• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU Flash Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9qcUjG7PQg

Here Flash runs to the sun in a stated timeframe of 7:30 minutes, which is a low-level FTL feat. Nope that Green Lantern's beam keeps up with the Flash's running.

https://gfycat.com/BothGrouchyDamselfly

^Sinestro stating that his beams are Lightspeed, which is supposedly the same speed as the Flash.

If this is legit, Flash would be FTL and Green Lantern would have lightspeed to 1c attack speed.

Thoughts?

He has a few other LS/FTL feats. For example, he had to power a machine by moving at the "speed of light", which he did or something along those lines. It was in the many threads trying to upgrade him in the past.

Darkanine said:
He has a few other LS/FTL feats. For example, he had to power a machine by moving at the "speed of light", which he did or something along those lines. It was in the many threads trying to upgrade him in the past.
In the DCAU comics, Superman has a 5-A feat.

The profiles barely look at them.

Well it seems legit, They gave us the timeframe he needed to do it in so the cuts in the scene don't matter and Green Lantern's beam was staying ahead of him the whole run.

My phone is to slow and doesn't like to load so I can see the second thing about Sinestro's beams but considering the top feat I geuss it's legit but I haven't watched Justice league or Justice League Unlimited in a while so I don't know if this is inconsistent.

If it's nothing contridicting this speed I agree.

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

Nobody in particular, I think.

We should probably only use the tv series as canon, yes.

It's old but is sound.

And @Matthew,

I once watched a fight from JLU where a beam fired off by a lantern was reflected by a mirror. More proof of true light properties.

This stuff is all consistent with numerous statements that Flash can run at or at least near the speed of light.

This would upgrade Amazo's base speed from Relativistic to FTL since he absorbed his powers. I need to add the rest of the profiles here as well.

Lanterns are already MFTL.

That would make a lot of people FTL in combat speed, as long as its not an outlier (so I'm definitely watching the entire show again)

So this continuity is JL, JLU, what else?

There are also the separate movie continuities of Supes/Shazam/Black Adam, etc.

Unite My Rice said:
So this continuity is JL, JLU, what else?
There are also the separate movie continuities of Supes/Shazam/Black Adam, etc.
JL, JLU, and also the Batman and Superman cartoons from the 90s, and the Batman and Superman Comics from the 90s attached to those shows.

Oh, and Static Shock.

Soldier Blue said:
I would like to mention again that the DCAU comics are not canon to the TV series and DCAU movies.
Where does that come from?

The "Mad Love" storyline first emerged in the comics and only later became part of the Batman show.

"Of course, we'd teamed them up previously in the comics- we'd done that annual. The comic book animated continuity is actually different than the actual animated continuity- they'll do things that contradict what we do and vice versa. But for the sake of the Demon story we did in the animated show, we subsumed the annual we had done into the animated continuity just to get things moving faster."

^ This is from Bruce Timm, the creator of the DCAU. They might have made some events in the comics canon by bringing them into the main animated continuity. But the DCAU comics generally should not be considered canon. They're also done by a completely different writing team to the one that handled the DCAU animated series and movies.

What about the 2010s Batman Beyond comics? Those are intended to take place in the DCAU verse and happen way after the original 90s comics which contradict the ongoing shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back