• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In this scene, Cyclops fights off Storm's lightning with his laser, and when Nightcrawler comes to get Cyclops, he's fast enough to put on his goggles before Storm's lightning reaches them, making Cyclops and anyone else who scales with him MHS+ speed.

He's already rated at the SoL with his Optic Blast, unless if you're actually talking about his combat speed which I'm confused about the point of the thread

oh so you mean, he stopped the optic blast, the lightning continued towards him, he puts his glasses before they teleported and the lightning reached them

yeah seems clear cut, is a feat for both of them even

oh so you mean, he stopped the optic blast, the lightning continued towards him, he puts his glasses before they teleported and the lightning reached them

yeah seems clear cut, is a feat for both of them even
Yes, without the optic blast, the speed is at the average human level, but I think MHS+ seems appropriate.

Wolverine used his claws to block Weapon-XI's laser, which possessed Cyclops' lasers.

Perhaps if someone does the calculation, we will have new ratings.
In the laser scene, it takes around SoL or REL+, but it probably takes an outlier value because there is a huge difference between the speed of light and the speed of many bullets in some scenes where they seem to be at their last speed, but there is no need to take an outlier for MHS+ because there is not a big difference between them. But if you want, you can find someone to do calc and open a CRT anyway.

You'd have to prove that Storm's generated lightning is the same speed as natural lightning for the scaling to work.
It is said here that one of the most important features of natural lightning is that it can fall from the cloud to the ground and should be considered real lightning unless there is nothing to indicate the contrary. In these scenes (00.43 , 01.34 , 03.00 , 03.41) , we see Storm shooting lightning from the cloud many times, and in addition, another important feature is that it moves at a speed similar to natural lightning. It should be noted that Quicksilver is already passing at MHS+ speed, and Storm's lightning is clearly close to that speed. I think these are enough evidence for natural lightning.

In these scenes (00.43 , 01.34 , 03.00 , 03.41) , we see Storm shooting lightning from the cloud many times, and in addition, another important feature is that it moves at a speed similar to natural lightning
You see that storm can summing lightning from clouds and can generate her own electricity. But that doesn't mean both are the same speed.

and Storm's lightning is clearly close to that speed
In that scene you can see people falling and moving debris moving in tandom with the lightning. If anything it's counter evidence.

You see that storm can summing lightning from clouds and can generate her own electricity. But that doesn't mean both are the same speed.

In that scene you can see people falling and moving debris moving in tandom with the lightning. If anything it's counter evidence.
The reason why the debris moves is because Jean leaves the house quickly, we see that it moves around randomly (it is not just affected by gravity and moves downwards) and I think this does not give an outlier because Jean can reach the SoL level with his telekinesis. I think Storm should take scale from Lightning Quicksilver.

The reason why the debris moves is because Jean leaves the house quickly
The reason why Quicksilver loses his footing is because of Jean. But before that ever happens you can visually track the debris moving along with the electricity.

The reason why Quicksilver loses his footing is because of Jean. But before that ever happens you can visually track the debris moving along with the electricity.
I'm not talking about quicksilver losing his balance, if you rewind the time stamped in the video a little, you'll see all the debris scattered randomly as a result of the jeans coming off quickly.

The lightning he receives from the cloud looks the same as the one she throws, there is no change in their power, we have never seen her throw different types of lightning. Why would someone who can already throw lightning from a cloud throw lightning differently than himself? It's already there in the clouds, it will do it again. Here you are the one who has to prove that lightning is different.
The speed of objects varies depending on the applied force. This is not a counter-evidence. People's speed is also very slow and very unnoticeable, so they are very slow.

Why would someone who can already throw lightning from a cloud throw lightning differently than himself?
If they're the exact same why use cloud lightning at all? It must be different or there would be zero reason to do so.

The lightning he receives from the cloud looks the same as the one she throws
Looking the same isn't a justification when the source is unnatural.
People's speed is also very slow and very unnoticeable, so they are very slow.
At mach 1200 a person's relative falling speed would be 0.00002395529 m/s which is about 100 times slower than the speed of a snail. Seeing any relative motion would be counter evidence for her non-cloud lightning to be MHS+. It's why the previous two upgrade threads died, because her electricity doesn't have support for being that fast.

At mach 1200 a person's relative falling speed would be 0.00002395529 m/s which is about 100 times slower than the speed of a snail. Seeing any relative motion would be counter evidence for her non-cloud lightning to be MHS+. It's why the previous two upgrade threads died, because her electricity doesn't have support for being that fast.
If what you mean by falling people is Storm and Cyclops, the reason why they fall a little faster is because Cyclops pushes him and all the debris moves fast because of Jean, that is, because the force applied in both events changes the speed.

If they're the exact same why use cloud lightning at all? It must be different or there would be zero reason to do so
Since the lightning coming from the cloud is out of the opponent's field of vision, she can attack unexpectedly. Since she is shooting from her hand rather than from the sky, the lightning she throws from her hand must be faster and stronger than the lightning she throws from the sky.

Another feature of natural lightning is that the character moves with real electricity and electromagnetism, already the formation of lightning or lightning occurs as a result of the formation of electricity between the ground and the cloud and between the cloud and the cloud, and Storm also makes this electrical transition. (Even if it has only a few characteristics of lightning, it is accepted as natural lightning.)

If what you mean by falling people is Storm and Cyclops, the reason why they fall a little faster is because Cyclops pushes him and all the debris moves fast because of Jean, that is, because the force applied in both events changes the speed.
Another feature of natural lightning is that the character moves with real electricity and electromagnetism, already the formation of lightning or lightning occurs as a result of the formation of electricity between the ground and the cloud and between the cloud and the cloud, and Storm also makes this electrical transition. (Even if it has only a few characteristics of lightning, it is accepted as natural lightning.)
Bump

Sir, do you have a response to the 2 comments I marked with Bump?
I mean my interpretation of the scene hasn't changed. Cyclops pushing him doesn't change they're falling at noticeable speeds along with both the electricity and debris.

The second one I have no idea what you're trying to say to be honest.

I mean my interpretation of the scene hasn't changed. Cyclops pushing him doesn't change they're falling at noticeable speeds along with both the electricity and debris.
Cyclops' push increases the speed of his fall.

I said that the reason why the debris moves randomly is because of jean grey, as jean grey's telekinetic speed is SoL speed, which can cause the debris to move at MHS+ speed easily.
The second one I have no idea what you're trying to say to be honest.
What I'm trying to say is that one of the other features of natural lightning is that the character can move electricity and electromagnetism, and the lightning formation involves the movement of electricity and electromagnetism. So Storm can control electricity and electromagnetism because she creates lightning.

And again, I want to point out that in that scene, the speed of lightning is already close to characters with MHS+ speed.

Cyclops' push increases the speed of his fall.
Cyclops push wouldn't increase his speed to mach 1200 though, which is where the issue lies. Along with gravity causing them to visibly move.
I said that the reason why the debris moves randomly is because of jean grey,
Before Jean moved the debris further they were already the same speed as the lightning and the falling people. Its an anti-feat for the electricity. Especially when Beast's gun is also moving at comparable speeds to both the electricity and debris.
So Storm can control electricity and electromagnetism because she creates lightning.
Generating electricity does not mean the electricity moves at speed comparable to a lightning strike since there's more to it than just that. Storm making blasts just isn't a justification in of itself, especially with other showing in the next movie that give it lower rating.
And again, I want to point out that in that scene, the speed of lightning is already close to characters with MHS+ speed.
The only characters with MHS+ in that scene are Quicksilver (who massively out speeds the lightning) and Jean who reacts to Quicksilver. Everyone else was frozen or moving slowly.

Cyclops push wouldn't increase his speed to mach 1200 though, which is where the issue lies. Along with gravity causing them to visibly move.
Cyclops' push + Jean's shockwave. Because the Mystique was affected by that wave and was thrown away.
Before Jean moved the debris further they were already the same speed as the lightning and the falling people. Its an anti-feat for the electricity. Especially when Beast's gun is also moving at comparable speeds to both the electricity and debris.
I already think xmen should be MHS+
Generating electricity does not mean the electricity moves at speed comparable to a lightning strike since there's more to it than just that. Storm making blasts just isn't a justification in of itself, especially with other showing in the next movie that give it lower rating.
The reason I say this is that it is one of the characteristics of natural lightning, which increases the possibility of it being natural lightning. There is no need to meet all the features, some important features are enough.
The only characters with MHS+ in that scene are Quicksilver (who massively out speeds the lightning) and Jean who reacts to Quicksilver. Everyone else was frozen or moving slowly.
In this calculation, Jean already has the MHS + speed feat because she reacts to Storm's lightning.

Cyclops' push + Jean's shockwave. Because the Mystique was affected by that wave and was thrown away.
Xavier's arms were moving the same speed as was the bullet Beast fired. The scene just doesn't support MHS+ storm in my view.

In this calculation, Jean already has the MHS + speed feat because she reacts to Storm's lightning.
The calc is assuming the bolt is moving at MHS+ speed, which is what is at issue here. Jean is MHS+ either way for reacting to Quicksilver, but that doesn't make Storm's Bolt MHS+ either.

Xavier's arms were moving the same speed as was the bullet Beast fired. The scene just doesn't support MHS+ storm in my view.

The calc is assuming the bolt is moving at MHS+ speed, which is what is at issue here. Jean is MHS+ either way for reacting to Quicksilver, but that doesn't make Storm's Bolt MHS+ either.
Anyway, I guess there's nothing more to say.
Also, when Storm fired the lightning bolt (not yet in slow motion), Mystique's running speed and Prof. X's head movement speed were the same speed as the lightning bolt.

Thank you for your valuable time and reply 🙏

Back