• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dan Hibiki vs Miss Piggy

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Alpha_3_Dan.PNG
d1c12e297405c8f33ed187211b943d5e.png

Dan scales to 911.335 kilojoules.
Piggy scales to 1050 kilojoules.
Speed Equalized

Dan:
Piggy:
Incon:

Dan. Piggy is marginally stronger and more durable, but even with speed equalized, Dan would be much more nimble due to his acrobatics. This and his range advantage via energy attacks would allow him to land more blows and deliver more damage.

If you want to get more attention to this thread and get more votes, don't be afraid to message some users who have been in previous threads involving the characters. If you ask politely and keep looking, you will eventually get some more.

Dan. Piggy is marginally stronger and more durable, but even with speed equalized, Dan would be much more nimble due to his acrobatics.
Despite his supposed comparative inadequacy in his own setting, I'm sure Dan is a capable, if conceited individual.... But what are his Acrobatics feats?
Because his profile not only lacks a justification for it, but:
Acrobatics,
The pig has Acrobatics, too, with a feat for a justification:
Acrobatics (She can make great leaps in a single bound[2])
This and his range advantage via energy attacks would allow him to land more blows and deliver more damage.
His range...?

Range: Standard Melee Range, slightly higher with ki attacks

Like, with his signature Gadoken...?

GadokenV.gif

(Sorry for small resolution, Fandom is hostile to hotlinking at full resolution. It can be viewed at a larger resolution on his profile, among other scans)
Anyway, you mean THAT Gadoken?

There's his Charged Gadoken:
ChargedGadoken.gif

But that's a little more telegraphed, & if Miss Piggy can see it, she may have the sense to dodge the fiercely-charged up blue fireball. (IDK. I'm not sure if she'd be foolhardy & brazen enough to try & facetank it, or fear it thinking it'll turn her into roast pork.)

There's the Red Gadoken & the Ex Gadoken, which the scans don't make clear the range of, but....

RedGadoken.gif

• Gadoken ("Self Way Fist"): Dan fires a small wave of Ki energy with one hand. The attack's general range is extremely short. However, Dan can hold his hand and charge the Gadoken, giving it additional power and range. The EX version is a stronger projectile, which maintains the same range. Sometimes, dan can randomly fire a red version of the Gadoken, which is stronger than normal and knocks the opponent down.
Unsure what the condition for the EX version is; It can't be the Charged Gadoken because the scans show the CG travelling further than the base Gadoken, & the EX version "maintains the same range".
& the Red version is used at random, but we aren't shown its range.

Also, in terms of Intelligence/Skill:

Intelligence: Average, Gifted in multilingualism (Is somewhat skilled in martial arts, having completed his fighting style on his own after being expelled by Gouken's teaching, although his techniques are halfbaked[8] and he tends to deliver repetitive attacks.[8] Is totally unaware of his actual strength, even in front of many evidences, and actually believes to be best martial artist there is, to possess the strongest fighting style in the world and also sees Sakura and Blanka as his students[9] and fellow practitioners of Saikyo Style.[10] Often shows[11] to lack awareness. Is skilled in karaoke[12] and seems to be able to run his dojo, despite it not being very popular. Fluent in Japanese, English, Thai and Cantonese,[13] and knows some French and Russian)

Intelligence: Above Average (She is an accomplished martial artist and has earned a "platinum belt", which appears to be of greater significance than a black belt and was skilled enough to beat a government operative[3]. While completely outnumbered, she overwhelmed a group of guards, some of which were armed[7])
Martial Arts (She is a "platinum belt" in karate[3])

Miss Piggy is apparently the more adept, being apparently better than a Black Belt according to her justifications, & able to beat a government operatives & overwhelm a group of guards that "completely outnumbered" her & some of which were armed.

Credit to Dan for making his own techniques, & they do look impressive at times....
But Miss Piggy can apparently deal with multiple opponents at once, which can be a mix of armed or unarmed, & is supposedly very good at martial arts by a belt system for karate?

She also has Stealth Mastery.
Stealth Mastery (She organized a ninja-like strike on Jack Black and emerged from out of the top of his trailer alongside other Muppets without anyone noticing her get there[1])

& Miss Piggy, on top of all that, is a little under 10% stronger & more durable.

Dan's acrobatics are his spindashing. Like Blanka, he tucks himself into a ball and dashes forward or backward. This helps him move faster and avoid high attacks. Piggy's acrobatics are her jumping skill. Dan's are a bit better for close quarters combat because they make him a bit more unpredictable. This, his marginally better range, and the fact that he has taken more beatings than Piggy (meaning he should be more used to pain than her) are what I believe give him the edge. It should be a close fight though. Neither will leave without some bruises.

Here is an example of Dan's acrobatics

You still voting for Piggy?

Last edited:
Dan's acrobatics are his spindashing. Like Blanka, he tucks himself into a ball and dashes forward or backward. This helps him move faster and avoid high attacks. Piggy's acrobatics are her jumping skill. Dan's are a bit better for close quarters combat because they make him a bit more unpredictable. This, his marginally better range, and the fact that he has taken more beatings than Piggy (meaning he should be more used to pain than her) are what I believe give him the edge. It should be a close fight though. Neither will leave without some bruises.

Here is an example of Dan's acrobatics
I'd argue that based on the justifications in her Intelligence section, she's the more skillful close combat fighter, even if Dan is more mobile.

(Plus, isn't Dan known to be comedic & overconfident?)
Weaknesses: Is cocky, full of himself and always underestimates his opponents. His fighting style is incomplete and ineffective.

(Not that the pig is infallible herself.)

Weaknesses: She has a hot temper and is prone to recklessness.

But Piggy usually fights when enraged anyway, so I'm unsure if her temper & recklessness would impact how skillfilly she can fight in CQC.

Also, do you have any info about the Gadoken EX or the Red Gadoken, given the profile seems to lack information on them, like size & range & whatnot?

Also, his Range may not be hekpful since a regular Gadoken only gets like, 2 meters in front of him, & a Charged Gadoken is very telegraphed, so as to be evaded.

The Red Gadoken deals multiple hits and delivers knockdown, while the ex special Gadoken has far more range and deals far more damage. Can't find clips though.
I see.

Do we know about the conditions for use? Charge or such? I recall reading the Red Gadoken only comes out at random. Any idea for the EX?

Nonetheless, for now, I'm on the side of Miss Piggy mostly because she can apparently defeat a partially armed group of multiple trained opponents fighting her at once, & I'm not sure Dan can match that level of skill. A ~10% stat advantage helps, too.

Apologies for any bother with that.

"The EX version may have a slower startup than the regular Gadoken, but it has a higher damage output. It also puts Dan at +5 on hit, allowing him to link with Standing Light Kick for a follow-up combo. The range for the EX version is the same as his Medium version."
From the Gadoken wiki page

Anyway, let's analyze this:

AP and durability: Piggy has roughly a 10% advantage.
Skill: Piggy is more skilled.
Stamina: Fairly even.
Range: Dan has a slight edge since his arms are longer and he has short range energy attacks. His Ex special Gadoken would help here.
Mobility: Dan due to his rolling.
Moveset: Dan due to his variations of the Gadoken (the Red Gadoken and the Ex special Gadoken), whereas Piggy is a purely physical fighter.

Other advantages and disadvantages:
Piggy is hot tempered and reckless, which makes her particularly susceptible to Dan's taunts.
Dan is cocky.
Dan is more used to pain.
Dan's Red Gadoken can deliver knockdown, briefly stunning Piggy.
Dan's charged Gadoken is telegraphed, meaning Piggy has more of a chance to dodge it.
Piggy is a better jumper.

Overall, Piggy seems to have the advantage in close up combat, so Dan would be at a losing edge if he fought purely physically. He could easily suffer damage due to his ego leaving him vulnerable. However, Dan would be able to endure the pain, come to recognize Piggy as a threat after a short while, and would still be able to give her some considerable trouble with his purely physical moves. Piggy would have the advantage in terms of purely physical fighting, but it would still be close. When it comes to Dan's energy attacks, that is where more thought has to be put. Dan's Gadoken, combined with his longer arms and Piggy's smaller frame, would allow him to keep her out of his face while he tried to gradually whittle down her health. Piggy could jump over some of Dan's energy attacks, but not all of them, and Dan's rolling ability would grant him the mobility needed to keep his ground. Piggy would still land some hits, but Dan would be landing the majority at this point. Piggy would get a good chance to land a blow when Dan tried for a charged Gadoken. The way the move is telegraphed, along with Piggy's jumping skill, would allow her to leap over it and land a good hit on Dan. At this point, he would realize he shouldn't try the charged version and rely more on his Ex special version. Dan's best tactic would be to try and rile Piggy up with his taunts so she loses her temper and just charges ahead in rage, leaving her open to more of his energy attacks. In the end, I reckon that Dan would be able to pull off a win due to his mobility, energy attacks, and his taunting. However, it would be a very close fight.

Are we pitting people against puppets now? Honestly, either I'm an oldhead or this site is getting weirder by the way. I'll hold off on voting until the debate is settled.

Bump. Someone should try and get more Street Fighter familiar users in here (not sure if there are many Muppet familiar users due to the fact that Kermit and Piggy are the only characters with profiles here, and I don't think there are that many matches). I would contact some more, but I have a thread of my own to deal with at the moment.

Speaking of acrobatics, Dan definitely has the better ones. Aside from rolling taunts, he can perform a number of jumping attacks (some are shown as gifs in his profile) and the standard kit of the SF characters includes somersault jumps, recovery rolls (as in rolling back up after a knockdown) and aerial somersaults to keep the balance upon being striken in mid-air. They can be seen in other "updated" SF files, I just have yet to get to Dan's.

While he is incompetent, you might argue he got slightly better in SFV (something I should have written back then when he got added to SFV), as his fighting style is still goofy but has less toomfolery and displays somewhat advanced moves such as the v-techniques (one of which is a general stats amp) and the hissho buraiken.
His charged gadoken is indeed telegraphed, but there nonetheless, he can still chuck energy from some distance while Piggy can't.

That said, Piggy is indeed good and probably better on a "formal" sense, but Dan's style is also irrealistic and still a sort of supernatural art, aka something you wouldn't expect in real life, so there might be a sort of surprise factor into it.
Piggy's superhuman LS could be problematic, maybe even just in terms of pushing and shoving, but she doesn't seem to capitalize on it that much.

I'm not casting a vote yet, but I hope this might contribute to the discussion,

Speaking of acrobatics, Dan definitely has the better ones. Aside from rolling taunts, he can perform a number of jumping attacks (some are shown as gifs in his profile) and the standard kit of the SF characters includes somersault jumps, recovery rolls (as in rolling back up after a knockdown) and aerial somersaults to keep the balance upon being striken in mid-air. They can be seen in other "updated" SF files, I just have yet to get to Dan's.
Hopefully Dan's Acrobatics justification to reflect that.
While he is incompetent, you might argue he got slightly better in SFV (something I should have written back then when he got added to SFV), as his fighting style is still goofy but has less toomfolery and displays somewhat advanced moves such as the v-techniques (one of which is a general stats amp) and the hissho buraiken.
His charged gadoken is indeed telegraphed, but there nonetheless, he can still chuck energy from some distance while Piggy can't.

That said, Piggy is indeed good and probably better on a "formal" sense, but Dan's style is also irrealistic and still a sort of supernatural art, aka something you wouldn't expect in real life, so there might be a sort of surprise factor into it.
Piggy's superhuman LS could be problematic, maybe even just in terms of pushing and shoving, but she doesn't seem to capitalize on it that much.

I'm not casting a vote yet, but I hope this might contribute to the discussion,
This is neat.
Bump. Someone should try and get more Street Fighter familiar users in here (not sure if there are many Muppet familiar users due to the fact that Kermit and Piggy are the only characters with profiles here, and I don't think there are that many matches). I would contact some more, but I have a thread of my own to deal with at the moment.
I have watched SOME The Muppets media, but not much to really get a grasp of feats for The Muppets characters like Kermit & Miss Piggy.

(I also have to wonder how the movies like Muppets on Treasure Island, A Muppet Christmas Carol, etc. factor in; A lot of Muppets media has them specifically be actors. Is such the case in those movies & they're just REALLY in-character, or is like an alternate universe.)

Back