• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iapitus The Impaler said:
also, is Mob missing any more abilities? I think that one abstract entity that Mob fought definitely needs a profile
If Mob is missing any abilities that's my bad, I updated his profile after reading through the whole manga, and most of the stuff there has scans linked to it. If needed I can provide scans for any of the abilities on there. If I missed any throw up the scan and I'll correct it.

Abstract Entity? What do you mean?

Incon - 6 (Griffin, Litentric, Dragon, Torlikoff, Phoenix, Iapitus)

The Broccoli God is just another spirit, albiet a very powerful one made with the energy of the city's cult worship of it and Touichirou's self-destruction attack; and Mob doesn't really fight it as much as he yeets out while Dimple sacrifices himself.

Incon - 7 (Griffin, Litentric, Dragon, Torlikoff, Phoenix, Iapitus, DaBigP)

Grace begins.

I was referring to the urban legend born from human fears. The one that can only be effected properly if you don't know about it iirc. She has some level of abstract existence or conceptual embodiment

I read through the chapter, and I think it's just a very powerful evil spirit rather than an abstract being. It just derives power from fear and absorbs attacks from people who have heard of/feared her legend. It's stated that she's a "symbol of fear", although that was more just reffering to her noteriety as an urban legend.

I am working off of the anime, so maybe they added content that was not in the manga.

The anime makes it clear she doesn't even technically exist or not exist. She is born from imagination alone. What she looks like and what her powers are are all decided by people's views on her

https://youtu.be/dHoAy7yEZIY

Yeah, the whole "real or fake" bit wasn't in the manga. She's just described an evil spirit who derives power from and is shaped by the people's fear and perception of her.

Even then I don't think the anime was talking about her "existing" as much as it was talking about taking pictures of her and "classifying" her; as she's supposed to be something whose form is subject to the people spreading rumors of her.

Maybe an anime and manga keys would be necessary, since she is obviously a different beast in the anime vs the manga. Do they also have the bit where she absorbs the abilities of anyone who knows about her and cannot he properly effected unless you do not know what makes her scary?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Maybe an anime and manga keys would be necessary, since she is obviously a different beast in the anime vs the manga. Do they also have the bit where she absorbs the abilities of anyone who knows about her and cannot he properly effected unless you do not know what makes her scary?
I don't think the presentation is different, it's just one line of saying she isn't "real or fake", and in context that was mostly just describing how she's a creature shaped by the perception/rumors of the people who are fearful/believe in her. She doesn't really absorb the abilities of people who are fearful/knowledgeable of her as much as she absorbs their attacks. For example it's not like the fat psychic or dimple's powers just shut off, the attacks they tried doing to it were just absorbed.

That said the anime tends to portray the feats differently in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back