• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader (Disney Canon) vs Alarak

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Gotta love red energy blades.

By rite of Rak'Shir, Alarak, the Tal'darim Highlord, challenges Darth Vader for his position in a duel to the death.

Rule of the fight: Darth Vader is in Disney canon, meaning he lacks his EU abilities and power; speed is equalized; the fight must end in the death of the opponent.

Alarak BlizzCon Portrait
Darthvader3
Which dark, red-blade wielding leader will make it out? The Highlord or the Sith Lord? Who wins and why?

Vader: 3 Alarak: 2

BruceTheBatman said:
Vader via mindhax and better TK skills.

Vader high-diff
Adding 1 for Vader. Note that Alarak has some mental resistance, though, as he was unaffected by Amo. Vader definitely holds the edge in TK (assuming this is telekinesis), tho.

BruceTheBatman said:
I doubt Amon is remotely comparable to Vader in mind-hax.
He is a xel'naga who controls billions of life forms simultaneously while located in another universe. He has some pretty serious powers, yet can't seem to control the Protoss as well. I know Vader has some crazy stuff, too, though.

BruceTheBatman said:
Close enough, though that's still fairly below Vader.

Bets are on Vader though.
Vader has never managed to use telepathy that has influence on a universal scale.

Victory added for Alarak. Happen to know anyone who is knowledgable in StarCraft/Star Wars?

Vader seems to have a large amount of abilities, however most may not help him too much, especailly if we're going with current canon.

However, even with speed equalized, the skill and experience gap isn't large.

As Alarak is older, we don't know how long he's been fighting through out his life.

Vader, since he was put in training by Obi-Wan, has been either training or fighting at least 90% of his life. IHop likes to think the experiece gap is not very major. The weapons though...

The lightsaber's dura negation (via plasma) is vrey high, however depending on the type of attack and where, it might not be a OHKO. Alarak's weapon doesn't seem to be a high threat to Vader, although several strong hits would put Vader down.

Going to go inconclusive.

Mmm this is close. Vader does have sub-atomic matter manipulation. Alarak is almost immune to mindhax because of his Will which was strong enough to resist Amon's. Amon is capable of controlling billions of sentients (working as the Overmind for the Zerg in the bad ending) and the Protoss of the Golden Armada, which numbered in the hundreds of billions.

Alarak does have hax of his own up his sleeve, particulary the almost null-energy esque beams that he uses. His Psi-Blades should counter the Lightsaber easily enough... mmm

Alarak has better CQC skills but Vader has better hax... It really depends. Alarak resists TK and at least atomic hax, as i know Templar are able to pull apart enemies with TK that works on the atomic level... (i've been writing up a revision thread for Starcraft hax abilities).

If Alarak's dash carries him the distance, he'll destroy Vader in CQC but Vader will win if he can imploy the subatomic before Alarak closes the distance. However, since Alarak prefers melee combat generally, he should be able to close the distance first because of Vader's usual attack methods are also CQC.

So here's my vote, sorry for wall of text.

Both characters are in character, both prefer CQC and Alarak trumps Vader in that category. If Vader can keep alive through Alarak's flurry of blows, then Vader will win via hax, but i give it to Alarak ... 5.1/10

SoyHop said:
So he should be able to do something of that level. Even if it was years before that.
Pretty much. Nothing in the Canon (or EU regardless) implies that Vader was weaker than Anakin.

Hop has decided to vote for Vader.

Reviewing all in canon feats and powers assusre my previous speculation that he woul dcome out a victor, albiet with much difficulty.

Back