• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante Alighieri buff

So in Dante's Inferno we hear Virgil, and Lucifer himself talk about how he's a threat to the universe as a whole. And not just earth but Purgatory and Heaven. So shouldn't he be High 3-A at least? Or Low 2-C since Lucifer is a threat to 3 different planes of existence and the game even says that Dante was equal to Lucifer (my evidence is the achievement you get, called Lucifer's Match).

Edit: I was either wrong or couldn't find Virgil saying it. But:

5:00 Virgil says the center of the universe is the seat of the devil

21:10 Lucifer says "Soon we shall all witness the end of the universe." And during 24:20 I could argue he could he slightly higher tier with the souls of the absolved

Last edited:
I think the statement is also that Lucifer would throw the universe into chaos
I want to revise Dante but looking at the feats these seem hyperbolic and really you could prolly get away with them being a "likely far higher" at most

I think the statement is also that Lucifer would throw the universe into chaos
I want to revise Dante but looking at the feats these seem hyperbolic and really you could prolly get away with them being a "likely far higher" at most
I mean, what reason do we have to assume it's hyperbolic? We don't see it happen because Dante stopped him. That doesn't mean we don't know if it's true. There are many characters who are at such a high tier that we never see pull off a feat of that level i.e Goku destroying a universe. We never see him do it but he is at or above that level.

Can we get some proof of this?
Okay so I'm wrong about Virgil saying it, that or I couldn't find it. But

5:00 Virgil says the center of the universe is the seat of the devil
21:10 Lucifer says "Soon we shall all witness the end of the universe." When he's about to escape. And during 24:20 I could argue Dante could he slightly higher tier with the souls of the absolved

Because every other feat is magnitudes lower then what you propose here
I believe the very next best feat is 8-B from Dante who is outright Lucifer's rival in strength though you could argue higher based off the giant enemies like Cerberus and the one fiery boi from Styx

EDIT: Nearly forgot, Lucifer doesn't want to actually annihilate the universe since everything else refers to him conquering/ruling the three Kingdoms of the Afterlife (Hell, Purgatory and Paradise)

Because every other feat is magnitudes lower then what you propose here
I believe the very next best feat is 8-B from Dante who is outright Lucifer's rival in strength though you could argue higher based off the giant enemies like Cerberus and the one fiery boi from Styx
Almost all of the feats we get are based on gameplay purposes. I also think defeating Death would probably be a pretty high level feat as well. Since he's reaped countless souls. But going by the last cutscene with him matching/defeating Lucifer, who was going to destroy the universe I'd say that's a pretty high level feat. Of course in gamelan the player isn't going to be that strong. It wouldn't be fun to one shot most enemies.

Almost all of the feats we get are based on gameplay purposes.
No many of them are just outright scripted or lore based
I also think defeating Death would probably be a pretty high level feat as well. Since he's reaped countless souls.
Death doesn't really have any feats tho
At most he'd have some Reality Warping but even that is kinda arguable
But going by the last cutscene with him matching/defeating Lucifer, who was going to destroy the universe I'd say that's a pretty high level feat.
Once again Lucifer's plan isn't to destroy the universe, it's to usurp command over it from God
If anything "the end of the universe" is a flamboyant reference to Lucy ending God's vision or rule of creation
Of course in gamelan the player isn't going to be that strong. It wouldn't be fun to one shot most enemies.
This isn't remotely an argument relevant here

No many of them are just outright scripted or lore based

Death doesn't really have any feats tho
At most he'd have some Reality Warping but even that is kinda arguable

Once again Lucifer's plan isn't to destroy the universe, it's to usurp command over it from God
If anything "the end of the universe" is a flamboyant reference to Lucy ending God's vision or rule of creation

This isn't remotely an argument relevant here
I mean yea. Death has reality warping but he also does have the feat of reaping countless souls throughout thousands of years of humans dying. And during the fight he literally warps the reality of the stage around you. I could argue that qtes are still gameplay because it requires the player to do it, not Dante himself. But I'd say that Lucifer overthrowing God means he should be as powerful as him. Who created 4 Realms, Paradise, Purgatory, Hell, and The Human Universe out of nothing.

I mean yea. Death has reality warping but he also does have the feat of reaping countless souls throughout thousands of years of humans dying.
Not AP, that's hax and clearly not great since DANTE DOES HIM IN
And during the fight he literally warps the reality of the stage around you. I could argue that qtes are still gameplay because it requires the player to do it, not Dante himself.
They're cinematic, scripted events intended a certain way so I don't think it's fair to call them gameplay at all
Is a cutscene gameplay?
But I'd say that Lucifer overthrowing God means he should be as powerful as him. Who created 4 Realms, Paradise, Purgatory, Hell, and The Human Universe out of nothing.
1) Lucifer is incredibly arrogant and may well not be able to. You could argue this based on traditional beiefs being Satan operates within what God allows but that's a whole thing
2) We have no idea if the creation scales linearly
3) We have no timeframe or size for the Realms
4) Hell clearly exists within Earth, we physically ravel there and Vergil describes the final circle as the center of the World

Not AP, that's hax and clearly not great since DANTE DOES HIM IN

They're cinematic, scripted events intended a certain way so I don't think it's fair to call them gameplay at all
Is a cutscene gameplay?

1) Lucifer is incredibly arrogant and may well not be able to. You could argue this based on traditional beiefs being Satan operates within what God allows but that's a whole thing
2) We have no idea if the creation scales linearly
3) We have no timeframe or size for the Realms
4) Hell clearly exists within Earth, we physically ravel there and Vergil describes the final circle as the center of the World
Dante doing Death in doesn't lower Death, it raises Dante up.

You usually can't fail scripted events so I'd say they shouldn't be used as a limiter since in the last cutscene we see Dante do something even more impressive.

1) If Lucifer was so much weaker than God than wouldn't God have just stepped in. Or just prevented Dante from proceeding forward and letting him out?
2) The Bible says 6 days is what it took to make the universe.
3) I could argue that the size of the Realms are infinite because there's always space for the newly dead.
4) I'd argue the "Hell being on earth." Isn't true. From the moment that Dante was stabbed in the back he was dead. He was no longer truly on Earth. And the ground splitting open was Lucifer's own reality warping. That's why there were suddenly those demon grunts when he got to his home and saw Beatrice dead. Lucifer would need to have been free for there to have been demons on Earth.

Back