• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBGT Alternate Timeline Revision Part 1: relax nothing really changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"GT is also accepted as one of those endless possibilities/alternate timelines with Toriyama stating it’s a grand side-story and Shuiesha recognizing GT as canon in the chronological events of timelines presented in the screening."

very simple stuff, it was recently accepted that dbgt is another canon timeline in the dragon ball cannon multiverse, this thread is not changing that, it is simply removing one of the justifications, Shueisha reconized dragon ball gt as being IN THE SAME timeline as super, aka saying that gt is the canon future of super, so since the aproved thing was that gt is a canon alternate timeline and not in the same continuity as super, that should be removed from the note

like i said, simple and doesn't change anything really

edit: explaining further, this thread is purely removing a note that is impliyng something not currently accepted, it is NOT saying that gt is cannon to super

Agree: @Firestorm808 @LephyrTheRevanchist

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Why are you saying that's simple ? It really in my opinion isn't. GT being the Future of Super is a retcon that affects a good bit of the scaling. Anyone who is actually aware of how GT depicts somethings would realize how much that changes things scaling wise, which was why a lot of people preferred to say it's an AU rather than within the chronological timeline of Super, then GT.

Why are you saying that's simple ? It really in my opinion isn't. GT being the Future of Super is a retcon that affects a good bit of the scaling. Anyone who is actually aware of how GT depicts somethings would realize how much that changes things scaling wise, which was why a lot of people preferred to say it's an AU rather than within the chronological timeline of Super, then GT.
did you even read what the thread in proposing? because making gt cannon is not even close to it

I'm all for removing it, but we do need to go over why it should be removed. Because that is what the timeline is stating. We need to go over why it shouldn't be treated that way and the inconsistencies involved with doing it, less someone else tries it later on.

I'm all for removing it, but we do need to go over why it should be removed. Because that is what the timeline is stating. We need to go over why it shouldn't be treated that way and the inconsistencies involved with doing it, less someone else tries it later on.
i mean, the reasoning for it is in the op, no?

Please specify the change suggested for the Franchise page.

What sentence is removed? What is added?
this link is removed from the verse page as it implies that gt and super are in the same timeline of events, with gt coming after super, so it is not in line with what was accepted, it was accepted that gt is another timeline entirely, and as such, not part of the events of the main timeline of dragon ball super

this link is removed from the verse page as it implies that gt and super are in the same timeline of events, with gt coming after super, so it is not in line with what was accepted, it was accepted that gt is another timeline entirely, and as such, not part of the events of the main timeline of dragon ball super

Omega I don't understand, GT is like a timeline of trunks, but although canonical to super.

Omega I don't understand, GT is like a timeline of trunks, but although canonical to super.
the timeline of trunks is part of the cronological events of the main timeline, as they have interacted, gt is not as the timeline of gt never interacted with the main timeline, plus that link is of a timeline depicting the events of the main timeline of the franchise, which wouldn't make sense to show gt if it didn't happened, so it is saying that gt is the canon future of events, which is kind of obvious why it doesn't work, and as such should be removed

the timeline of trunks is part of the cronological events of the main timeline, as they have interacted, gt is not as the timeline of gt never interacted with the main timeline, plus that link is of a timeline depicting the events of the main timeline of the franchise, which wouldn't make sense to show gt if it didn't happened, so it is saying that gt is the canon future of events, which is kind of obvious why it doesn't work, and as such should be removed
Are you saying that GT is not a timeline? But rather a sequel to super?

It’s not implied DBS is a continuation of DB GT its just showing the chronological events of things happening in different ages like in future trunks tineline in age 779 the Time Machine is made but for the “main timeline” rof happens there’s nothing implying that dbs is a continuation of gt

It’s not implied DBS is a continuation of DB GT its just showing the chronological events of things happening in different ages like in future trunks tineline in age 779 the Time Machine is made but for the “main timeline”
show me where does in that timeline linked in the verse page does it show events of other unrelated timelines that have no conection to the main one

rof happens there’s nothing implying that dbs is a continuation of gt
the fact that they are in the same line of events?

show me where does in that timeline linked in the verse page does it show events of other unrelated timelines that have no conection to the main one

the fact that they are in the same line of events?
Well then get it translated in the translations requests wiki thing

And it’d also help if the Daizenshuu 7 and GT perfect files timelines could be sent here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back