• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dante already has a thread fighting the Vestige we don't need him to fight the most spammed Elder Scrolls character of all time.

Prisoner Metaphysics makes this a stomp for the Dovahkiin. Unless Dante has some way to negate fate Manip/plot Manip/acausality/whatever it is called nowadays, the fight will just repeat until the Dovahkiin wins at least once. If the Dovahkiin has at least one win-con (which I'm almost certain he does) that win-con has a 100% chance of eventually happening and killing Dante. Massive mismatch.

I mean I don't think that's not exactly how it works, the Dovahkiin just has an equal chance of starting out with anything he has (which includes mehrunes razor which I'm pretty sure destroys Dante).

As far as I understand, Prisoner Metaphysics is the in-lore explanation for restarting at the last save when you die. No matter how many times he dies, if it is even physically possible for the Dragonborn to win once, the fight will repeat until he does.

I'm pretty sure (never like to assume I 100% know the answer) it's more like the character creator rather than the save and load of the game. Like the Dovahkiin is canonical a stealth archer and a guy who stabs you with a fork, not that he's a stealth archer with an infinite number of tries to figure out how to kill you.

As a Prisoner, the Dovahkiin is a quantum-being who simultaneously walks all paths. So every single quests, actions, races, genders and armors you can select are canon, regardless of the contradiction.

In the context of VS debating, Prisoner Metaphysic allow the Dovahkiin to always choose the right way to win, because the Prisoner will choose and walks through all paths, and one of these is bound to be the one where he wins or at least kill his opponent (unless it's an opponent that the Dovahkiin can't defeat no matter what or an opponent that speedblitz him)

It's a "i will use all of my power, weapons and abilities all at the same time" kind of power. Basically, it's a power that throw the concept of first move out of the window by literally doing every single possible actions all at the same time. That's how i interpret it anyway.

Back