• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Curled Up Strings

I don't really understand why an axis needs to be infinite to be considered for 1-C and above cosmology

Like, even if a universe was 5d with one small spacial dimension, say 1cm

It's not like all of 3d space needs to fill that 1cm

It would just mean that the universe has a long width, height, and length, but it's x is small

Like a shape with infinite length infinite width and 1 height for example

Would it not take an uncountably infinite amount of those squares to have ANY thickness in the 5d at all? Even if it's just an atom?

I feel like I must be thinking about this the wrong way

I always hear "uncountable squares make a cube" or whatever, but like, so if I take uncountably infinite 5x5 squares, how thick of a cube is that?

Like, you need an uncountably infinite amount of something in a lower dimension to have any thickness in a higher dimension right? So how would you compare a 1cm thick cube to a 2cm thick cube? Which one is made of more "squares"?

If you need uncountably infinite amounts to have any thickness, why does it matter if it's 1 centimeter or infinite distance? Should just determine your place in the tier if anything right?

Same for destroying a tiny space time with a rock in it.

Technically that should be a 2-A feat right? Because theres a rock, and a rock for every moment in time, therefore uncountably infinite rocks

This stuff makes my brain hurt

Last edited:
Back