gem could only do so when powered by the power gem.

All of this is based on something this form of Thanos can't even use.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back