• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cuphead Show Discussion Thread

Aguywhodoesthings

VS Battles
Calculation Group
The Cuphead Show released a few days ago (and i watched all the episodes day 1) so here's a thread to discuss the show and it's feats

I actually binged the show yesterday, I thought it was fairly good but I did wish the episodes were longer (though it's probably intentional as to convey the feeling of watching a classic cartoon short).

From what I've seen, I think many of the characters are strong candidates for Wall level and/or possibly Small Building level, As there are several feats done by Cuphead and Mugman that involve them surviving a rocket crash, knocking a door off its hinges, throwing a chandelier hard enough for it to leave a hole in the wall, Cuphead breaking his handle by slamming his head into a wall, Cuphead being slammed into a vent hard enough to leave his face imprinted on it, Cuphead spinning a pair of large dice fast enough for it to pulverize itself, and them surviving high falls. Some other feats for this would involve Ribby and Croaks being able to punch hard enough to leave large holes in a boat, Elder Kettle surviving several small explosions, and Porkrind surviving his entire shop being incinerated by Grim Matchstick.

The Devil is also no doubt stronger than Cuphead and Mugman as demonstrated by his feat of scorching a large portion of forest around him and leaving a wide crater behind, Cuphead should definitely get a far higher durability rating while wearing the invisible sweater as the Devil was unable to harm him in any way, not to mention he was completely unaffected by the Devil’s explosion feat. Cuphead could also get a possibly far higher rating for AP and LS as he was able to briefly pull the moon, but with great difficulty, I'm also willing to view it as an Outlier/PIS/Gag as it's completely inconsistent with the stuff I already mentioned above.

For P&A, Cuphead and Mugman get typical Toon Force, Elasticity, and Body Control. They could also get Type 2 Immortality as they're shown able to survive decapitating themselves and having their ''Liquid'' spilled out. Mugman can also have acrobatics (as seen in episode 10) and Non-Physical Interaction as he was able to touch and drag Cuphead's soul (Cuphead could also have these abilities as they are shown to scale to each other), Cuphead can also have Electricity Manipulation and Forcefield Creation while wearing the Invisible sweater, The Devil also gets some hax such as Darkness Manipulation (As he immediately turned day into night upon his appearance in episode 1, though the sun was already setting by the time he showed up iirc), Shapeshifting, Flight, Teleportation, Telekinesis, Fire Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction, and Soul Manipulation (Which obviously ignores durability)

Last but not least, Cuphead and Mugman are also shown to have incredibly high stamina (Peak Human or Superhuman) as they spent a whole day at the Carnevil eating food, playing games, and throwing up, they were still able to move and run after surviving a fall from a tall haunted house and spent three days at Mount Eruptus presumably without food, water, or rest, and they were completely fine (to the point of even being unaware as to how much time had passed)

Last edited:
Yeah i was thinking about calcing some of the feats from the show, iirc Cuphead and Mugman also ran through a thick cemetary wall in one episode so that might be worth calcing, would using their game heights make sense for the feats?
Speaking of the games the continuity of the show to the games is probably something that will have to be discussed in the future
Also i'm not sure if the sweater increases Cupheads durability, it mostly seems to give him protection against the Devil specifically

Yeah i was thinking about calcing some of the feats from the show, iirc Cuphead and Mugman also ran through a thick cemetary wall in one episode so that might be worth calcing, would using their game heights make sense for the feats?
Maybe? I do see it making sense
Also i'm not sure if the sweater increases Cupheads durability, it mostly seems to give him protection against the Devil specifically
You do have a point, an interesting thing to note is that it also protects those who are standing close to Cuphead (As Mugman was also unharmed by the explosion due to him clinging to Cuphead), while it probably doesn't increase his durability, it does seem to grant him resistance to Soul Manipulation, as The Devil was unable to take Cuphead's soul while he was wearing the sweater.

it does seem to grant him resistance to Soul Manipulation, as The Devil was unable to take Cuphead's soul while he was wearing the sweater.
I'm not sure about this either, i think The Devil was unable to take Cupheads soul because of the sweater zapping him whenever he tries to touch it

We may want to think about making an entirely separate profile for this verse unless we think this is consistent with the games.

Cool, i guess we should start working on profiles for Cuphead and Mugman then.
Do they have any speed feats that could be calculated?

• The Devil can only take someone's soul if they agree to it/lose in a game meant to do it/etc., he can't just do it at will to anyone.
  • The profile lies by saying that he "Instantly" did his 8-B feat, it took him some time and effort unlike what he does for every other action and attacks he showed. The tier should be at his best while his regular attacks are lower, and his Striking Strength has no reason to scale to his powers.

I mean that when the attack was done, it was instantly, but to get there he was trying to apply his power with effort for seconds, in a way that he wouldn't be able to simply throw a fire ball at someone with the same power, or do the same explosion with 0 build up.

Yeah fair enough maybe it could be phrased something like:
"released a firey explosion that burnt several trees after severely straining himself"

Back