• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - A Varies Rating Addition for Characters (Return of Old Tiers)

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Given the new power system that was added in the graphic novel (Emotions), and the supporting evidence that's consistently shown in the original series, I believe the characters should have a "Varies" rating, and 2-A should be their maximum output, not their standard levels of power. So let's get into all the evidence and then I'll explain the ratings.

Emotions
Graphic Novel

In the graphic novel Danny Phantom A Glitch in Time, we learn that the ultimate power in the verse is emotions and that ghosts mine it from humans, with other statements that state it's the source of all ghost energy and a primordial source of ecto energy that predates the Ghost Zone.

We see how emotions have an effect on ghost power in the book, as Danny's powers stop working properly and wig out, even failing him in moments of need. Danny then realized it was due to him losing his emotional drive, and later, Vlad, who was losing his clash with Phantom gains a new emotional drive and overpowered him completely.

It's clear that emotions empower ghosts and a loss of one's emotional drive can cause them to weaken greatly. Now this isn't anything new, as I'll now explain the showings in the show that back up this system consistently.

Original Series

In the Danny Phantom, it's shown multiple times emotions impact ghosts, and for examples, we'll use the 3 ghosts mentioned by Danny in the graphic novel as the examples (Desiree, Ember and Spectra).

1. Danny said Desiree fed off the happiness of the people whose wishes she grants, and In the episode "Memory Blank", Desiree grants a wish for a boy who was being bullied, then Desiree was shown increasing in size and power. This power isn't permanent as when we see her in a later episode, she's normal size when fighting Danny.

2. Danny said Ember fed off the attention from her fans, and in the episode "Fanning the Flame", Ember's power was shown increasing when the people were cheering her name. This episode also shows that when Ember lost all of her fans immediately, her emotional state changed and she became incapacitated and weak.

3. Danny said Spectra fed off the teen's insecurities, and in the episode "My Brother's Keeper", Spectra is shown feeding off their negative emotions to empower herself. However she has to keep doing this, even needing a plan to get enough negative energy to not helf to worry.

Other things to mention would be Technus directly stating that whether Danny knew it or not emotions are his greatest weakness when commenting on Danny's mood change in "Flirting with Disaster". So all in all, Danny was correct and the novel lines up consistently with the show.

There are more examples of this but I wanted to keep this thread short, however, I can add more showings if people want more evidence from other ghosts. It should be noted but this stuff (emotional empowerment/ghosts feeding off emotions) was already accepted here and applied to the Ghost Physiology page. This thread is aimed to apply it to the characters Tier as it's clear their power isn't always that high all the time.

Humans apply to this as well because they also have the emotional power and scale to the old humans who have a 2-A feat.

Ratings
For the ratings, it's pretty simple. Everyone gets a "Varies" rating, the characters standard ratings will be the low end feats that are consistent and their peaks will be 2-A. That means the ratings formally used on profiles will be brought back. The humans consistent usual feats are Tier 9, while the ghosts consistent usual feats are Tier 8 and later Tier 7/6, their peaks will be 2-A.

Here is a draft of what Danny's profile's Tier/Statistics would look like if accepted. I cut down a lot of the unnecessary stuff since his ap section because it was needlessly long. His other stats Will get the Varies rating too but the ratings are pretty much the same so nothing major will change. I also noticed someone put Danny's ap in tabbers but not his other statistics so I fixed that to make it easy to read.

Human Scaling

Varies: All human characters get this rating as they also have the same emotional power, with ghosts literally feeding off them. This is also supported by the fact that the old humans were the ones who split reality in two during their war with each other because of their emotional energy and created the Ghost Zone in the process.

Tier 9 (9-B): All human character's consistent level of power throughout the series will scale to 9-B/Wall level, due to even weak teenagers being able casually kick doors off their hinges, adults can smash through brick walls on multiple occasions, and demolish an entire mansion and cause it to crumble with sludge hammers in seconds without issue. With durability feats of being thrown across rooms with no harm, falling from the clouds and surviving, being crushed by massive objects and surviving.

Tier 2 (2-A): Their peak 2-A rating will come from their scaling feats to ghosts when emotionally driven, and they'll scale to the old humans who have a 2-A feat at their emotional peak.

All feats/scaling feats mentioned are already accepted and used in this blog that we used to prove they weren't ordinary humans.

Ghost Scaling

Varies: All ghosts will get this rating for the reasons mentioned in the thread.

Tier 8 (8-A): All ghosts who scale to season 1 Danny Phantom will retain their 8-A/Multi-City Block level rating, coming from Danny's crater feat in episode 1.

Tier 6 (High 6-C): All ghosts who scale to season 2 Danny Phantom will get this rating. Comes from Danny Phantom being 10 times weaker than base Pariah Dark, who is far stronger than Vortex, who created a planetary storm.

Tier 6 (Low 6-B): All ghosts who scale to season 3 Danny will get this rating. Comes from Vortex's planetary storm feat.

Tier 6 (High 6-B): All ghosts who scale too or above Ecto-Skeleton will get this rating. Comes from them being 100 times stronger than season 2 Danny Phantom.

Tier 2 (2-A): Everyone who has this rating keeps it, however this will be considered them at their peak given the feats happened when the characters were emotionally driven/powered up by emotions and such. So since characters have fought amped versions of Danny Phantom, they get this rating at their peak like him.

TLDR, Everyone gets a varies rating, and this brings back the ghosts old scaling for their usual level of strength without emotional amps (humans will scale to their own feats for their usual level of power since it consistent), and 2-A becomes the peak of their power (humans and ghosts)

Agree: 6 (ProfectusInfinity, DarkDragonMedeus, ShakeResounding, Firestorm808, Lloydblitzed, Maverick Zero X,

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Wouldn't Pariah Dark with Crown and ring, Clockwork, and the Reality Gauntlet be a solid 2-A?
I legit just forgot to implement the scaling two of those.

For Clockwork, he's still a ghost so the Varies rating would still apply. He was weak when he performed his feat but not emotionally so I don't believe he was suffering from loss of actual power.

You are correct regarding The Reality Gauntlet remaining solid 2-A, yes, since it's not sentient/emotional amped, and Pariah Dark with the Crown and Ring does as well since he's getting his power from a pair of objects that's above the gauntlet when together. I'd half to alter the scaling a bit in the OP.

I legit just forgot to implement the scaling two of those.

For Clockwork, he's still a ghost so the Varies rating would still apply. He was weak when he performed his feat but not emotionally so I don't believe he was suffering from loss of actual power.

You are correct regarding The Reality Gauntlet remaining solid 2-A, yes, since it's not sentient/emotional amped, and Pariah Dark with the Crown and Ring does as well since he's getting his power from a pair of objects that's above the gauntlet when together. I'd half to alter the scaling a bit in the OP.
With that in mind, that seems okay.

Back