• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Discussion Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen Diclonius said:
Okay, guys, this is STILL a Dragon Ball Super thread, so let's get back on track. What do you expect to see in Episode 50? Any thoughts as to why Black isn't taking the fight seriously?
You right, hmmm he might be just testing goku at this point

Okay, guys, this is STILL a Dragon Ball Super thread, so let's get back on track. What do you expect to see in Episode 50? Any thoughts as to why Black isn't taking the fight seriously?
I want to see Goku get bodied and turned into a pillow. Jk lol i just want to see an entertaining fight really.

Honestly, I feel like he is the super Saiyan white we've been hearing rumors about and that it's so much stronger that Blase (Black Base) Goku doesnt care.

Toriyama said he ditched the concept of giving Goku a "Super Saiyan White" form because it would clash with a new villain who had white hair - and my suspicion is that said villain is the white-haired Kaioshin we see in the opening credits for this arc. Before he, or she, appeared, a lot of people speculated it was gonna be Vados so you can imagine I am supremely pleased that that turned out not to be the case at all. I'm rather a huge fanboy for Vados. XD
well is it just me or anyone noticed it seemed that kaioshin only had one ear piece like black goku

or kaioshin split himself from black while black is blinded justice the kaoishin is pure evil

then idk kaioshin maybe good guy but black fuses with that guy shows that kaioshins true colors maybe being evil and all?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
or kaioshin split himself from black while black is blinded justice the kaoishin is pure evil
That doesn't make sense. Remember that while Goku Black may claim to be acting for "justice," he is doing so by killing entire planets and races.
Maybe this is that whole "Gray Morality" thing I heard someone mention wanting to see in DBS. Also, Happy Canada Day, even though I'm not Canadian.

I don't know about Goku vs Goku Black, I'm Son Goku fangirl, so I don't want him to go down easy right away. And where did you people hear about this new white form? Didn't Toriyama say he didn't want any new forms ?He doesn't have an actual plan about all this,does he? xD

It was in an interview Toriyama gave saying that he had wanted to give Goku a "Super Saiyan White" form but ultimately decided against it because it would clash with the hair color of a new villain. Of course, he gave that interview during the Universe 6 Tournament, so a lot of idiot sexist fanboys were speculating that it was gonna be Vados, that she was secretly a bad guy. Again, highly pleased that's not the case. I am a MASSIVE Vados fanboy. :)

I love Vados too! So many people thought she was gonna be the next villain, cause of course we can't have a good female badass god tier in DBS.Was this the same interview where he said there will be an ultimate form achieved by Goku? Or am I messing some stuff up? I heard that he will ultimately achieve this final form which would allow him to beat the new villain, and I don't know if the "final boss" is Black. I think this new Kai will be the final.

For me,cannon is still canon. And I have always liked the manga more,i am sad in fact that it isn't the primary canon because the fights there look so much better . I'm just glad in general that we got a God tier woman and no one can do anything about it.

Oh,the tournament HAS to happen, and maybe we'll get Gohan in it too? Or just my wishful thinking?

Anyone else dislike it so much that One Piece is beating Dragon Ball Super in terms of ratings? At least that Goku vs. Luffy promotional material is not canon. If that was, I would go stark-raving mad.

Does anybody know whether or not that Vegeta vs. Saitama crossover promo is canon or not? If it's canon, I will scream.
It's not even made by toei,it's a fan made manga it's just as canon as luffy vs goku

We, the DB fans,may seem to rub our DB in everyone's faces at times, but we are actually nice most of the time. But, I must say that the Saitama fandom are even worse than the Superman fandom. I am not even joking.

I think that Toei kinda pushes One Piece because they know they have a sure long time succes with them, whereas Super is a "maybe". They have a deal for 100 ep.and IF it's a big succes they will add more I think.

Don't worry, Aneta. I HIGHLY doubt it won't be a big success. I mean, it's Dragon Ball. No one doesn't like it. Well, no one doesn't like it if they're not feat hating downplayers. Unfortunately, there's a lot of them though, but fortunately, they're in America and Toei only cares about its Japanese audience atm. But seriously, feats aren't a reason to rate a show at all. Need I remind people about the verse that doesn't pass tier 7 but is one of the greatest shows mentioned on this site?

Also, there's a Superman fandom? I've yet to see a member of it.

The real cal howard said:
Don't worry, Aneta. I HIGHLY doubt it won't be a big success. I mean, it's Dragon Ball. No one doesn't like it. Well, no one doesn't like it if they're not feat hating downplayers. Unfortunately, there's a lot of them though, but fortunately, they're in America and Toei only cares about its Japanese audience atm. But seriously, feats aren't a reason to rate a show at all. Need I remind people about the verse that doesn't pass tier 7 but is one of the greatest shows mentioned on this site?
Also, there's a Superman fandom? I've yet to see a member of it.
Bro the superman fandom was exposed after goku v superman 2 was released. And believe me if you think that the way goku fans reacted was bad then you haven't seen the morons on youtube who agreed with screwattack and act like sheep especially the ones who made videos on it talking about supes superiority over every one in fiction! JESUS and people called dbz fans complete *******? Pfft that was like the pot calling the kettle black!

Yeah. Screw the attards *shot*. But semi-seriously, they put shame to Samus' signature attack.

Screwattack did screw a lot of things up, they put a big beef between us and the Superman fandom and now it seems like it will never end, adding to that is the fact that no matter how much higher the actual gap in power from Goku to him is they seem to just say each time "W-well, superman is limitless!" They started our little nerd war and they should it. The Saitama fans started their own war with everyone after they started it with Goku, I mean some of them claim that he can defeat Superman,Phoenix and Scarlet Which in one blow !Imagine !

On your first statement, you're right, and that's pretty sad. Because I'm 100% certain that both characters would get along great. I made a fun and games thread a while back to see how people would think how they would react. Heck, I remember a (probably false) thing by Toriyama stating that he admires Supes.

Honestly, I remember temporarily hating Saitama because of the fandom. It's pure and utter BS. I watched the show and liked it, but him winning against everyone is baseless due to "his character." He loses to Deoxys. Let alone Superman and Goku and Phoenix and Scarlet Witch. Unless we're talking about the movie versions of all of them lol.

Actually remember reading that Superman,Star Wars and other sci-fi related stuff were his obsession for a while. Someone should really make a crossover with them(Superman and Goku) fighting someone together, like a manga,comic or a cartoon episode I guess.

• cringe* Ugh, don't even go there, movie version is a bloody blasphemy. I haven't watched those videos on Youtube about Goku vs Saitama, but from the info about them...I just threw my hands from it all, I honestly just like to stay away from that whole situation.

Right?! Not to mention the Superman Prime thing! Dear god,that guy doesn't have...well ANY of the feats that he is praised for,I've read the damm thing am 100% sure on that one.

But,I never knew about the Darkseid debate, are they really that into themselves to claim something so BS. Is it just me or has Superman done this on other ocations too? Like the time when he said Green Lantern outclasses him or something?

I'm not sure. I've heard (I think from you guys) that they're thinking of not doing it. That kinda makes me sad because I sortof grew up and liked on Goku's English voice along with the fact that I hate Goku's japanese voice. I also love Chris Sabat.

Well, Sean Schemmel says FUNimation's lawyers are in negotiation with Toei's lawyers, but why hasn't there been any headway after a year of discussion? All I did was alert them to the fact that Death Battle had put DBZ characters in their fights and mishandled them, and that FUNimation, Screwattack, and TeamFourStar worked pretty closely together. That was last July, I believe. So really it's still up in the air as to whether or not FUNimation will be getting the rights to license Dragon Ball Super here. Sean DID say, however, that they are taking an approach of, "Just because we got Dragon Ball Z, doesn't automatically going to mean, oh, you have the rights to Dragon Ball Super too." Or words to that effect. So it seems they might - and I'm putting an emphasis on MIGHT - be suspecting they aren't going to get it.
That quote of Sean's I think was only to say that just because they have DBZ doesn't mean that they can get the rights to Super right away. That it will take some time.

Hey, curious. Does anyone here think FUNimation is going to get the rights to Dragon Ball Super? You already know I've been sending Toei a buttload of inquiries telling them not to. But what are your thoughts? Do you think they will or won't they?
They will definitely get the rights to DBS, they already did the buu saga from Kai and now it only needs to be released in August/September,that's what Sean said. There is no way they will not give the right to FUNimation since they have been the most succesful with handling the series until now, especially Kai.

I have a question, I usualy like to stay away from GT haters so can someone explain to me what's their deal?

What if at the end of this episode ...

Black Goku: "This isn't even my final form"

I think he will destroy the Time Machine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back