• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ speeds... again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aimenaltair said:
CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Aimenaltair said:
To the one that said dragon ball don't have any speed feat close to the one piccolo did.
1- final flash going to outer space in 1 second.

2- gotenks do a dozen of laps around the earth in just 1 second.

3- Kid buu destroying a galaxy in just a few years.

4- Frieza's Namek busting.

thos are the one i can remember...
Kid Buu is filler but the rest is true however.
But idn't Kid buu busting a galaxy over years made him 4-A.
Not sure why filler was added to his page now that youre mentioning it..

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Kid Buu's feat was in Kai, which is actually the entire reason anyone in the Buu saga is 4-A, now.
Kai is just a remake of Z how's it canon to the manga?

Because Toriyama's executive producer made it to be a more accurate represenation of DBZ in anime form, and he gave his approval to include the scene of Buu destroying the galaxy.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Kid Buu's feat was in Kai, which is actually the entire reason anyone in the Buu saga is 4-A, now.
Kai is just a remake of Z how's it canon to the manga?
Because they're using Footage from kai into Super's flash backs...I guess.

The Everlasting said:
Because Toriyama's executive producer made it to be a more accurate represenation of DBZ in anime form, and he gave his approval to include the scene of Buu destroying the galaxy.
and this too...

The final flash is FTL for sure, and Frieza's Namek bust is somewhere in the relativistic area, and gotenks earth laps too.

The Everlasting said:
Animes aim to adapt manga.If Kai is aimed to be more accurate than Z I don't see how that makes it canon but ok.

Why use 17 seconds if Kai is the newer and more accurate version of the show? I thought Kai > Z when it comes to the hierarchy of sources.

I don't think you can use the rocks as a point of reference to anything in this scene. Piccolo's Ki blast created a supersonic shock wave and supersonic blast wave which would disrupt the properties of the air around him. Also, it would cause all objects to be pushed outwards from the source of the explosion and inwards towards the source via negative pressure. Unless you can calculate the exact affect the waves had on said rocks, then I don't think you can use them as reliable factors. Remember, the properties of the air around them changed. I'm assuming he/she calculated the time-distance relationship as if constant properties were present and without acknowledging the waves being created.

I'd say the 4 seconds thing should be used. Kai is canon after all. It's not as if it came from a non canon movie (example: Broly).

Also, in case we want to do precise calculations in the future, I used windows movie maker and I advanced frame per frame to determinate when Piccolo fired and when the beam reached the moon.

In my vid he starts to fire precisely at 19 min 15.24 s

The beam disappeared from the screen at 19 min 18.46 s

And later the moon starts to shine (because it's about to explode) at 19 min 19.27 s

So if we use the moment the beam disappeared, the time for Piccolo's beam to reach the moon is precisely 3.22 s

if we use the moment the moon is starting to shine then it is 4,03 s What will we use?

Also, I'd like te remind this to everyone. After his training with Roshi, kid Goku was faster than bullets. After his training in Kami's palace, Goku was faster than (and could dodge) lightning. And it was when he was a kid! He became waaaay faster after that.

http://imgur.com/a/4D3ZL#0

I do not count feats such as the laser thing or the feat with goku being able to go faster than light that came from Tenshihan's taiyoken (because obviously, kid Goku is not ftl).

But for him to be faster than lightning makes perfect sense especially because it's ust before the very last tournament where teen goku fights against Piccolo Jr.

Then of course we have the moon busting feat we're talking about.

and also we know Goku became ten time faster after his training at 100G.

Also we know their speed increase with their power level: http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/214/21-055.0/compressed/kdragon_ball_z_v005-128.jpg

Vegete just showed it: with his new strenght he blitzed someone who had the exact same level than him when he came on earth for the first time.

Also, later Vegeta trained at 400G

One question. Since kid Goku was abtle to dodge litghtning. How fast was he during at the end of that training?

I don't know how fast lightning is.

Jeune fou said:
One question. Since kid Goku was abtle to dodge litghtning. How fast was he during at the end of that training?
I don't know how fast lightning is.
Depending on where the character dodges the lightning from, lightning dodging ranges from subsonic to massively hypersonic.

Ok when the hell did Goku dodge lightning in the manga I'd like to see that. And I better not get the statement of faster than lightning again I want to see the scene of Goku dodging lightning ''in the manga''. Because as far as I know the lightning dodging scene is only in the anime...

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
Ok when the hell did Goku dodge lightning in the manga I'd like to see that. And I better not get the statement of faster than lightning again I want to see the scene of Goku dodging lightning in the manga. Because as far as I know the lightning dodging scene is only in the anime...
That's fake lightning made by Buyon, not natural lightning

Goku dodges lightning

So not cloud to ground lightning huh...

So why exactly is everyone bringing this up then... seriously I've had to deal with this at least 5 times by now...

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
So not cloud to ground lightning huh...
So why exactly is everyone bringing this up then... seriously I've had to deal with this at least 5 times by now...
Do you understand now why DBZ got banned on comicvine? Not all DB fans are rational brother

Trust me I used to think that as well, but many if not most DB fans don't care about vs battle logic. Some think EoS GT goku is omnipotent, I have seen people saying that. And they're serious lol

Faisal Shourov said:
Trust me I used to think that as well, but many if not most DB fans don't care about vs battle logic. Some think EoS GT goku is omnipotent, I have seen people saying that. And they're serious lol

Ok I got nothing else to say to that...

@Antvasima: Maybe we could do something about that after the man projects are done (eg: Attack Potency Revision, etc)

Mr popo said Goku had to "move fastar than ligthning"

http://img.mymanga.me/65132513318154309451329642244.jpg

http://img.mymanga.me/11804920551354054918916225918.jpg

as you can see, Mr popo really insists on that lightning thing. Training was skipped. But considering Goku became a lot faster than Kami himself (since Kami can't follow goku with his eyes during the battle against Piccolo at the end of the tournament), we can assume Goku is faster than lightning.

Too bad we actually didn't see his training in kami's palace.

Sincerely. It makes sense don't you think? I'm not a wanker or something. I just say it's pretty obvious the training in kami's palace made Goku able to dodge lightning.

There's nothing that shows he failed. I'd even say he obviously exceeded Kami's expectations since he became faster than Kami himself.

Remember 5 years later Radditz dodged Piccolo's beam in battle situation. So for Goku to be able to dodge lightning during the 23rd budokai makes perfect sense.

Faisal Shourov said:
Oh BTW if anybody's interested, DB earth is the same as our Earth. They even have Africa and Middle East
Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 - Watch Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 12.22 -2015.12.09 12.15.21-
Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 - Watch Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 21.08 -2015.12.09 12.16.23-
Its not the same the animators just messed up they did the same in episode 4 when we saw the cruise ship then a couple episodes later they fixed it and now its back to this again. These guys need to make up their minds already.

Aimenaltair:

I just wanted to talk about a feat from dragon ball. Kid Goku apparently dodged lightning during his training in kami's palace (before the 23rd budokai).

http://img.mymanga.me/65132513318154309451329642244.jpg

http://img.mymanga.me/11804920551354054918916225918.jpg

But the training was skipped. So we don't have many informations about it.

But just because I said that, I was nearly called "illogical" by SDZ. While it's pretty obvious the training focused on dodging lightning (Mr popo didn't mention it twice in the same chapter just for fun. It was clearly the training's goal).

Alexcar3000 said:
That was not the one we were talking about tho.
True. At first we were talking about the moon busting feat. But I just wanted to show there was already a valid feat before the saiyan saga.

Jeune fou said:
Alexcar3000 said:
True. At first we were talking about the moon busting feat. But I just wanted to show there was already a valid feat before the saiyan saga.
I was talking about the lightning thing, this was not the one we were talking about, also this was way before Popo's training.

Alexcar3000 said:
Jeune fou said:
Alexcar3000 said:
I was talking about the lightning thing, this was not the one we were talking about, also this was way before Popo's training.
If you're talking about this:
Goku_dodges_lightning.jpg

This is not real lightning. it was created by a monster and it doesn't have real lightning's properties.

However, they most likely were refering to real lightning for the training in kami's palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back