• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Vegeta downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizer04

He/Him
This is what it says on King Vegeta's profile about his speed:
Speed: FTL (Should be comparable to Saiyan Saga Vegeta)

But he's not comparable to Saiyan Saga Vegeta at all:
4f13620b22bc5dae404b0405b586d299.jpg
3589b74c44ee501d06a672b8a81a3e64.jpg

King Vegeta < Kid Vegeta < Saiyan Saga Vegeta

Therefore, he shouldn't be FTL and should be scaled to the next speed level on the scaling chain: At least Relativistic+

Last edited:
Doesn't saiyan saga vegeta have a powerlevel of like, 12k? is it 12 or 14k? Also, I doubt that statement is true from Vegeta, I don't know why we would just take it at face value. This isn't even the really reformed version of Vegeta yet, and he's still really cocky as well, no? I don't know if it should be THAT big of a downgrade. Maybe just say he's Unknown, possibly FTL (Shouldn't be massively slower than Saiyan Saga Vegeta)?

Doesn't saiyan saga vegeta have a powerlevel of like, 12k? is it 12 or 14k? Also, I doubt that statement is true from Vegeta, I don't know why we would just take it at face value. This isn't even the really reformed version of Vegeta yet, and he's still really cocky as well, no? I don't know if it should be THAT big of a downgrade. Maybe just say he's Unknown, possibly FTL (Shouldn't be massively slower than Saiyan Saga Vegeta)?

18000 is the PL of Saiyan Saga Vegeta, but it's implied that Vegeta was even stronger than his father even when he was just a little kid. King Vegeta is still roughly between Nappa and Vegeta's power.

Also, that's always been Dragon Ball tradition that Kaioken doubles power and speed, and the same character getting stronger also means the same character is a lot faster than before as well; though not that it means the jumped via same multipliers. Also, Dyspo's speed was via a specific technique with a short timeframe; and he can become much slower than the likes of Toppo or SSG Goku without it.

Also, characters who are literally entire tiers stronger are basically always faster.

Speaking of which, I think it's time we replaced current Toei Piccolo's beam with this one (Since this is a feat both the manga and anime share one-to-one).

gotta ask , when did power mean speed also? dypso wasnt strong-ish but was fast... burther also
Recently confirmed from 3 Daizenshuu scans, 1 Kanzenshuu scan, one from the official Dragon Ball Site and one from Dragon Ball Z Chapter 32. Confirmed in this CRT.

Strength and overall power, speed, aerial capabilities, destructive capacity, and defense.

Plus there's the fact that the DB guys have considerably swifter combat speed and reactions than their travel speed. This shouldn't even come into question.

Last edited:
not true... recoome was stronger and burter was faster than him... so power dont equal speed in dbz.
And Goku with his power increases outblitzed and overpowered all of them. And Frieza is casually swifter than them just by sitting on his chair.

So yeah, while one-offs exist in the verse, they're basically exceptions, as time and time again Dragon Ball has proven in most other cases that a higher power level= greater strength and greater speed.

Last edited:
not true... recoome was stronger and burter was faster than him... so power dont equal speed in dbz.
The fact very few characters focus on one attribute or the other does not change the fact that a bigger power level will allow for a higher speed. You can't use one off examples to define how power works within the entire verse.

If a character is not portrayed to have greater or lesser abilities in a particular attribute, then it should be assumed his power is balanced.

The fact very few characters focus on one status or the other does not change the fact that a bigger power level will allow for a higher speed. You can't use one off examples to define how power works within the entire verse.

If a character is not portrayed to have greater or lesser abilities in a particular attribute, then it should be assumed his power is balanced.
Agreed.

gotta ask , when did power mean speed also? dypso wasnt strong-ish but was fast... burther also
I mean, getting stronger explicitly increases your speed. This aint SDS where their CC is split into categories, this is just an overall.

But obviously speed does not 1 to 1 always equal power. Generally, it would, but stuff like SSJ-grade 3 exists, where it's as strong as grade 4 but slower because it's way too bulky. But Vegeta also said "I got stronger, obviously I got faster too" (paraphrasing, but you get the idea). Vegeta should reasonably be faster than King Vegeta, but not MASSIVELY so. This was already debated a lot lmfao

King Vegeta is between 5000 and less than 18000 (he is weaker than a kid vegeta)

His Power Level is less than 11500 (average between the two). I'd say 10000 personally.

Either way, the difference between 18000 (Cui) and 24000 (Namek Vegeta) was enough that Cui got speedblitzed by Vegeta himself, so I say Vegeta is significantly faster than the king.

Why does Vegeta III even have a page? He is only ever shown in flashbacks, and he has no feats -- the same reason canon Bardock was wiped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back