• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny/Dan Phantom Acausality? Vortex's Sunlight weakness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took some time to rewatch Masters of All Time. Just to add a little more, it's clear that Clockwork was trying to teach Danny a lesson, which is why he allowed Danny to go to the past. As such, we really don't know if Clockwork ever intervened.

The note could go something along the lines of:

"Danny Phantom is not granted Acausality due lack of information in verse. While he did continue of exisiting despite the erasure of his past, it should be noted that he was under Clockwork's observation the entire time. Thus it cannot be determined whether Danny continued to exist due to his own power or due intervention from Clockwork that has simply gone unstated."

For Dan Phantom, if it's felt that a note is needed:

"Dan Phantom is not granted Acausality due to the fact that he has no true demonstration of this power. Instead, he was brought to Clockwork's Lair, a place immune to timeline alterations and paradoxes. Thus, the statement of "he exists outside of time", is more than likely due to where he is currently imprisoned rather than any power he may possess."

I hope this helps.

Though I still believe them being acausal I can agree that there is not enough info so I'll drop that but I need to know what's the vote on Vortex's weakness?

@C2: Thanks for making those explanations.

@LordGriffin: Vortex's weakness is stated as

• Direct sunlight causes him to shrink and lose power.
Did we ever see Vortex shrink/lose power due to him being in direct contact with sunlight? If so, then we can keep the weakness as it is.

Is it too much to ask for Vortex losing his power because of sunlight?

@Lina that's the problem in the beginning of "Torrent of Terror" he created a heatwave and was laying on top of a cloud with direct sunlight shining down on him and was not shrinking yet at the end Danny was using his weather powers on Vortex and created a heatwave and shined the sunlight directly at Vortex causing him to shrink. I rewatch the fight and first Danny uses wind and creates a tornado tat smashes Vortex into three buildings and he gets weak, Danny then creates rain which acts like acid and burns Vortex on contact and then he moves the clouds and shines direct sunlight on Vortex which causes him pain and him to shrink.

None of this makes sense except for the wind as it only smashed him into buildings but the other two are the problem as he created a rain storm and was unaffected by the rain and he created a heatwave and was laying on top of a cloud with direct sunlight shining down on him and nothing happened.

So yeah it is to much ask for Vortex to losing his powers because of sunlight. Its like adding rain as his weakness because it was burning him even though rain wasent effecting him earlier when he created a rain storm and was un effected by the rain.

Alright so like I said in my last comment it doesn't make any sense for Vortex to have direct sunlight as a weakness because earlier in the same episode he was completely unaffected by direct sunlight. This would be the equivalent to saying he's weak to water because it burned him on contact even though earlier in the same episode he was completely unaffected by the rain.

Instead of having a it labeled as a weakness I think Vortex should have a note on his page that addresses it like

"Though Vortex has been shown to be weak to direct sunlight and even rain this has been contradicted when earlier in the exact same episode he was unaffected by direct sunlight and the rain"

@LordGriffin1000 Okay. Feel free to adjust this then.

@Antvasima I have adjusted his page, you can close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back