• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
We've had a bunch of fights about Danny fighting people way stronger than him, so how about a fight against someone way weaker than him but is still a massive threat?

We're using Danny's first key here, Speed is Equalized and the fight takes place in the Judgement Hall. Have fun with this one LordGriffon.

Danny Phantom :

Sans :

Incon: 6

Last edited:
This is... different, to say the least. Usually I'd do some state comparisons but that's not needed since Danny has much higher stats but obviously this is going to come down to abilities. As with most matches I participate in, I'll go into detail below on my thoughts.

Sans Advantage's/Win Conditions

Sans is completely outmatched in the statistics department so this is going to come down to how his abilities stack up against someone like Danny. He has Non-Physical Interaction that allows him to harm ghosts so this allows him to bypass Danny's Intangibility and while Sans lacks the overall power to harm Danny, I see other things that might do the trick such as his Blue Mode. This essentially gives a soul "gravity" so while DP ghosts are resistant to gravity when they chose to be, Sans if giving Danny gravity so he'll be able to fling him around until Danny muscles through it.

KARMA acts as poison to the soul so while Sans hits seemingly won't do much at all, it's damaging Danny in a way he doesn't resist. Teleportation is also a factor which can allow Sans to avoid or close the distance between him/his attacks and Danny, plus his Instinctive Action will also help him dodge. Sans is also smarter than Danny though to how much this can be exploited due to the difference, I'm not to sure.

Danny's Advantage's/Win Conditions

Danny's got the statistics advantage (minus speed since it's equalized) and can easily one shot and tank the blunt of Sans attacks without issue (with the exception of the KARMA effect which is like poison to the soul) since ghosts in Danny Phantom can harm each other in their natural state and can effect the spirit.

Though several of his abilities like intangibility are basically useless and since Sans attacks are large, I don't think body control is useful, Danny still has shields which can block on-coming attacks. Danny also has better stamina which I think is an important factor, and he has the range andvatage with his energy attacks, although Sans can still avoid these if the distance is to large. Invisibility could be a solid method to land a blow since Sans doesn't seem to have any solid counter for this.

My Vote

I'm going to say it's inconclusive.

When you look at it, Sans may be far weaker, but he possesses the necessary abilities that help him avoid Danny's attacks and allows him to effect Danny in the long term. He holds the intelligence advantage and could lead to Danny to wasting too much energy. Especially since he can teleport Danny as well.

Meanwhile, Danny has the ability to one shot and tank the basic blut of what Sans can due but has no real way to land a solid hit unless he uses his invisibility but he doesn't spam it (Not saying he won't). But with his stamina (in season 1) he can outlast Sans if he tries to hard to keep Danny at bay.

It's a long turn game of who outlasts the other and I could see it going either way and if we apply Sans no turn taking ability it would be worse.

Danny's got the statistics advantage (minus speed since it's equalized) and can easily one shot and tank the blunt of Sans attacks without issue (with the exception of the KARMA effect which is like poison to the soul) since ghosts in Danny Phantom can harm each other in their natural state and can effect the spirit.

Though several of his abilities like intangibility are basically useless and since Sans attacks are large, I don't think body control is useful, Danny still has shields which can block on-coming attacks. Danny also has better stamina which I think is an important factor, and he has the range andvatage with his energy attacks, although Sans can still avoid these if the distance is to large. Invisibility could be a solid method to land a blow since Sans doesn't seem to have any solid counter for this.
Danny here doesn't seem to resist soul manipulation, so im unsure if he can actually tank sans' attacks very well, considering sans can dura neg people without souls. (and kill them pretty swiftly)

Are shields really going to help here? sans bypasses invulnerability frames that are soul based, so im pretty sure his attacks are going to fly through the forcefields.

Sans has instinctive reaction from dodging in his sleep, so he can counter invisibility with that.

other than that, dub of a breakdown.

Danny here doesn't seem to resist soul manipulation, so im unsure if he can actually tank sans' attacks very well, considering sans can dura neg people without souls. (and kill them pretty swiftly)

Are shields really going to help here? sans bypasses invulnerability frames that are soul based, so im pretty sure his attacks are going to fly through the forcefields.

Sans has instinctive reaction from dodging in his sleep, so he can counter invisibility with that.

other than that, dub of a breakdown.
Ghosts are all spirits who can interact with each other and effect the soul so yes, Danny can tank Sans attacks, but we don't give a ghost resistance to soul manipulation for tanking attacks from other ghosts for some reason so it's just not listed, it's like giving a human resistance to biological manipulation for surviving a punch from another human. Plus, Danny's Reactive Evolution works with his resistances so he can evolve to withstand the attacks better if need be.

Also, Danny's ecto shields can block other ectoplasmic attacks which are intangibile and can also hit spirits so he should be capable of blocking Sans attacks i think, if not then i guess they don't help.

I'd argue if the attack isn't visible, the body wouldn't recognize the danger and avoid it but that's my opinion since I've seen weird instinctive actions before. However invisibility can still be used so Sans can't see Danny which will make it hard for him to hit Danny, so it's still helpful.

Last edited:
I'd argue if the attack isn't visible, the body wouldn't recognize the danger and avoid it but that's my opinion since I've seen weird instinctive actions before. However invisibility can still be used so Sans can't see Danny which will make it hard for him to hit Danny, so it's still helpful.
I mean, the guy dodged an attack while in a 'deep sleep' thanks to his instinctive reaction, so he likely didn't see the attack coming. He can likely dodge his invisible attacks.
Also, Danny's ecto shields can block other ectoplasmic attacks which are intangibile and can also hit spirits so he should be capable of blocking Sans attacks i think, if not then i guess they don't help.
Which type of intangibility do we give to ectoplasm attacks? If it's elemental intagibility the one the shield is tanking, then the shield would be useless, but if it's immaterial intagibility, then they'd work.

I mean, the guy dodged an attack while in a 'deep sleep' thanks to his instinctive reaction, so he likely didn't see the attack coming. He can likely dodge his invisible attacks.
Fair enough.
Which type of intangibility do we give to ectoplasm attacks? If it's elemental intagibility the one the shield is tanking, then the shield would be useless, but if it's immaterial intagibility, then they'd work.
Both technically. Ectoplasmic attacks can be elemental if the ghosts decides to use in in that way but by default it's the later as said attacks have shown capable of phasing through solid objects and effecting ghosts even when completely intangible or in their natural state.

Both technically. Ectoplasmic attacks can be elemental if the ghosts decides to use in in that way but by default it's the later as said attacks have shown capable of phasing through solid objects and effecting ghosts even when completely intangible or in their natural state.
Makes sense then.

Okay, so to sum up:
Sans' wincons:
-speed is equalized, so sans has the opportunity to easily dodge Danny's attacks with his Instintic action.
-Sans can ignore durability with his attacks and Karma.
-Sans' attacks can damage ghosts
-Sans can teleport himself, others, and his attacks, making him able to evade normally unavoidable attacks while putting Danny in the way of danger.
-Gravity manip can help him keep Danny at bay
-more intelligent than Danny
Danny's wincons (don't know much about him, just listing what I saw):
-Better in the stat appartment, besides intelligence:
•Can outlast Sans with his superhuman stamina
•Can outrange Sans
•althought the other stats are good to have, the stats that matter the most against sans are, and in order, speed, which is equalized, stamina and range, in which Danny has advantage, and intelligence, in which sans has the advantage. As sans' attacks ignore durability and his defense is 10-B, The other don't don't really matter that much, as a 9-C can already oneshot him.
-Forcefield can block Sans' atacks
- Can make himself invisble, making it hard for Sans to aim at him.
-Can go through walls
-Can posses sans (I think)

What do you guys think?

elaborating on sans' instinctive actions, not only did he dodge an attack while asleep, he did it seemingly casually and while the person who attacked him shouldnt have been able to move (it was sans' turn and he knows about undertales battle mechanics, thats why he went to sleep)

Okay, so to sum up:
Sans' wincons:
-speed is equalized, so sans has the opportunity to easily dodge Danny's attacks with his Instintic action.
-Sans can ignore durability with his attacks and Karma.
-Sans' attacks can damage ghosts
-Sans can teleport himself, others, and his attacks, making him able to evade normally unavoidable attacks while putting Danny in the way of danger.
-Gravity manip can help him keep Danny at bay
-more intelligent than Danny
Danny's wincons (don't know much about him, just listing what I saw):
-Better in the stat appartment, besides intelligence:
•Can outlast Sans with his superhuman stamina
•Can outrange Sans
•althought the other stats are good to have, the stats that matter the most against sans are, and in order, speed, which is equalized, stamina and range, in which Danny has advantage, and intelligence, in which sans has the advantage. As sans' attacks ignore durability and his defense is 10-B, The other don't don't really matter that much, as a 9-C can already oneshot him.
-Forcefield can block Sans' atacks
- Can make himself invisble, making it hard for Sans to aim at him.
-Can go through walls
-Can posses sans (I think)

What do you guys think?
That's pretty much it I think.

I am leaning over for sans because of the fact that he can dodge attacks even when he is asleep but I guess incon for now

and tank the blunt of Sans attacks without issue
Sans' soul attacks are explicitly the kind that sidestep a souls 'raw power'. Undertale is very game mechanics reliant, and in that framework - all attacks do at least 1 HP of damage, even if it's the absolute weakest individual attacking someone with the best equipment in the game.
There's an invincibility grace period for the player when they're hit. Sans removes that grace period (unless you use equipment that increases it), dealing damage per frame rather than once upon hit.

As the profile puts it, "the damage quickly racks up from remaining in contact with them, allowing this relatively weak opponent a way of bypassing the defenses of superior foes."

I'll still vote incon, I'm just saying that Sans specifically counters the kind of "resistance" Danny has.

Sans' soul attacks are explicitly the kind that sidestep a souls 'raw power'. Undertale is very game mechanics reliant, and in that framework - all attacks do at least 1 HP of damage, even if it's the absolute weakest individual attacking someone with the best equipment in the game.
There's an invincibility grace period for the player when they're hit. Sans removes that grace period (unless you use equipment that increases it), dealing damage per frame rather than once upon hit.

As the profile puts it, "the damage quickly racks up from remaining in contact with them, allowing this relatively weak opponent a way of bypassing the defenses of superior foes."

I'll still vote incon, I'm just saying that Sans specifically counters the kind of "resistance" Danny has.
I see, alright then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back