• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Ichigo Kurosaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny still has my point. Danny has a way better skill set than Ichigo. Danny does not need the Ecto-Suit. Danny is a good strategist and once he sees that Ichigo just likes spamming one attack, he's going to know how to predict Ichigo's next moves and what the warning signs of a getsuga spam are and turn intangible. Remember, Danny could react to things while using the space jet-pack to shoot up into space in the season two episode "Flirting With Disaster." And that reaction time was calculated to be above Hypersonic+. I am sure he can react to getsuga spam.

EDIT: I looked back on the episode "Secret Weapons," Vlad nullified the energy draining properties of the Ecto-Skeleton in the episode and injected nano-bots into Jazz, who then got into the Ecto-Suit, so he could force her to fight Danny. So, I think this SHOULD be noted in Danny's profile under Ecto-Skeleton.

Also, Danny can possess other ghosts. I will give a section of the summary from the episode it occurred in ("Eye for an Eye") and the scene from the episode transcript.

Episode Summary :

There, with cameramen nearby (as well as Danny's parents), Danny turns ghost then comes back to rat out that Vlad Masters and Vlad Plasimus are one and the same. However Vlad Plasmius comes out of nowhere in the same area with Vlad Masters. There both he and Danny fight until Vlad Masters aims a Fenton Gun (taken from Jack) at Plasmius. Danny sees Plasmius is merely a duplicate of him used to make Vlad Masters look good in the eyes of the people by killing his duplicate self. Danny however possesses the duplicate and flies him towards his limo where Vlad shoots, destroying both the duplicate and the limo. Underneath the wreckage, Danny (now human) stages his own plan by making Vlad look bad for hurting an innocent child, which angered his many supporters.

Transcript :

VLAD: Just a moment. We're all friends here, mhhhm? Let the lad have his say! [Smiles.]

DANNY: Uh… really? Okay then! I'll, uh, give it to you straight! [Turns to the crowd.] The Mayor is a phony, and he's hiding a secret that will shock you all! It's time for all the world to know!

[Crowd's attention perks and TV Cameras are set on 'rec'.]

DANNY: …Vlad Masters is really- [Danny gets interrupted by a voice shouting from the sky.]

VOICE: The most feared nemesis in the entire Ghost Realm! [Everyone gasps as Plasmius hovers over everyone, smirking and arm-crossed.]

VLAD: [Feigns concern and surprise.] Oh dear, it's a clearly evil ― yet devastatingly handsome- ghost villain! Whatever shall we do?

[Plasmius starts shooting ecto-rays at buildings and people, wreaking havoc.]

VLAD: [Smirks at Danny as everyone runs around in fright.] Check and mate, Daniel.

[Danny glares and shoots up after the Vlad Plasmius duplicate.]

DANNY: Okay, you carbon-copy freak! I'm taking you down!

PLASMIUS: I don't think so. Remember I'm merely a single duplication and still more powerful than you!

[Plasmius blasts Danny away with ecto-ray and makes Danny crash against the restaurant's wall.]

VLAD: Oooh, I bet that hurt, or at least, I hope it did… [Grins.]

[Danny and Plasmius start fighting and Plasmius conjures an ecto-tornado by swirling around rapidly. Plasmius' tornado diffracts Danny's powers and bites him in, only to send him pelting like a bullet a second later and causing him to crash into the restaurant; Plasmius' flies after him and into the restaurant.]

VLAD: [To the crowd.] See? Danny Phantom attracts the worst of what the Ghost world has to offer and he's virtually powerless to stop them!

[Plasmius and Danny fight within the restaurant; Plasmius has the upper hand and blasts Danny through the roof and into the sky; Plasmius flies after him and grabs him by the neck before Danny has a chance to recover.]

DANNY: Let… go of me!

PLASMIUS: Oh I will, in just a few seconds. Watch and learn!

VLAD: I see that I'm forced to take matters into my own more capable hands! [Vlad takes ecto-gun out and aims at Plasmius.] Stand down, you fiend! There's a new mayor in town and his name is Vlad Masters! [Crowd gasps and look at Plasmius.]

PLASMIUS: [Pretending to be scared.] Oh no, please don't hurt me Mayor Masters, I beg of you! [Grins at Danny before flying down and kneeling pleadingly before Vlad.] Please, take pity of me; I'm but a poor dumb ghost! I can't help being bad!

VLAD: Which is exactly why I'm taking you down!

DANNY: What!? He's gonna zap his own clone to make himself look good! [Lets struck by an plan.] Unless…. It does just the opposite! I've got an idea! [Danny goes invisible and flies down, overshadowing the Plasmius duplicate.]

PLASMIUS: [Spasm.] Gaaaaah! Uggghhhh…. [Eyes turn a bright green.] Go ahead! Do your worst!

[Plasmius flies past Vlad and zooms about out of control in order to scare the citizens; Vlad aims the gun at him and fires at him; the duplicate flies behind the limo and Vlad blasts it to bits. Once the smoke clears away, everyone runs to see the wreck, only to find a severely hurt Danny Fenton laying on the pavement, his clothes torn and his face scratched.]

DANNY: [Feigning innocence.] Uuuuugh, uh, wha-? What happened? [Looks sad and broken.] I'm just a hopeless, impressionable teenager who was minding my own business when- [Winks at Sam and Tucker.] - boom!

If you ask me, Danny can possess Ichigo. You can even check out the season one episode "Fright Knight" if you still do not understand why I believe that Danny will win. Danny can and will work around his own limitations and usually dishes out banter as he gets the snot beaten out of him before he wins and learns a lesson, or that's how he puts it in "Secret Weapons."

Several times throughout Bleach Ichigo stops his hollow from possessing him. Since he has a resistance to possession now all of Danny's votes are invalid

How are they all invalid when that's not even a quarter of the reasons here?

Also if it's just because he resisted the hollow, that's not doing *****

Since it's the strong point in the arguments, his main reason for beating Ichigo was due to possession. Which Ichigo now has a resistance to, the rest are about the Ghostly Wail which Danny doesn't use in character and his intang. Furthermore it seems that DatDot and HST master have countered the reasons for Danny and at this point its just spite

Yeah but it's been a constant thing he's been resisting ever since his fight with Byakuya up to his Visord Training. Even in his human form he was shown struggling with it.

I will vote inconclusive.

Yeah, Ichigo has the AP advantage, probably has the stamina advantage.

But Danny himself has the hax advantage and the intangibility advantage outside of suit.

I dont remember both that much tbh, considering i havent seen both in long time, but if Danny theoritically left his ectoplasm armor, he would surprisngly have a higher chance of beating him then with it. (Assuming of course he cant turn intangible and he can possess him. I dont buy into the argument personally it will work because Ichigo has 'strong will power'.

Kind of just comes down how they react to eachother's abilities.

Edit: Danny has 7, Ichigo has 4.

Also, danny has the fenton thermus that seals ichigo as well.

Forgot about that.

-Ichigo has resistance to possesion now

-Both Ghostly Wail and Ice Powers were shown against other 8-As not a 7-C

-Ichigo has aoe with his Getsuga so duplication ain't too much of a problem

the only thing he'd have going for him no suit is intangibility

Hst master said:
-Ichigo has resistance to possesion now
-Both Ghostly Wail and Ice Powers were shown against other 8-As not a 7-C

-Ichigo has aoe with his Getsuga so duplication ain't too much of a problem

the only thing he'd have going for him no suit is intangibility
When did he get the first one too? That is new lol.

Getsuga AOE isnt that good.

Ice Powers are not that good admitedly and ghostly wail,but saying it hasnt been shown against a 7-C so therefore we should discount it seems a little bit of a stretch.

And he has sealing.

BUT. If I accept Verse Equalization and the fact Ichigo can interact with ghosts, then I will give it to Ichigo for reasons above.

Hst master said:
and the thermos has been shown to be escapable with Freakshow through brute strength
Source?

And tbh, it could be also PIS.

considering Danny's future self couldnt escape it and he is probably beyond most of the ghosts in the verse besides Pariah Dark and other top tiers.

Should probably work on Ichigo.

Hst master said:
^ This is the thread for Ichigo's resistance to possesion via resisting Zangetsu's attempts since the battle with Byakuya to his Visord training even in human form and he had only beaten Pariah Dark through taking his scepter and crown and sealing him he was overall losing otherwise

And Freakshow had gotten out the thermos through forcing his way in "Reality Trip", plus he had to seal Pariah Dark, another 7-C in his sarcophagus instead.

I'm saying that ghostly wail and ice powers probably wouldn't be enough to put Ichigo down since even with the suit on, Ichigo is about x2 higher in ap and dura.

And yeah this Ichigo's Getsuga are about as big as a building, I'm thinking of fullbring Ichigo

8jo
Code:
Karin even being human can play in ghosts, I believe Danny's intagibility will not help him

Hst master said:
Hst master said:
And Freakshow had gotten out the thermos through forcing his way in "Reality Trip", plus he had to seal Pariah Dark, another 7-C in his sarcophagus instead.
I'm saying that ghostly wail and ice powers probably wouldn't be enough to put Ichigo down since even with the suit on, Ichigo is about x2 higher in ap and dura.

And yeah this Ichigo's Getsuga are about as big as a building, I'm thinking of fullbring Ichigo
I defer to my statement above, seem partially like PIS.

I never mentioned ghostly wail and his freezing powers would put him down, I just said to discount it just because seems a little bit of a stretch. Imo, the one he will most likely use is ghostly wail, but even if it did paralyze ichigo, danny doesn't have the AP to follow up.

Freezing is maybe an issue, but I dont think it is enough to put Ichigo down. At the very least, it makes Ichigo more immobile and unable to use his Shunpo or his bankai more effectively.

Well, Dannys AOE is also the same size considering the calc.

That literally makes no sense. He can use it and slice a few buildings in half, sure. But it is still easy to dodge, many people have dodged it before, including Aizen and iirc Yhwach.

Honestly, I am not sure what your definition of AOE is, but it does not impact the environment in a way that Danny can just side step.

I still think Ichigo has a better shot btw but this seems to me to be discounting Danny's abilities and writing them off as "out of character."

AP by itself goes pretty far, 5x ap and speed is enough to hard stomp in most matches.

What I mean is by the time he gets his Fullbring Influenced Bankai his getsuga is ridiculously larger than his previous showings (Aside from Zangetsu Possesion and Mugetsu) and most people end up tanking it(Grimmjow,Ulquirorra,Yammy etc.)instead of dodging and comment on it's attack speed,including Tsukishima.

And it's totally in state of mind for Danny to use his abilities, I just don't believe they'll help thanks to his crappy version of the Ecto-Skeleton draining him everytime he uses them and his own ap outside the suit,Plus his only dura negating ability (overshadowing) Ichigo is resistant to.

Hst master said:
And it's totally in state of mind for Danny to use his abilities, I just don't believe they'll help thanks to his crappy version of the Ecto-Skeleton draining him everytime he uses them and his own ap outside the suit,Plus his only dura negating ability (overshadowing) Ichigo is resistant to.
Okay yeah that is fair.

Danny will use Ghostly Wail. It's not out of character at all. He used against a sphinx that got summoned in "King Tuck," and a horde of ghosts in "Phantom Planet." In the latter, he did not lose strength at all, so Danny can and will use it without major side effects. And Danny's possession extends to objects and he has possessed those with high amounts of will power. His dad, Jack, is a good example. In "Bitter Reunions," Danny possessed his dad. Also in "Bitter Reunions," Vlad, who is stated to be much stronger than Danny, tried to possess Jack. Jack actually staved off the possession long enough to warn everyone. If you ask me, Danny's possession is very high quality and he still has a shot at it.

I am still sticking with Danny. Danny gets my vote still.

Danny never possessed someone who was resisting it on a constant basis for months like Ichigo. And also Jack never resisted Vlad, Danny made Vlad come out of Jack.

I said that Danny would use his abilities, it's simply that none of them would be effective enough to get him the win.

And the side effects are inside the suit which is the version being used.

@Hst master

1. Freakshow never broke out of the thermos in reality trip. The episode ended with Freakshow turning himself into a ghost and Danny sucking him up with the thermos and then Danny reversed time with the Reality Gauntlet then released Freakshow and gave him to the guys in white.

2. Jack briefly resisted Vlad's Possession when he first tried it on him.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Hst master

1. Freakshow never broke out of the thermos in reality trip. The episode ended with Freakshow turning himself into a ghost and Danny sucking him up with the thermos and then Danny reversed time with the Reality Gauntlet then released Freakshow and gave him to the guys in white.

2. Jack briefly resisted Vlad's Possession when he first tried it on him.
Humans can't be in the thermos in the 1st place, he broke it once he turned back into a human

And I'll admit I was wrong about Jack, though it still does not mean he could posses Ichigo.

Just rewatched the part.

Danny sucks Freakshow into the Thermos, Danny erases everyones memories and reverses time, then shows up in the guys in white's headquarters, tossess the Thermos on the ground and it cracks and explodeds and Freakshow is on the ground in his ghost form then Danny changes him back.

It appears that Freakshow broke out of it but that can't be the case because the Thermos contained the power of the gems that gave Freakshow his power and if Freakshow could break free he would have done so as soon as he got sucked up.

That was a small error in terms of gems being in the thermos. I actually did not realize that until now.

Either way, Jack did resist Vlad. Danny, known for high will power, resisted Poindexter (Splitting Images) and overshadowed (DP term for possession) Vlad's duplicate (someone else who that is just as stubborn and has high will power and the duplicate is no exception). I will say, this equates to Danny having high probability of successfully possessing Ichigo.

How? Has Danny ever at all attempted to overshadow someone, continuously for months? Because that is the reason Ichigo has resistance which is honestly more impressive than possessing someone for a moment.

@Hst master

"Possessing someone for a moment"

Just going to write this.

Fodder ghost like Walker's Police force overshadowed several people for more then a day. Kitty overshadowed someone for at least a day (possibile a week). This is only because they willingly left or were forced out of the host by someone else, meaning they could have gone on longer.

Poindexter actually permanently overshadowed Danny on his first attempt. As shown when he kicked Danny's ghost half out of his body.

Now remember that Danny's DNA is infused with ecto energy that altered his molecules. This means in order for Poindexter to kick Danny's ghost half out he would need to literally rip the ecto DNA out of Danny.

This also means that when a ghost possesses someone the bind themselves with their DNA and can easily enter and leave their body no difficulty

Note: I'm not saying this as proof that Danny can overshadowed Ichigo no difficulty or at all. I'm simply saying this for those who think Danny Phantom characters can only hold people for a moment.

Honestly, this fight is getting nowhere and going in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back