• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Note CRT

Note: This CRT is not my own, Hail wanted me to post this because he had issues signing in

This is just some minor additions to L's justification for his athlete level AP and intelligence.

So, L as an eight year old was able to solve the Winchester Mad Bombings which occurred just after the outbreak of World War Three.

https://archive.org/details/manga_Death_Note_Another_Note/page/n161/mode/2up

(This is a canon source by the way)

Moreover, at a young age (presumably eight years old, as Watari brought L in at eight, and no time skip is mentioned), L researched about stocks and asked Watari to invest in certain industries. In two years, Watari's assets grew to 20 times their original size.

Moreover, in the same comic Watari notes his abilities as "outstanding", which suggests that L was smarter than Watari as an eight year old.

Death Note How to Read lists Watari's intelligence to be a "7" which is equal to Naomi Misora's and Mello's intelligence. Now, while "Death Note: How to Read" is not completely reliable, it does show that Watari is very intelligent, which makes L's intelligence all the more impressive.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/e4/24/b6e424dd42db18d61deacc5af8ec0ebf.jpg

Moreover, "years later" L was able to solve a case which did not have any clues to it. His appearance suggests that he was in his teens.

By the time he faced Beyond Birthday, Mello states that his intelligence was equivalent to 5 ordinary investigative bureaus and seven intelligence agencies, and that this number had grown by several notches by the time he faced Kira.

https://archive.org/details/manga_Death_Note_Another_Note/page/n65/mode/2up?q=bureaus+

This doesn't change the intelligence rating of L, but it does provide more justification for his genius intelligence, as the category varies wildly.

As regards to his attack potency, he was able to take down numerous teenagers as an eight year old. So, there's that.

One category that L should have is social influencing, as throughout the series he was able to trick Light Yagami countless times. For instance, he tricked Light Yagami briefly when he said that Light was "the only friend he ever had", and he tricked Light into thinking that he was winning L's trust. So, social influencing should be added to his profile.

That's about it.

These seem like fine additions; and I agree on How to Read not being very realizable as it contradicts the author claiming L is the smartest character in the series; yet he's and 8 while Light and Near are both 9's.

But I agree with all these additions regardless.

I agree with the additions, however, as with the thread from before;

I'm still advocating for Light and L having Extraordinary Genius, as their intelligence feats are clearly beyond what's realistically possible for humans.

Edit:

Like, if Aizen can get EG with such a lack luster justification; someone like Light who manipulated the actions of dozens of people months in advance without being able to change his plan at all (Because he forgot about the DN), should get it.

Last edited:
If Aizen has lackluster reasons, then that should be a separate CRT

Hail said "I could meme them to Extraordinary genius just for the lols, but while the category is extremely vague (such that Light and L could fit into it), the category is typically reserved for people who can create futuristic technology, which L and Light can't do."

Extrodinary Genius is basically the character is a human supercomputer and is a master at futuristic technology constructions singlehandedly.

Last edited:
If Aizen has lackluster reasons, then that should be a separate CRT

Hail said "I could meme them to Extraordinary genius just for the lols, but while the category is extremely vague (such that Light and L could fit into it), the category is typically reserved for people who can create futuristic technology, which L and Light can't do."
Yeah I know. I'm saying that they should be EG anyway, since they fit the standards listed on the page; regardless of our community's preference for only giving EG to futuristic scientists and living supercomputers.

Edit:

It's as realistically possible to do the things L and Light did, as it is to build like a robot with advanced AI.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna comment on this majority because this is not my CRT but if that's the case, then I think the intelligence page might need revisions

"I know that the Death Note stats are generally unreliable, however it is a relatively accurate way to compare individuals (as even though Light being smarter than L is inaccurate, it still does make sense for them to be similar in their rankings). Watari's intelligence rating is the same as Naomi Misora's and Mello's, which (while this doesn't prove that he's as smart as them) does show that they are at least comparable. Also, Watari was a former spy and a highly successful inventor, so it can be deduced that he's very intelligent. So, when L is said to be 'outstanding' by Watari, it would mean that he's at the very least comparable to Mello and Naomi Misora as an eight year old, which is already very impressive by itself"

-Hail

Back