• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darquesse, bullets through the brain and perception speed

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Darquesse page currently states she can survive a bullet through the head.

Wasn't that an illusion only thing?

That aside her page gives her hypersonic perception for seeing an explosion in slow motion.

On one hand that was maybe a mortar, but could also have been anything else, and on the other hand detonation velocity Ôëá speed of an explosion.

Mmm, I unknown the details, but yes, detonation speed =/= shockwave speed (at 20 psi shockwaves moves around 500 mph). Can't confirm if was an illusion or not, just here to help.

So, unless someone says stop soon, I will take that as sufficient justification to remove the explosion bit.

Antoniofer said:
(at 20 psi shockwaves moves around 500 mph).
Speed of sound is 767 mph. I don't think shockwaves (in air) can be slower than the speed of sound.

I think wind speed is not shockwave speed. Remember a wave usually doesn't move the medium it propagates through all too much. Hence a shockwave travels without producing a lot of air movement aka wind.

Wikipedia (and presumably its given sources) straight up define a shockwaves as propagating at supersonic speed. The UN calculators results support that.

Welp, with time the shockwave dissipate in the wind, desaccelerating, reason why the the overpressure decrease. But I'm not an expert in the subject.

You're right they decelerate, which is a big art of the reason detonation velocity has nothing to do with explosion speed. Wikipedia states: "Over longer distances, a shock wave can change from a nonlinear wave into a linear wave, degenerating into a conventional sound wave as it heats the air and loses energy."

That as well matches with my observations from the before mentioned calculator. It seems when traveling the shockwaves asymptotically approach the speed of sound, at which point they aren't shockwaves anymore, but just plain normal sound.

Detonation velocity explosion speed yada yada its fine that it was removed.

The surviving a bullet through the brain happened literally less than 30 seconds into the vision and it was stated the vision was constructed to be as accurate as possible, so it's entirely plausible she would be capable of such a thing

Also message me next time ya make a Skulduggery Pleasant thread please.

Back