• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I might be wrong, but I think Danny Phantom is perhaps the best counter to Kenshiro, a mainly physical fighter. Danny has much more options to beat Kenshiro like the ghostly wail after knocking him around should beat him and his straight up ghost physiology always putting him in the front foot.

Voting, DP unless I'm missing something

Counted your vote, just wanna say folks this ain't likely to be a stomp though. Kenshiro does possess Precog and that sweet Muso Tensei. :)

Yeah. It looks like Kenshiro can harm souls. So I'm assuming he can hit Danny while he's intangible. Though I could be incorrect.

I don't have too much to say other than that. I don't know enough about Ken to make a good vote.

Him Having ghost physiology means nothing as Kenshiro can hit and harm souls

Kenshiro also utterly crushes Dan in both skill and versatility and Precog will allow him to dodge and avoid most of his attacks

Then he uses Muso Tensei and erases

Anything else?

It depends on what Danny does. If he opens with an AoE ice wave, I don't think that's something that can be physically dodges. And if Kenshiro can only erase one person at a time, duplication makes that more difficult.

Precognition only seems to work while Danny is within his aura. Knowing Danny, he's not going to want to get into CQC with someone who looks like Kenshiro, and seems more likely to spam his long ranged abilities.

<Precog only seems to work when Danny is within his aura

?

Also SBA makes them a few hundred meters apart, so I don't think it's something Ken will have too much trouble surviving

This is assuming he doesn't just survive it since he's a tank.

Oh yeah that reminds, we better check the AP. Tbf since both are listed as Low 6-B the gap shouldn't be that far.

If you're referring to the aura around Muso Tensei, unless Danny has some thought based attacks they're going to have to physically hit him and thus get close to his aura to do so, do him spamming ranged attacksvwont do much good

Also, Kenshiro is literally a buffed human being, not even a ghost, not sure if Dannh is going to see him as a threat that needs ranged attacks to beat immediately.

Schnee One said:
If you're referring to the aura around Muso Tensei, unless Danny has some thought based attacks
Danny has telekinesis on his profile, not sure if it would or not as it's been ages since I watched any episodes sadly.

I mean, Kenshiro isn't exactly a regular human. And if we're assuming he's using Muso Tensei, he will be intangible. Which is a dead giveaway that something is up.

Fair enough on the aura. I was thinking it applied to physical attacks. Though an AoE wave of ice, plus duplication, still give Danny a decent shot.

He certainly looks like one especially without Muso Tensei.

AoE gets survived, dodged, regenerated from, pick one really.

Duplication will help assuming Ken doesn't precog them to oblivion and erase Danny.

Lol Kenshiro being a human or looking like one isn't going to stop Danny from Ghost Ray when he's already done so on much scrawnier humans than Kenshiro.

What's the AP difference?

While Kenshiro can definitely dodge the Ghost Ray beam that's fired at him, he's likely getting hit by the AoE that's going to happen after. Danny won't use Ghostly Wail unless Kenshiro proves to be trouble which he obviously is and that will one shot him due to AoE.

What does Kenshiro lead with anyway?

Also why in gods name do people keep using Danny in verses matches like he's the only character from the series. There are over a dozen other characters y'all could use. Hell Dan Phantom, Vortex, Pariah Dark and the Ancient Ghosts are also Low 6-B.

Because popularity.

Ken leads with whatever he feels necessary, considering his opponent is a ghost, Muso Tensei and erase is very likely

Ok so I had to think about this for a minute.

I'm just gonna say it even though I really don't want to say it... I think it's Inconclusive (Heart Attack!). Kenshiro a better and more experienced fighter, No shad to my boy Danny who usually can come up with a plan when it comes down to it and can be really surprising when it comes to his ghost powers but thanks to Instinctive Reactions and Precognition, Danny isn't landing a single blow on him in a physical confrontation. Danny can Range/AoE him and he's likely not going to escape the blast range, plus Ghostly Wail = Death. Thanks to Danny's resistance to Empathy Manipulation, he should be able to resist Kenshiro's Fear Manipulation due to fear being an emotion but like I said, Danny isn't out fighting Kenshiro in close combat. The only problem is that damn Muso Tensei... Danny can harm intangible beings but not ones like that and he has no resistance to Existence Erasure either. If Kenshiro leads with that Danny is done for due to having no knowledge of the technique.

Danny's Forcefield's can reflect Kenshiro's physical attacks, and send the force back at him. Kenshiro has limited flight so Danny's flight wouldn't be a big advantage, Duplication helps especially if they unleash a Ranged onslaught. Danny doesn't use Telekinesis in battle. Honestly it comes down to what Kenshiro does first (which is apparently Muso Tensei). If it's that technique then Danny's screwed but if he doesn't then Danny can beat him through AoE spam which was the first thing he did in this Key.

afaik with the precog and instinctive reaction he can do muso tensei on the fly which he did iirc (i forgot the exact instance but he did it)

I mean, I still hold that AoE freeze would be a great boon in Danny's favor. And I also agree that someone else from his verse would be a better match.

Regardless, I'll also go incon for Griffin's reasons.

It's AoE, it's not exactly simple to dodge a wave of ice energy. And I don't see how durability or regen helps with being frozen solid and left in said state. He froze Undergrowth, who has Low-Godly regen. So regen shouldn't really factor into being frozen.

Freezing a Low Godly regenerator makes absolutely zero sense. Theoretically you should regenerate a new body if one is incapped with whatever is incorporal.

I mean idk, lol. Undergrowth, iirc, can regrow from any other plant. But Danny froze him. That's what happened, lol. Though, of course, Griffin knows better than I do. But his ice powers were instrumental in defeating him.

Agreed.

Guess we'll wait for Griffin. If he plans on coming back to the thread, lol. Though since we both voted incon, this might be semantics as it relates to the match.

Undergrowth is the ghost of all plant life. He can regenrate so long as plant life exists. Cold is his weaknesses and it causes him to shrink and lose power but it never stopped his Regenerationn.

Freezing a being that has Low Godly Regenerationn works so long as their body doesn't get destroyed, they will be incapacitated.

Back