• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darquesse vs Teridax

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Darquesse vs Teridax.

Obviously, this is 7-A Teridax.

Speed is equalized, and, otherwise, standard battle assumptions.

Both of these characters don't get enough attention. So I figured I'd make something for them.

Darquesse: 1

Teridax: 0

Inconclusive: 1

I'M HERE FOR MY WAIFU LADIES AND GENTS

And geez that's a lot of powers on Terridax's page.

Ok, first, how good's his mind manip? Because Darquesse resisted thousands of evil spirits all simultaneously attempting to merge with her mind and soul to take her over.

Teridax's mind manip scales to Orde, who made all the Zyglak pissed off as opposed to what he was supposed to do (calm them down). I think it's safe to assume there's thousands of Zyglak at least, given that they're found all over the planet-sized Great Spirit Robot, but I don't know how many there are specifically.

How smart/emotional are the Zyglak? Just thinking that if they have simpler minds they would be easier to control.

They're sapient. I don't think there's anything implying that they're below human intelligence, but they are kinda savage.

Hmmm. Well, all we have is "hundreds, no thousands" of remnants trying to possess her (though I would say their mind manip that completely takes over the person is better than empathically manipulating some already savage creatures into rage) so idk how that would compare. Though making Darquesse angrier would probably not be the best idea. Seeing as things that make her angry tend to get turned into atoms/chairs.

Oh, yeah, definitely not, but Teridax can do more than that, that's just an application of those powers. I'd say it'd be pretty hard to pull out the big guns against that resistance though.

Alright.

Well, hmmmm.

Trying to imagine how she'd be reacting against a bionicle.

Pretty sure the last time she fought something weird looking (a creature from the Caves of the Void) she went for energy beams to see what would happen.

His durability is enough that her energy beams wouldn't do much against it... and last time her energy beams didn't work against something (the creature), she went straight to existence erasure afterwards.

What does Teridax start with?

Varies. It's kinda hard to tell because most of the time he's either letting people win or screwing around.

When he's serious, he generally goes for mind reading so that he knows what his opponent can do, and then basing his next action after that. Mind attacks or illusions are likely. If he can't figure something out and can't figure out her thoughts, he'll probably just blast her with darkness energy while playing it safe with teleportation.

Ok, well mind reading is probably either not going to work, or is going to get him mind screwed. People don't tend to do well once they're inside her mind.

Mind attacks won't be very effective FRA, are the illusions like holographic constructs or are they projected into her mind?

She's pretty good with necromancy (controlling shadows), so she could probably counter his darkness manipulation. If he's staying in the same area, her extrasensory perception could probably let her know where he's popping up once he teleports (as in she will know where he is, not where he is going to be). And she doesn't like teleporters very much, having "resolved to kill them without warning next time she got the chance" or a quote to that effect. So if she sees him start teleporting, she might just go "screw this" and atomise/erase him.

Teridax can do both, pretty sure. He can make shadow duplicates with identical powers and skills to his target.

Yeah, makes sense.

He only did it once (against the Toa Mata) and never really did it again. And they ceased to exist when the Toa accepted them as part of themselves, so. I'm assuming he'd need to read her mind to properly replicate her though, so I doubt it'd be very usable, I was just listing it as proof that his illusions can exist separately from someone's mind.

Inconclusive. Both characters have really potent hax to the point that it boils down to who hax's the other first.

Back