• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ speeds... again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aimenaltair said:
Lets just focus on the saiyan saga upgrades.
BTW when would that happen.
I think you're right. It's better if we focus on that (but maybe one day we can make athread about that lightning thing). I hope the upgrade will be done soon.

Personally I don't think floating rocks should be used as a reference point when Dbz has a tendency to make them move around when there's a large blast or power up.

Faisal Shourov said:
Oh BTW if anybody's interested, DB earth is the same as our Earth. They even have Africa and Middle East
Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 - Watch Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 12.22 -2015.12.09 12.15.21-
Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 - Watch Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 21.08 -2015.12.09 12.16.23-
OK, seriously wtf at this point. I could've sworn DB earth was different...

Sooo, what has the consensus agreed? Will it be 4 seconds or 17 seconds, or...we will make an intermediate point, like 10 second or something?

One thing. Apparently the ligthning dodge feat from Goku (before 23rd budokai) was already considered valid because Goku's profile already say "Massively Hypersonic (Outpaced piccolo's ki blasts, has been claimed to move "as fast as lightning"). For the "piccolo jr saga".

Sheoth said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Oh BTW if anybody's interested, DB earth is the same as our Earth. They even have Africa and Middle East
Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 - Watch Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 12.22 -2015.12.09 12.15.21-
Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 - Watch Dragon Ball Super (Sub) Episode 020 online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 21.08 -2015.12.09 12.16.23-
I'm pretty sure that an officially released map is more relevant than a few frames of animation:

Map.

i dont know, there seems to be a massive support with 4 seconds

and 17 seconds has its flaws which really doesnt make it fit

so should be soon

im of the opinion that the decision should lay entirely in the staffs hands, mainly due to fans just wanting their verse to be as powerful as possible.. and considering this is DBZ, it's pretty likely this is the case, and im a DBZ fan.. also i'm against the use of cinematic timing in general.

anyway, 17 seconds will serve as a lowball for me, so that is what I think is acceptable.

The decision is entirely in the staff's hands in another thread. It is not a fan-boosted popularity contest, but intended to be a rational decision taken with regard to the wider consequences of accepting or not accepting use of cinematic time, as we are the ones who have to deal with said consequences.

Sorry, but yes, "yes" or "no" style statements here do not matter. We have to take other things than personal bias for a franchise into account, and rather think about what the decision would mean for the wiki as a whole. Well thought out arguments could likely have influenced our decisions however.

Oblivion00 said:
Either that map is still legit or it has been retconned by DB Super.
The map is legit

This happened in Halo 2 where Delta Halo's land looked like Earth's, it is just cheaper to do that.

LordAizenSama said:
im of the opinion that the decision should lay entirely in the staffs hands, mainly due to fans just wanting their verse to be as powerful as possible.. and considering this is DBZ, it's pretty likely this is the case, and im a DBZ fan.. also i'm against the use of cinematic timing in general.

anyway, 17 seconds will serve as a lowball for me, so that is what I think is acceptable.
Yep this should entirely be for the staff to decide. I'm also fine with the 17 second timeframe unless the staff think another method can be used.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Sheoth said:
Faisal Shourov said:
I'm pretty sure that an officially released map is more relevant than a few frames of animation:
Map.
Not really. The offfical 4 galaxy has been retconned by DBS. We take DBS anime as the primary canon for everything

just so u know, that those fallen rocks could have come from either a few that were caused by piccolo's launch or the millions that were being tossed around by gohan

as a result, its is most likely they came from gohna, so the best result that we get from the manga is unknown speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back