• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death (Supernatural) vs SCP-682

Hmm...Reality Warping, Life and Death Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Sub-Atomic Matter Manipulation, and Death Inducement are all things Death has in his arsenal that 682 is immune to...and should Death actually manage to kill 682 he wouldn't survive the universe being erased.

I'd say its inconclusive

They are likely equals.

Lets break it down: SCP-682 doesnt have a soul, so Death cant manipulate it. If Death kills SCP-682, it just revives at will. Perhabs it even adapts to Deaths touch necrokinesis or absorbs Deaths powers. If we go with their Tiers, SCP-682 is stronger. But thats doesnt matter, Death exists as an embodiment of death, and will continue to exist as long as the concept of death remains. SCP 682 is a universal constant, and when it dies the universe it inhabits will cease to exist. If Death somehow destroyes SCP-682, he will end to exists ? (If God survives ?)

Its possibly a draw.

Death would exist in other universes as long as the concept of death continues to exist. It's not about whether or not 682 can kill Death, it's about whether or not Death can kill 682.

"SCP-682 doesnt have a soul, so Death cant manipulate it."

Freaking angels don't have souls in SPN.

Death likely could kill 682 with one reap, and since he isn't made of matter, nor energy nor souls he wouldn't be affected by the collapse of the physical universe.

i go with inconclusive, even if death could kill scp, it could simply come back and i dont think scp can kill death :/

Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, reactions and durability, Regenerationn (At least High, likely Low-Godly, stated by Dr. Gears that physical damage is irrelevant to it), Reactive Evolution, Adaptation, Cannot be effectively harmed the same way twice, Ingenious intelligence, Immune to reality warping, crystallization, mind control, absorption, incineration, radiation, soul manipulation (Due to lacking a soul), fear, possession, matter manipulation on a subatomic level, plot manipulation, and biological manipulation from anything besides itself, Can die and revive at will, Can become two separate entities if split into equal pieces, Can change its biological makeup from organic to inorganic at will, Can create localized space-time anomalies as a defense mechanism (These anomalies are similar to both the sudden appearance and disappearance of a black hole or the theoretical event of a sudden hole forming between our dimension and another), Power absorption, Can enter a "Rage State" where it blindly attacks the closest living target, Dimensional travel, Size Manipulation, Shapeshifting (Its physical form is in a constant state of change and can grow and change very quickly to adapt to various scenarios, Has grown wings, spikes, extra eyes with bulletproof eye caps, large claws, and an anteater-like tongue), Telekinesis, Non-Corporeal (Described as coming from somewhere where time, space and states of matter operate very differently than they do normally, and that 682 as we know it isn't a corporeal being), Acausality from SCP 682's profile.

This is quite literally means 682 is unable to die due to those immunities. As the others basically stated it is a draw (inconclusive).

@Starkiller

A lot of these are irrelevant to the fight.

Regenerationn means nothing to Death

"Cannot be effectively harmed the same way twice" Death doesn't harm you, he just wills death

Immunity to Reality Warping seems like a NLF. Proof of Plot Manipulation?

Non-Corporeal and Acausality Death has too.

@Matt Also I am curious on the claim of Angels lacking souls in SPN as where did you come to that conclusion? I petty sure a certain angel got resurrected more than once by God himself showing they indeed have a soul. Also if you check the profile on SCP 682, the feats is shown on there.

They predate souls.

Souls were invented by God when he created humanity. Angels have been around for Billions of Years. Castiel got resurrected by God, yes, but that doesn't prove they are made of souls. They are, rather, beings of celestial light. Castiel describes his angelic form as a "Multi-dimensional wave-length of celestial intent" for instance.

Angels simply don't have souls.

@Jim

I'm adding.

Hmmm I suppose that still making this a draw. I not really sure if Death can really put down 682 nor can 682 can put him down for that matter.

Is 682 does indeed have Plot Manipulation, he could win depending on the level.

However, God has Plot Manipulation too. He literally wrote the First 5 Seasons of Supernatural into happening the way they did.

@Matthew Well I suppose I shown this feat that sounds like immune to Plot Manipulation:

"The Foundation used SCP-826, a set of magic bookends that made any literature between them into reality, to make a story tilted "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Can And Will Kill SCP―682 Permanently if it So Much As Spots That Damn Lizard" real. After sending 682 into the story, the story was soon re-titled "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Tried To Kill SCP―682 Permanently But Failed" and had a new chapter detailing an epic battle between the two, which 682 won handily."

This damn lizard can't kill death as explained above, his AP by dying probably won't touch death, But i pretty sure nor does death I mean immune to reality warping is basically immune to a lot of hax and it also can revive itself if it die

672 is just a shell. The real 672 is supposedly a higher dimensional entity of some sort. So killing 682's 3D body won'the actually do much to him. I mean the thing has technically died before, and it just came back. It can die and come back to life as easily as flipping a light switch.

I mean SCP-682 is one of many Universal constants. As the name suggests, if they die, they take their respective Universe with them. However, each creature is nothing more than an avatar, so to speak of an abstract entity.

This will be a ridiculous amount of feats that was shown on SCP 682's profile:

Can survive being constantly submerged in hydrochloric acid.

After being exposed to SCP-409, became immune to being crystallized. Became immune to SCP-689 by gaining the ability to die and revive at will.

Resisted being absorbed by SCP-017, a living shadow that can absorb anything, being placed into its stomach.

Resisted being mind controlled by SCP-061, then absorbed its powers and used them to breach containment.

Tests involving SCP-123 were rejected because 682 could potentially have absorbed it.

During an interaction with SCP-173 it developed omnidirectional vision and eye caps that could deflect high-caliber sniper rounds In one experiment, it was cut into perfectly equal pieces with a laser. Each piece then regenerated into a separate 682 with a separate conscience and developed skin that could reflect the laser. After one was severely damaged by security personnel, the other absorbed it and became a single being.

The Foundation used SCP-826, a set of magic bookends that made any literature between them into reality, to make a story tilted "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Can And Will Kill SCP―682 Permanently if it So Much As Spots That Damn Lizard" real. After sending 682 into the story, the story was soon re-titled "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Tried To Kill SCP―682 Permanently But Failed" and had a new chapter detailing an epic battle between the two, which 682 won handily.

After having 21% of its mass consumed by ants produced by SCP-743, it grew an anteater-like tongue and consumed the ants, regenerating twice as fast as normal.

After being exposed to SCP-063, gained the ability to change its biological makeup from organic to inorganic, and vice versa, at will.

Could not be killed by SCP-662.

Stated that a 60 Megaton Thermonuclear Bomb wouldn't kill it

Stated by SCP-738, who can make virtually anything happen for a certain price, that it would be impossible to destroy 682 without seriously damaging or destroying the universe.

After being exposed to and severely damaged by SCP-272, a nail that embeds itself in a person's shadow and limits them to movement inside said shadow, evolved luminescence from its skull.

SCP-343 refused to kill him.

After being exposed to SCP-536 gained the ability to restructure its body to resist extreme radiation, extreme changes in the laws of physics and the fundamental forces, and being instantly accelerated to the speed of light. It was then reduced to nothing but quarks and was able to regenerate. It found the entire experience enjoyable.

Bone structure is immune to the mucus of SCP-811, which can melt a full-grown man in seconds. Became completely immune to it after exposure.

Regenerated from being reality-warped into a housecat by SCP-1237

Resisted being absorbed by, and instead took control of, SCP-1361.

Survived ingesting 200L of bodily fluids from SCP-1933, 26mL or more of which will instantly transform any matter it comes in contact with into Irish Cream.

Was able to absorb SCP-513's powers and used them to breach containment by creating site-wide illusionary copies of itself to create mass hysteria and kill 67% of site staff and 45% of site D-class personnel. All of this was done while it was asleep.

After being exposed to SCP-999 it gained the ability to unleash an unidentifiable wave of energy from its body which caused anyone within the wave's range to collapse into crippling fits of laughter, allowing SCP-682 to escape and slaughter them.

Was able to return to the Foundation after being "traded" into SCP-702's pocket dimension

Was able to return to the Foundation after being taken into an alternate universe by SCP-507

Ingested a kilogram of heroin and a liter of cyanide and only suffered a 45 minute heart attack, then consumed two more of each with no ill effects.

Killed the head of an experiment, by broken neck caused by blunt force trauma against a control panel, despite remaining in the testing area.

Immune to SCP-2140, which instantly rewrites the past of whatever comes in visual contact with it.

Resisted being possessed by Dr. Bright using SCP-963.

Dr. Gears stated that: "SCP-682 is not, in any way, a biological entity as we understand biology. It is a…thing, which has somehow formed a "shell" or "growth" that we have numbered SCP-682. What it is, I have no idea, but I doubt it normally has a form we would call "corporeal". Anything dealing with normal biological processes does not count with 682. Hurting it is like shaving the hair off a human: annoying, but not deadly. Time, space, and states of matter must function VERY differently where ever this thing is from, and it is functioning on those rules, not ours. It's like playing checkers against someone playing chess. it's the same board, but the rules and the pieces are totally different."

@Huesito It depend on the character and his feats plus consistency. I also believe it has to met certain qualifications for certain kind of tiers. Like I mention I have no expertise in high dimensional related stuff.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Immunity to Reality Warping seems like a NLF.
That's because it is. Unless you're something like High 1-A or Tier 0, you can't have true immunity against Reality Warping. Even the likes of Emrakul, who happens to be one of the strongest High 2-A characters out there, only gets extreme resistance to RW, not immunity.

That's not stopping a stronger or more skilled Reality Warper with feats of his/her own, from another series from offing him. Saying he is outright immune to RW is like saying "Yeah, even if a Tier 1 character came and tried to RW him, he would fail." or "If Featherine tried to Plot Manipulate him, it wouldn't work." And even in the same tier, he hasn't resisted the 3753287562873896398532865687+ ways a Reality Warper can possibly use his powers against him, so no. No total immunity against Reality Warping. There are tons of abilities one can be immune against, RW is not one of them unless you're that high in the tiering system.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Death likely could kill 682 with one reap, and since he isn't made of matter, nor energy nor souls he wouldn't be affected by the collapse of the physical universe.
I don't see how this wasn't the end of the thread.

@Fate It is odd on how that goes as that will make SCP 682 of being potentially higher due to his reactive evolution and adaptation. So going by what being said here, there is the chance he could power absorb Death's abilities, but that is assuming 682 could do so.

@Star His profile says he's a universal constant. Someone capable of wrecking the Universe, the SCP or the SCP along with the Universe should logically be able to destroy him, as long as they have a reasonable ammount of hax.

Also, going by SCP-738 statement (You can't kill/destroy him without causing a lot of damage to the Universe or something), a powerful enough Universal should be able to deal with him. And his death wouldn't matter much for Death for reasons that Matthew already pointed out.

Back