• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That’s not a joke, Tangrowth knows Tickle which Debuffs the opponents attacking power. He also has several healing moves in the form of Leech Seed, Ingrain, Giga Drain, etc. and quite some range via Vine Whip or other Grass Moves. Depending on what ability DontTalk says it has, it can also Regen, raise its Speed or become resistant to status effects. It also has access to various Powder moves that will Paralyze, Poison, and/or put Darcia to sleep, which is certainly useful.
What does Darcia do?

Edit: Darcia scales to 5.5e17J, Tangrowth scales to 1.365465e+18 J. That’s 131.45315487571701851 Megatons to 326 Megatons. Note that I didn’t use the Charizard calc, this is Defog- Charizard Calc‘s getting yeeted.

Last edited:
Alright. Don’t know what’s in-character for Darcia or not, either way let’s compare their strengths and weaknesses:

Tangrowth scales to Tyranitar, making him 326 Megatons. Darcia scales to Vandalieu, who has a mid-end of about 5 Mountains of Energy, or about 131 Megatons. The calc goes higher, but this is the mid-end, and therefore I’ll assume that we don’t use the High-End unless told otherwise.
Therefore, Tangrowth has the AP Advantage.

Tangrowth is rated at High Intelligence for Combat, and Average for everything else. This is because Pokemon are practically bred to fight from the literal instant they hatch, and Tangrowth itself is a Predator.
Darcia is Above Average, High when using Goddess Descend, which gives 1000 years of intellect.
Albeit not major, Darcia has the Intellect advantage.

Tangrowth has standard Melee range, but can extend that and reaches tens of Kilometers with most attacks.
Darcia has standard melee range, but up to about a hundred Meters with their bow.
Tangrowth has a significant Range Advantage.

Tangrowth typically leads with ensnaring its opponents with its Vines, which it can do easily. Starting at a range of at least 4 Kilometers though, it’s likely it’ll attempt Ranged attacks first, especially with its better use of Special Attacks and wide coverage. Plant Pokemon also tend to spam their Status attacks, and 14/20 of its moves are Status attacks or Special Attacks, increasing the likelihood. We already covered what these attacks do.
I don’t know Darcias starting move, but they have laughably inferior Range with their attacks. Darcia seems to have a lot of skill, good with both their Bow and Dagger, and able to change up their fighting style easily. Darcia can amp themselves up, summon a Beast to shred away at Tangrowth, or manipulate Water and Wind to blast at him. They can even change their bodily shape, and go Intangible, the latter of which is useless due to Tangrowth‘s NPI.
Overall, the best abilities I say goes to... Tangrowth. He simply has far more combat-applicable abilities, Status effects, and can decrease Darcias stat amps in response or even amp itself alongside that. Darcia has Regen, but so does Tangrowth, and both have Healing but Tangrowth has self-healing rather than Darcias normal healing. The massive range advantage doesn’t help either, and while Darcia has Air Manip to attack Tangrowth I’m not sure if they’d lead with it, in addition to all the Healing and Regen making it hard to do solid damage.

Tangrowth is rated at High Stamina, for good reason, able to hold its own through long, drawn out fights against multiple opponents, even as its weaker form.
Darcia is rated at Likely High Stamina due to the sheer amount of skills that increase it.
Without further info, I’d say both are pretty even in the Stamina department.

Over all, I’d say Tangrowth takes this. His Vine Regen protects his vines from just getting shredded, has access to several amounts of self-healing, Stat Amps, Stat Debuffs, and a hefty Range advantage. Darcia just has more Stat Amps than Tangrowth and the ability to exploit its weakness of Air Manip. Tangrowth has a solid AP advantage (at least 2x), and while it May take a bit moves like Leech Seed, Constrict or Confusion can Incap Darcia via its severe Lifting Strength advantages or Confusing Darcia to oblivion once it learns it’ll be difficult to kill Darcia for good. Iirc you also don’t start with ‘Possibly’ abilities now, meaning Darcias Regen is just Mid, which can be overcome with enough force.
Quick question- how good’s Darcia’s Status Effect Resistance? Tangrowth has a potency of at least 108 last time I checked, for being able to affect Spiritomb who is made of 108 Souls. If Darcias doesn’t have a feat, its just baseline resistance, further solidifying Tangrowth’s win.

tl;dr Tangrowth has most advantages and lots of ways to incap + Darcia may not start with possibly Regen now meaning their Regen is weaker to the point where it can be overcome. (further research shows that was wrong, the agreed upon answer was not to restrict Possibly’s, my bad). Tangrowth may be able to overcome Darcias resistance though, with further evidence provided.

Last edited:
Tangrowth has standard Melee range, but can extend that and reaches tens of Kilometers with most attacks.
Darcia has standard melee range, but up to about a hundred Meters with their bow.
Tangrowth has a significant Range Advantage.
Her range is highly outdated, but I suppose that we will work with this.
Darcia has Regen, but so does Tangrowth, and both have Healing but Tangrowth has self-healing rather than Darcias normal healing.
Apart from healing skills, Darcia does have some strong physical attacks resistant skills, along with her special skeleton, which is made out of the strong magical metal in her verse, such metal is able to tank a direct attack from Van's Hollow Cannon, the one she gets the AP from. she should be a pretty strong tank.

Quick question- how good’s Darcia’s Status Effect Resistance? Tangrowth has a potency of at least 108 last time I checked, for being able to affect Spiritomb who is made of 108 Souls. If Darcias doesn’t have a feat, its just baseline resistance, further solidifying Tangrowth’s win.
Darcia's Status resistance is at the last level of the skill, which is a higher level than Heinz's, Eleanora's, and a previous version of Van. If we scaled from Heinz Alone, though he does have some magical tools, to help with status attacks, without this skill, he would have already lost to Van long ago. Van, who easily can reach 1,000 of mind or souls in potency. The actual number is a lot higher but I don't remember the exact amount.
tl;dr Tangrowth has most advantages and lots of ways to incap + Darcia may not start with possibly Regen now meaning their Regen is weaker to the point where it can be overcome. (further research shows that was wrong, the agreed upon answer was not to restrict Possibly’s, my bad). Tangrowth may be able to overcome Darcias resistance though, with further evidence provided.
Darcia does have the Advantage of being able to fly away from the Vines attacks, binds, etc.

Back