• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danmaku Wording Changes

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Page starts with:
The ability to produce a great amount of projectiles at once, in order to overwhelm the target by the sheer number of shots. Some users also add complex patterns to make dodging additionally difficult.

Okay cool, works for me but then in types we have:
  • Various different kinds of projectiles can be used
  • Linear projectile trajectories or curving shots
  • One directional, multi-directional or omni-directional
  • From one origin point or multiple origin points​
First and last aren't really types, they're just explantions of what can be in a Danmaku so why this's here?
Third is worded so badly, literally what prevents me from labeling someone being able to generate an explosion from themslves as a Danmaku considering they're also omnidreictional and come from one point of origin
Lastly in limitations:
  • Use for extended periods of time might be exhausting
This's pointless, literally any power can have a stamina issue so why this's noted as a particular weakness for Danmaku?

Point three is more specifically characters could rapid fire a bombardment of explosions; a simple one track explosion is not even close to Danmaku. Like imagine a technique that consists of an omnidirectional explosion that explodes 600 times per minute.

But everything else looks good in the OP, especially agree that the "Exhausting part" is more so a weakness on the character's profile not something that belongs on this page.

To be honest I think you're right saying this. Mostly because it seems like something that came out from Superpower Wikia and the assignment of an arbitrary value for said power/ability is out of the equation.
I have the same problem regarding Chaos Manipulation: it seems so marvelish/dcish that I don't even understand what the function of said power is beyond destruction and darkness.

I would also like to raise the question of well, how many shots a Danmaku make
Like if say someone can shoot 100000 shots at once every minute and someone could shoot 10 shots every second would they both be Danmaku?

Completely agreed with the OP, especially with the removal of type 3, that isn't even close to what Danmaku is supposed to be (rapid fire energy balls in huge amounts).

I also think that the Tllmbrg and Medeus seems to make sense.

Lol how would you have one directional danmaku wouldn't that just be a machine gun

Should I call more staff members here, or is this uncontroversial enough to apply without them?

• First and last aren't really types, they're just explantions of what can be in a Danmaku so why this's here?
  • Third is worded so badly, literally what prevents me from labeling someone being able to generate an explosion from themslves as a Danmaku considering they're also omnidreictional and come from one point of origin
    • I am fine with removing the first and last type.

• Lastly in limitations:
    • Use for extended periods of time might be exhausting
  • This's pointless, literally any power can have a stamina issue so why this's noted as a particular weakness for Danmaku?
    • Yes, as others said, the point is more of a character's specific weakness so I am fine with the text removal.

Overall, the changes are fine, to me.

Last edited:
Thank you.

So should we go with Elizhaa's suggestions then?

I suppose it's fine
So any staff willing to edit the page?

I do not have the time, but if some experienced member who knows how to edit properly, is willing to handle it, I could unlock the page.

You mostly qualify yourself, but have tended to have problems with your grammar at times.

I do not have the time, but if some experienced member who knows how to edit properly, is willing to handle it, I could unlock the page.

You mostly qualify yourself, but have tended to have problems with your grammar at times.
Yah I think someone with better grammar should do this lol

Point three is more specifically characters could rapid fire a bombardment of explosions; a simple one track explosion is not even close to Danmaku. Like imagine a technique that consists of an omnidirectional explosion that explodes 600 times per minute.

But everything else looks good in the OP, especially agree that the "Exhausting part" is more so a weakness on the character's profile not something that belongs on this page.
Very well said. I agree with this.

So what are the summarised staff conclusions here?

Back