• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics: Darkseid's Comprehensive Profile Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything seems pretty spot on. I agree with this update wholeheartedly

Post-Crisis Superman 2-C, when? He doesn't need to be left out of the 2-C Superman beach party /s

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
Yeah Starlin straight up butchered the Source, left a bad taste in my mouth. You can tell Morrison was subtly throwing shade when he had it retconned with a tiny line of text lol
Were any of the tie ins to Final Crisis good? Seems the event was like a black hole where the main series sucked out all the good from the spinoffs to put into itself. (Well Legion of 3 Worlds was entertaining at least, if just for watching SBP becoming an internet troll)

Superman Beyond and the Batman tie-in issues were amazing but idk if they can be counted as true tie-ins. I really liked Legion of 3 Worlds, Revelations, and Rogues' Revenge too. The lesser tie-ins were kinda terrible though, imo.

Batman Pirate Edition was fantastic, and yeah Superman Beyond was great if trippy. Countdown just kinda drags down the whole thing unfortunately.

Looks good, Darkseid being above Time Trapper makes sense since after the defeat of Darkseid Time Trapper became wary. I think Time Trapper should have additional/different keys for Glorith/Rokk Krinn/Prime. Wasnt the Time Trapper Parallax defeated Rokk Krinn?

I agree with everything. The one where I'm little uncertain is about Time Trapper since there is the Controller, the Rokk Krinn, Glorith and Prime Time Trapper. The scaling in the OP is ok Parallax>Time Trapper (Rokk Krinn).

Yes. I think it was the Valor issues right before the events of Zero Hour that showed the Trapper in Zero Hour was definitely future altered Rokk Krinn. And Rokk was the "real" Time Trapper, iirc. But then Lo3W had Brainiac trying to clear everything up by just saying Trapper was a living timeline. The Who's Who issue is (pretty clearly, imo) referring to Rokk Krinn, not Glorith. And it mentions the Controller so it's definitely not comparing Darkseid to that one.

Anyway, I agree that Trapper's profile should have multiple keys. It would probably also be good to have a clear explanation of the different identities and stuff.

@SuperAPM

That was the Anti-Life Entity, yeah. It doesn't scale to any of them individually though, because who knows what effects combining all their power sources would have. There's not much to scale to anyway since they didn't even scratch the Entity. Fate decided to destroy the dimension not as a side effect but as a barrier, since the Entity has no dimensional travel on its own.

I remember that Darkseid stated somewhere that The ALE almost destroyed the Sphere of the Gods. Cant remember where

Yeah that makes sense. Tho would Etrigan scale to any of the afformentioned in that feat, or would his contribution be seen as more hax than anything else?

@Sandman

I don't remember that, definitely possible I missed it though. High 2-A ALE would be cool.

@Super

Probably not, at least not how I read it. He was used by both Darkseid and the Cinque as a link to infinite magic, but he's never depicted as having access to that level of power on his own.

I guess Soulfire being added would be fine, but I agree we shouldn't consider it 1-A. Besides that if it's considered canon it shouldn't be ignored no matter how bad the story is.

Also agree with ALE being High 2-A.

(Which of the two renders do you think we should use? I like option 2 a bit more)

@POTM Welp, I manage to find it and its just Darkseid saying that it "sought to devour into itself our entire plane of existence"

Also POTM i almost forgot to mention, on the proposed new profile for Darkseid you made you put 2-A for his Powered up Post Flashpoint Emanation tiering, but this part isn't mentioned on his Attack Potency section. Is that a mistake or did you leave it out intentionally?

@Peter

Omega Beams are actually one of the most consistent aspects of Darkseid's ability set, going back to their first appearance in Forever People.

@Sandman

Ah, that's what you meant, too bad. There's at least solid evidence for 2-A ALE though.

@SuperAPM

Thanks for catching that, I forgot to remove it. I figured a rating for the power-up should be left out until a CRT is made for Anti-Monitor.

Beautiful work. Everything looks fine to me.

Also, I gotta say that a prefer the image of Darkseid standing with his arms behind his back. It's just so...dignified.

Yeah i get that, but i do love the menace that Option 2 presents.

I guess either is better than "sulking into your chair because you're watching a boring rom com" type look he has now.

Bored darkseed

The original image was even weirdly cropped out, it looked gross

Darkseid_render_by_quauntonaut.png

EDIT: Just open the image in another tab and you'll see what I mean

Well, the first option of the new renders is fine to use.

How about this Quote?

New Genesis is a stinking cosmic sewer! I have fouled Paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the Gods! I have won! Is this vanity? Then I will remake the entire universe in the image of my soul, Desaad. And when at last I turn to look upon the eternal desolation I have wrought...I will see Darkseid, as in a mirror....and know what fear is.

I agree as well.

Also, that one image of Darkseid looks like he's just lazily channel surfing after a long day at work. Option 1 definitely looks better.

@Prince

This is nicely done and very comprehensive.

The only issue I have is the 2-C rating for Takion.

I'm confused as to why he is 2-C and not High 2-A like the other New Gods when he's constantly protrayed on the same level of existence as their GodHeads.

@Emperor

Takion was explicitly not technically a New God, despite being closely connected with them. Since it's not definite that he even has a Godhead, I didn't make an High 2-A key.

I know he isn't a full New God and was created by Highfather. I mean he's been interacting with their Godheads on New Genesis so that would make him High 2-A. Unless those planets are also considered lower emanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back