• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
fine fine I'll bite. keep in mind base Vecna will be changed to High-Godly... at some point. I need to organize a revision for that but we have agreed that their Mid-Godly goes to High-Godly as well as negging High-Godly.

Vecna resists most of D's stuff, from what I can tell? forgive me if not all of these apply to this key, but going by his categories...

- Reality Warping is just normal magic, Vecna negs

- Space-Time is something every god and god-like being does on a wide scale, neg

- Fate hax can be resisted by a level 1, much less Vecna. neg.

- Probability is hard countered by Vecna's own Probability, not to mention, again, neg.

- Power Null is what everyone does in D&D, gotta neg to live.

- Much weaker characters than the Lich neg Absorption.

- Liches don't have souls, even if they did, everyone resists soulhax.

- EE is normal resistance, guys a lot weaker than Vecna do it on a 4-D scale (shoutout to Ithyak-Ortheel btw) and can't affect Vecna.

- Empathic Manip is among the most common abilities in magic, negged.

- Sleep, see Empathic Manip

- Concept manip in D&D is a battle of cosmic weight, so to speak. The bigger you are, the less any other being can affect you. It's a hierarchy and Vecna is at the top of the 2-C hierarchy IIRC. So no.

- Every outsider can survive in the void of Baator which just sort of rips apart any mortal. No dice on that one.

- Memory manip. Right. See empathic.

All that aside, Vecna just has to think to do any singular given spell to instantly win. Some personal favorites are sealing, causality manip (it works on Type 4 Acausals, as all other gods are Type 4 as well), and maybe some good old fashioned BFR to the Far Realm, a place where guys like the Uvuudaum's true form hang out.

AogiriKira said:
Vecna's a 2-A smurf, im pretty sure D doesn't have much of a chance here.
2-A smurf isn't really a thing. It's all the same layer or whatever of existence. It's still what we used to call 4-D.

Vecna does have multiversal affecting abilities, admittedly, any Tier 2 in D&D except for a few exceptions do, scaling from Demon Lords and Tiamat (both Low 2-Cs).

Mr. Bambu said:
AogiriKira said:
Vecna's a 2-A smurf, im pretty sure D doesn't have much of a chance here.
2-A smurf isn't really a thing. It's all the same layer or whatever of existence. It's still what we used to call 4-D.
Vecna does have multiversal affecting abilities, admittedly, any Tier 2 in D&D except for a few exceptions do, scaling from Demon Lords and Tiamat (both Low 2-Cs).
I checked with Udl and he said he had some 2-C hax and 2-A conceptual manip.

Which means D can actually win this. His hax are on a 4-D / 2-C scale and he passively negs many layers of resistances.

Yes, like I said. All Low 2-Cs in D&D have abilities on a 2-A scale and it just sort of upscales from there. My comment was more on the fact that smurf isn't the right term for them since it's all still 4-D.

I dunno if D can win this since nobody has commented at all. All I know is that Vecna can think and unleash any of his abilities and resists all of D's notable stuff on several higher layers of 2-A.

Mr. Bambu said:
Yes, like I said. All Low 2-Cs in D&D have abilities on a 2-A scale and it just sort of upscales from there. My comment was more on the fact that smurf isn't the right term for them since it's all still 4-D.
I dunno if D can win this since nobody has commented at all. All I know is that Vecna can think and unleash any of his abilities and resists all of D's notable stuff on several higher layers of 2-A.
Wait what?

Udl just said only Vecna's conceptual crap was 2-A tho?

Concept manip in D&D is a battle of cosmic weight, so to speak. The bigger you are, the less any other being can affect you. It's a hierarchy and Vecna is at the top of the 2-C hierarchy IIRC. So no.

Vecna is the highest tier a Lesser God can be before becoming an Intermediate Deity. So higher than average 2-C, but not highest possible 2-C.

ahhh, lesser god, right. So he's the strongest of the fodder 2-Cs lol.

@Aogiri Not really, no. Tiamat's 2-A hax feat definitely wasn't conceptual, it was life manip. Demon Lords 2-A range was absorption.

Asmodeus also had a 2-A memory and information manipulation feat. But I forget if that was before or after he became a Greater God.

Mr. Bambu said:
ahhh, lesser god, right. So he's the strongest of the fodder 2-Cs lol.
@Aogiri Not really, no. Tiamat's 2-A hax feat definitely wasn't conceptual, it was life manip. Demon Lords 2-A range was absorption.
Well if all of Vecna's hax are 2-A than this is a stomp.

I just bought Vampire Hunter D reader's guide. I will see if theres something on it that can be used to upgrade D to above 2-C

I don't think Vecna has 2-A potency, just 2-A range. Or at least his abilites can theoretically do stuff on that level.

Brunout said:
I just bought Vampire Hunter D reader's guide. I will see if theres something on it that can be used to upgrade D to above 2-C
Oh shit poggers. Apparently that book contains some short stories as well as VHD:Armageddon.

Back