• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew generally has good logic and common sense, and has apparently tried to be more polite and helpful recently.

I'm not sure what you mean. Like, is it illegitimate because it's unnecessary? It shouldn't be considered under the rules? It's just a plain bad idea? I'm just not sure what "not legitimate" would mean here.

We preferably need a staff discussion for revising our standards a bit.

Most of what you would use to "composite" Dante is non-canon to DMC. Compare with Link, where most zelda games are set in the same canon universe.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Most of what you would use to "composite" Dante is non-canon to DMC. Compare with Link, where most zelda games are set in the same canon universe.
Brother, it makes about 7 profiles (some I have commented) that ignores the rules. That link is necessary, does not mean that others do and do not.

After this they are a CRT of why nightmare has mid godly and dante and mundus has a negative attitude to this. And At least you can use Dante composite for fun and games since there are vs with composite characters?

I actually think it's better to just change the rules on what is needed for composites and delete a couple of them, because otherwise, there's no problem with Composite Dante that other composites don't have.

ZephyrosOmega said:
I don't mind composite profiles and I don't think Dante needs a compsite profile but I don't think the basis of a composite profile should be because there are different canon interations of a character since the composite profile is still non-canon at the end of the day and thus technically invalid. Not that I mind the existence of such profiles in the first place.

Initially this was to hang out as the op says we didn't necessarily have to create it and so I put it in fun and games but it got out of control and at least it can be used for fun and games there are struggles with composite vs. non-composite or composite vs composite characters and it doesn't add what profiles get my attentio

Ionliosite said:
I actually think it's better to just change the rules on what is needed for composites and delete a couple of them, because otherwise, there's no problem with Composite Dante that other composites don't have.
This

@Kepekley23

I would appreciate if you would be willing to start a staff discussion regarding this issue.

I would still greatly appreciate if somebody in the staff could start a doscussion thread.

Apex PredatorX said:
I'm fond of Link (Composite)
and? ...

No, in really, this can be a very big problem if the rules remain the same, Dante has every right in the world to have a composite profile and if not we will have to delete a number of composite profiles ... I wonder if the profile from Doctor would it be affected in anything?

m8, hablas espa├▒ol?

There have been many discussions in the past and profiles like Link (composite), Mewtwo, CH (I know there is a big revision going on), mickey, etc. have survived them and are still there so I very much doubt they will be deleted.

My opinion on composite profiles is, pretty much any character should be able to have a composite profile, unless they didn't start out with a canon (like how Fairytale characters don't really have a canon and anyone can write a story about it)

Apex PredatorX said:
Oliver Bro you can keep it yes
ok, but I would like to hear it from someone as an ant would feel more agreeable, but that is enough and that means now we can do vs with composite dante in fun and games

I wonder if the profile from Doctor would it be affected in anything?

The Doctor's profile is one of the composite profiles that SHOULD BE composite, or it would be messed up if seperate the 14 incarnations of the same person in the same universe to a different profiles.

Many Godzilla incarnations are not here, he has not only 14 incarnations but literally over a hundred of incarnations spawned by different kind of media.

A lot of those incarnations will never have a profile, but their abilities can be used on a Composite profile, that is why G has a lot of hax. Best part there are many G incarnations out there with special abilities that need to be added to the profile.

Yet there are people who or don't know what a composite profile is or just want to bother others with stupid comments. lol

Apex PredatorX said:
Many Godzilla incarnations are not here, he has not only 14 incarnations but literally over a hundred of incarnations spawned by different kind of media.
A lot of those incarnations will never have a profile, but their abilities can be used on a Composite profile, that is why G has a lot of hax. Best part there are many G incarnations out there with special abilities that need to be added to the profile.

Yet there are people who or don't know what a composite profile is or just want to f&&& others with stupid comments. lol
Read carefully before offended someone with F word, the character with 14 incarnations I mentioned is the Doctor, not Godzilla.

Antvasima said:
I would still greatly appreciate if somebody in the staff could start a discussion thread.
Someone in the staff should probably listen to Ant about this. He does have a point here, this is definitely a staff discussion topic.

I'm not staff, obviously, but if there isn't anyone available to make the thread then I'll handle it and try and get staff members to contribute.

@DarkGrath

Thank you for helping out. You can ask some administrators to comment here if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back