• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (DMC) Regen Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dienomite But the issue here is that even wounds that fall under Low-Mid or even High-low can be fatal, just because it hits the brain it should not qualify for Mid, as that could justify someone suggesting he could suffer injuries much worse than what was presented.

I'm still honestly not convinced.

Abstractions said:
@Dienomite But the issue here is that even wounds that fall under Low-Mid or even High-low can be fatal, just because it hits the brain it should not qualify for Mid, as that could justify someone suggesting he could suffer injuries much worse than what was presented.
Yea, but those don't involve the brain, a gun shot to the brain affects the whole body and can cause a person to be unable to control the body because essentially the control system is damage and malfunctioning and again if someone does survive it they don't recover back to 100%.Regenerating from that is more impressive than a fatal shot to the heart.

That is not necessarily true.

Deaths occur from blood loss or lack of oxygen supply to the brain. A gunshot to the heart will cause anoxic brain injuries due to the heart not being able to adequately supply oxygen to the brain and thus will eventually lead to death.

Bisection kills in minutes, that is Low-Mid. Meanwhile President Lincoln lingered for hours following his headshot, a supposed Mid injury, even though one was because blood supply was not sufficient to the brain and the other was immediate damage to the brain.

Dante survived a head injury that is very much survivable, what is critical in the matter of survival is the damage done primarily to the stem, which from where Dante was shot it isn't likely he suffered any damage to it.

This is why shots through the mouth are most fatal, as the angle provides direct access to the stem with nothing else to shield it.

I don't think you're understanding that in order for someone to regenerate from a headshot vs shot to the heart, the regen needs to be beyond the need of a brain for it to even happen.The point isn't wether or not survival is possible, it's wether or not a regen can heal the brain after it's been damaged, shutdown, non responsive or makes the body uncontrollable which a bullet can cause. Dante's injury being survivable isn't the point and even if it was ,without regen or a doctor no normal person would survive that.Once again until the definition of Mid regen gets further explained down the line there is no reason to assume the damage needs be as severe as you're thinking in order for it to qualify.

And no a bisection doesn't necessarily kill in minutes, I can tell you horror stories about unfortunate souls living days without their bottem half, not that that even matters.

I mean, that doesn't really change anything. There are varying levels of regen even within it's tier after all. Dante's going to have Mid for being able to regenerate from brain damage, but a decapitation(which is still Mid) would kill him.

The blood loss from a bisection would certainly lead to death within minutes, it's a matter of immediate help received.

A brain constitutes as an organ no different from the heart, hence why my comparison keeps coming back to the stem being the important factor here as it is a matter of severing the brain from everything else to make it unresponsive, which requires a bullet to a specific area and one not so general as the forehead. Dante's injury did not go beyond the need for a brain.

Of course nobody would survive either without help, but my comparison to the bisection and Lincoln's injury demonstrates that something that we consider less impressive would kill far sooner than what we consider more impressive.

Of course we'd need medical assistance, but even doctor's back in 1848 were able to treat Phineas Gage of his injury which was much more drastic and harmful than Dante's. He survived but at the cost of sight in his left eye, but was otherwise functioning and deemed fit enough to return to work on his own volition.

This is why I keep bringing up the comparison to decapitation, the severe damage must have something to do with the stem as to create the need for the regen to be beyond the brain as you yourself stated, it needs to be beyond it. What is displayed here does not cut it.

Dienomite22 said:
And this would definitely qualify as damage to the stem with his head,neck and mouth going directly through the hilt.
That was certainly not the intention they were going for with that at all as for head damage to have even happened to begin with it would have been because Dante manually caused it, also, blood spurts from his chest rather than anything else for the whole scene, so it's likely just something graphic related.

Read responses before your posts not just the clip.

And the clip can be argued to show Dante recovering from stem damage just like the bone strength through catching a bullet being argued.But besides that:

The case I'm talking about involving bisection involved no medical attention or help.

Also Phineas Gage never recovered back to 100% and his personality changed drastically which is what I've been saying repeatedly happens in these type of cases.

Dienomite22 said:
Read responses before your posts not just the clip.

And the clip can be argued to show Dante recovering from stem damage just like the bone strength through catching a bullet being argued.But besides that:

The case I'm talking about involving bisection involved no medical attention or help.

Also Phineas Gage never recovered back to 100% and his personality changed drastically which is what I've been saying repeatedly happens in these type of cases.
The responses above did not provide insight on why damage to the brain damage displayed was different enough to qualify a change of tiering, heart damage again can lead to brain damage indirectly, and to quote yourself again:

"the regen needs to be beyond the need of a brain for it to even happen"

Which clip? The first one definitely not, as the bullet's trajectory would not line up with what would have lead to stem damage, the bullet simply did not travel in a spot that would harm the stem.

I would need a citation regarding that case then.

"A report of Gage's physical and mental condition shortly before his death implies that his most serious mental changes were temporary, so that in later life he was far more functional, and socially far better adapted, than in the years immediately following his accident."

"the regen needs to be beyond the need of a brain for it to even happen" As in the brain not functioning properly not non existing altogether, like if regen is tied to the brain being undamaged then if that brain were to be damaged it should screw with the healing.Heart damage may lead to indirect brain damage but we are talking about direct trauma to the brain and nothing indirect.

The clip refers to Dante going through the hilt, which can be argued to be a mid Regenerationn feat just like you said the shot to Dante's head and him catching the bullet with his teeth can be an argument for durability for Dante.

"A report of Gage's physical and mental condition shortly before his death implies that his most serious mental changes were temporary, so that in later life he was far more functional, and socially far better adapted, than in the years immediately following his accident."

".....most serious mental changes were temporary...."

Most, not all.Doesn't disprove my points whatsoever.

You would have to show me evidence of his regen stemming from his brain then, which we have no evidence for. All we know is that extensive damage to their bodies and their stamina effects their Regenerationn.

Which I then forward you to people dying faster from bisection as opposed to Lincoln lingering for ours based on Dr. Taft's report.

Dante going through the hilt and blood not spewing from his face is a sign that the display of that was not deliberate otherwise they would have shown that rather than it be him sliding out from a chest wound. The bullet feat was deliberately shown as a feat for his durability and speed. One was a mistake, the other was not. Apples and oranges.

They were still temporary, as in he showed signs of natural recovery.

You still don't get what I'm saying regarding this point so I'm just dropping it.

No, you can literally see the blood spurting out beyond the chest area with it spurting out of areas like his neck and the back of his head.We know Dante can easily survive chest stabs when Trish stabbed him literally during the prologue of the game so their was no point in the stab happening again unless they wanted to get something out of it.The bullet feat is obviously not a durabilty feat otherwise the bullet would never have pierced in the first place and logically their wouldn't be a need to catch the bullet with his mouth if the feat was meant to imply durability.Don't think I'm seriously arguing this, it's just to show the ridiculousness of both interpretations of these feats.

Sure but not all were temporary, which is my point.Drop this.

Directionally it all coming from the chest and back as that as where the wound was, the graphical issues along with the fact it was clearly not their intention to make Dante hurt himself more by shoving his face through the hilt. This is a silly argument. Drop it.

That doesn't matter as he had recovered from the major ones naturally as a basis that it is clearly possible. Gabby Giffords' injury had left her with no drastic mental change and she had suffered a gunshot to the head.

Phineas' injury was much more severe compared to a person that can already regenerate nerve damage and limbs. Pieces of his brain were falling out in process of him giving his statement.

I will not.

Just as saying Dante getting shot and catching a bullet with his teeth were meant to be a durability feat for is equally silly, gladly drop an argument that wasn't meant to be one.

You can continue arguing about the Phineas stuff and all with yourself because that's what your doing since my argument was just that a person being shot in the head will not bounce back 100% from it,which you posted instances that agree with it.My argument isn't that healing isn't possible or normal life isn't possible after getting shot in the head and it never was.

Except you were trying to make it so at least you agree it was silly.

And my point is that there is evidence of recovery and no such need for Regenerationn for that kind of damage that warrants it being any different from regular organ damage. I even provided you an example about a congresswoman surviving a gunshot with not mental drawbacks at all despite the injury being within the same territory.

My argument has always been that surviving the kind of trauma Dante did is not clause for Mid Regenerationn and you have failed to prove otherwise.

Yea to point out the fault with your bone argument.

"my point is that there is evidence of recovery and no such need for Regenerationn" When did I imply or argued otherwise?And Gabby Giffords can't even fully control her right arm and her whole face and she has some speaking problems as far as I know so that isn't a good example either.

Your argument is invalid to began with because you're adding your own explainations for the definition of mid regen.

Except my argument made valid sense whereas yours relied on unintentional clipping?

Another example here about a man suffering a gunshot to the head, claiming he suffered from no real problems.

I expanded on it based on what was already presented based on logic and you even agreed that it needed further explanation, stop backpedalling.

Relying on real life bones hardness to dictate what happens in a videogame cutscene isn't anymore valid no matter how you slice it.

I'm not gonna respond to your limitless examples so stop linking them and the guy doesn't even go into detail about it.Him saying he has "no real problems" could still indicate their is something more but even then there is too little info to get anything out of this.

Not backpedaling, you making your own explanations isn't what I want, someone like a mod or a collective agreement coming to a conclusion is what I want.

Then what makes it any more valid as to suggest his brain is human and the damage was at all severe since we are throwing logic out the window it seems?

She clarified if he had any speech problems and had to go through physical therapy and his response was "I did a certain amount of exercise, but no more than anyone would do coming out of a hospital who hadn't done exercise for a while.".

You reverted back to the point of me expanding on more than what the definition was which was unnecessary as it was not what was labelled, that would be backpedaling.

Then we can agree to disagree until then.

I don't know, ask someone who made that argument.

I know I've seen that.

Because this is literally what you said "My argument has always been that surviving the kind of trauma Dante did is not clause for Mid Regenerationn..." which naturally leads back to the point you are adding your own definition to mid Regenerationn and the definition doesn't even require what you think it does and until it gets expanded on by a mod,discussion or revision I will not agree with your proposal.

Down with that.

I was not making my own definition, I made a comparison to what "severe brain damage" is being associated with in terms of tiering and how the damage displayed did not show it at all. This was based on the fact that the definition of severe brain damage needed to be expanded upon which you agreed to.

That's all.

Look, the issue here is that the brain is a much more complicated organ to regenerate, which is why healing severe damage to it is rated so high.

We also cannot suddenly change our standards regarding this, so Mid Regenerationn should be fine to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back