• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
A Danny Phantom vs RWBY match... I wanted it to be Dan but that's not happening.

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Season 1/8-A Danny vs Salem
  • Standard Battle Assumptions for everything else.

Danny Phantom:

Salem:

Inconclusive:

Danny_render.gif
Salemrender5.png

What can Danny do about her types of immortality and Low-Godly regen?
Ghosts can destroy the mind and soul with their attacks, Salem's immortality/regeneration just allows her soul to not go to the afterlife and regenerate from all physical damage going off her profile. But Danny's attacking/destroying the mind and soul with his ectoplasmic attacks so he can bypass it since he's not sending it to the afterlife but attacking it.

Ghosts can destroy the mind and soul with their attacks, Salem's immortality/regeneration just allows her soul to not go to the afterlife and regenerate from all physical damage going off her profile. But Danny's attacking/destroying the mind and soul with his ectoplasmic attacks so he can bypass it since he's not sending it to the afterlife but attacking it.
Wouldnt work, Grimm as creatures absorb and destroy souls just by being in contact with them. Salem threw herself into the Grimm Pools in the Land of Darkness, the source of all Grimm and the pure essence of Grimm, and her soul was just ine.

Wouldnt work, Grimm as creatures absorb and destroy souls just by being in contact with them. Salem threw herself into the Grimm Pools in the Land of Darkness, the source of all Grimm, and her soul was just ine.
Looks like resistance to soul manipulation could work

also seems like high godly regen negation is needed/conceptual destruction

Looking at the profiles Salem has greater LS than Danny. So she'd be able to pin him with Telekinesis or summoning Shadow Hands.

Last edited:
Wouldnt work, Grimm as creatures absorb and destroy souls just by being in contact with them. Salem threw herself into the Grimm Pools in the Land of Darkness, the source of all Grimm and the pure essence of Grimm, and her soul was just ine.
Not on her profile so it's not valid until added unless you got scans. Not only that it wouldn't save her from the mind destruction, and even if she had resistance to both, Danny's potency is 4-D so she's still getting destroy unless you have evidence of 4-D soul/mind resistance for her?

Edit: Looking at some Grimm profiles, I see no soul absorption or destruction so either what your saying is false or it has yet to be added? If it's the latter, please make a thread.

Looking at the profiles Salem has greater LS than Danny. So she'd be able to pin him with Telekinesis or summoning Shadow Hands.
He has his intangibilities so he can escape.

Not on her profile so it's not valid until added unless you got scans. Not only that it wouldn't save her from the mind destruction, and even if she had resistance to both, Danny's potency is 4-D so she's still getting destroy unless you have evidence of 4-D soul/mind resistance for her?

Edit: Looking at some Grimm profiles, I see no soul absorption or destruction so either what your saying is false or it has yet to be added? If it's the latter, please make a thread.
Ye, already brought i up on the discussion thread and its being made as we speak
He has his intangibilities so he can escape.
Intangibility lets you escape telekinesis?

Ye, already brought i up on the discussion thread and its being made as we speak
Ok.
Intangibility lets you escape telekinesis?
TK grabs an object... Danny isn't physical when he activated his intangibilities.

Well I’m not knowledgeable on Danny Phantom so I’ve got questions. Can he attack while intangible, or does he have to become solid to attack?
If he's in his true state intangibility, no. But if he's in his power based intangibility, then yes. He uses the second more than the first.

If he's in his true state intangibility, no. But if he's in his power based intangibility, then yes. He uses the second more than the first.
In that case I’m not seeing anyway for Salem to win. He can just stay intangible and fire away and apparently his attacks can destroy her soul.

Even when the person with TK also has NPI
If she has the right NPI then it can hold him. Danny has two types of intangibility tho so it depends.

In that case I’m not seeing anyway for Salem to win. He can just stay intangible and fire away and apparently his attacks can destroy her soul.
Danny doesn't always play the range game, nor does he spam intangibility, sure he'd use it to get out of her hold but if he decides to hold it the whole fight then he'd be constebtly wasting energy which will eventually run out his stamina and then. From what I can see, Salem can outlast by potentially get Danny to run out of energy and revert to his human self, while Danny can bypass her immortality/regeneration with ectoplasmic energy attacks.

I'll probably write up my thoughts as a whole like I usually do but if enough people think it's a mismatch, I'll close it.

Danny doesn't always play the range game, nor does he spam intangibility, sure he'd use it to get out of her hold but if he decides to hold it the whole fight then he'd be constebtly wasting energy which will eventually run out his stamina and then. From what I can see, Salem can outlast by potentially get Danny to run out of energy and revert to his human self, while Danny can bypass her immortality/regeneration with ectoplasmic energy attacks.

Ah. Didn’t know he could run out. Didn’t see it on the weakness section so I thought it was something he could do indefinitely. How long can he stay in his form before reverting? And how long does it take for him to regain enough energy to turn back?

Ah. Didn’t know he could run out. Didn’t see it on the weakness section so I thought it was something he could do indefinitely. How long can he stay in his form before reverting? And how long does it take for him to regain enough energy to turn back?
He's superior to Jazz, who fought ghosts for most of the day, and is capable of chasing/fighting for the night so I'd say a few hours at max but if he's consistently using his powers non stop I'd say a about half an our, maybe 10 minutes. I say this because in season 1 while he can stay active for some time, he will suffer if he takes actual damage and spreads his powers to others, and if he runs out, it will be for a few hours at minimum, unconscious.

If she has the right NPI then it can hold him. Danny has two types of intangibility tho so it depends.

She can affect both Elemental and Immaterial intangibility so

She can affect both Elemental and Immaterial intangibility so
That's not enough. You need to prove the element she can harm is ectoplasm otherwise she won't harm Danny. For example harming a being made of lighting doesn't mean you can harm a being made of ectoplasm. Same thing goes for immaterial.

In Danny Phantom ghosts case, while in the human world, they make bodies that are tangible but made of ectoplasm so they can't be naturally harmed unless it's by something that can harm solid ectoplasm, in their true state, they are considered like spirits and passively phase through the real world and it's contents, and finally, they have the power to turn their physical forms intangible which is completely different from their true state.

So Salem would need have scans of these type of Non-Physical Interaction to be able to interact with Danny in these states, so until you provide them, she can't.

That's not enough. You need to prove the element she can harm is ectoplasm otherwise she won't harm Danny. For example harming a being made of lighting doesn't mean you can harm a being made of ectoplasm. Same thing goes for immaterial.

In Danny Phantom ghosts case, while in the human world, they make bodies that are tangible but made of ectoplasm so they can't be naturally harmed unless it's by something that can harm solid ectoplasm, in their true state, they are considered like spirits and passively phase through the real world and it's contents, and finally, they have the power to turn their physical forms intangible which is completely different from their true state.

So Salem would need have scans of these type of Non-Physical Interaction to be able to interact with Danny in these states, so until you provide them, she can't.
What element is ectoplasm exactly?

Sale can affect intangible and incorporeal beings as well as elementally intangible clouds of scattered molecules

What element is ectoplasm exactly?
The ectoplasm their bodies are made of is just tangible ectoplasm (a goo like substance), it's not water, ice, lightning or ice. It's constructed from their ectoplasmic energy, and if you can harm the soul, you can harm that body.
Sale can affect intangible and incorporeal beings as well as elementally intangible clouds of scattered molecules
That still didn't answer my question... saying she can harm intangible, incorporeal, and element intangible beings is vague without context because their are different forms of intangibility.

And without this being on her page with descriptions, it can't be used for debaing. So given I'm not going to do this circle nonsense, I'll close this thread and wait for whenever the thread is made regarding her NPI and it's types because until then, she isn't effecting him based on word alone.

I wish y'all luck on revisions while I try and find a character who's profile isn't missing important stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back