• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Samus VS. Darth Sidious

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the degree of Dark Samus' ability?

Also: "This process also gradually deteriorated Sidious' mind." Doesn't seem he does according to the profile, at least, not the Legends side.

He resists powers like Force Slow, Force Diminish, Force Suppression, and Battle Meditation, yes, he resists it

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I did. When did Palpatine have Universal Mindhax when literally all of Star Wars takes place in a Singular Galaxy?
Funny enough, while not universal, I may have a quote of him mindhaxing the entire Galaxy by sheer pressence.
If it is from a supplementary book's flavor text, I don't know how that could be taken literally if the character hasn't displayed anything remotely like that in the story proper.

Catalyst75 said:
If it is from a supplementary book's flavor text, I don't know how that could be taken literally if the character hasn't displayed anything remotely like that in the story proper.
It's not. It comes from the Revenge of the Sith novel, right in the narrative.

Catalyst75 said:
It's not. It comes from the Revenge of the Sith novel, right in the narrative.
So, what reason is there to take it literally?

The fact that weaker characters have done something similar, though limited to planets.

Edit: I am referring to King Omnin, btw. Whose mere presence was infecting the whole of the moon Dxun during the events of Knights of the Old Republic (the comic about Ulic Qel-Droma, not the game about Revan).

The fact that weaker characters have done something similar, though limited to planets.
Edit: I am referring to King Omnin, btw. Whose mere presence was infecting the whole of the moon Dxun during the events of Knights of the Old Republic (the comic about Ulic Qel-Droma, not the game about Revan).
I thought Palpatine himself was limited to the scope of dominating a single planet as well. Claiming he could do the same to the entire galaxy's populace sounds like hyperbole, to me.

Via scaling (as much as I hate it) and an actual statement of him doing it (though I have been searching for it, now I can't find it), we apply it.

But yeah, until I find the specifi statement, ignore what I said. ovo

Alright, I found the quote. However, I was misremembering the quote itself. It isn't talking about mindhax, but of his pressence:

"Depowered lampdisks were rings of ghostly gray floating in the gloom. The shimmering jewelscape of Coruscant haloed the knife-edged shadow of the chair. This was the office of the Chancellor. Within the chair's shadow sat another shadow: deeper, darker, formless and impenetrable, an abyssal umbra so profound that it drained light from the room around it. And from the city. And the planet. And the galaxy. The shadow waited. It had told the boy it would. It was looking forward to keeping its word. For a change.

The Coruscant nightfall was spreading through the galaxy. The darkness in the Force was no hindrance to the shadow in the Chancellor's office; it was the darkness. Wherever darkness dwelled, the shadow could send perception." —Revenge of the Sith

-

I was mistaking it for mindhax, because King Ommin does something similar to this; he touches all the darkness in Dxun and amplifies it.

It really shouldn't, and that thread wasn't accepted from what I can tell.

Hell, Masadaverse is a walking middle finger to that idea.

Dark Samus has Universe levels of mind manipulation + Corruption + Mid-Godly Regenerationn. Which might get upgraded to High Universal levels of that given that Chozo lore states the Universe is Infinite in size. And it also works on "Non-Corporeal deities who have both entire Space-time Continuum levels of cosmic awareness and were stated to exist outside the boundaries of time and space."

Also, Regenerationn =/= Mind hax resistance. And Mind hax resistance isn't the best choice of words but rather Dark Samus is already mind haxing herself passively.

<Infinite in Size

…..That massively changes the match if true, given Sidious has no way of resisting that in that case.

I don't think the latter part of what it works on matters though

The whole 'Phazon infecting gods' thing can help my arguement for DS vs Frieza on DBF

Gonna go with Dark Samus. Not even Nihilus can beat this monster goddess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back