• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Yet another match I'm probably going to regret.

Speed is equalized and the battle takes place here, with the combatants starting a good 75 meters away. Winner by any means necessary.

Otherwise SBA.

Cthulhu: 0

Rasalom: 0

Inconclusive: 3 (Hellbeast1, Iapetus The Impaler, Hizack123)

All up tho im voting Inconclusive since Rasalom does have much better versatility and hax though im not too sure if he can resist the Mind Mash or can Put Cthulhu down for good with that regen

Hellbeast1 said:
All up tho im voting Inconclusive since Rasalom does have much better versatility and hax though im not too sure if he can resist the Mind Mash or can Put Cthulhu down for good with that rege
He can probably resist the mindmash. His eyes basically do the same thing on fast-forward to those who stare at them (I'm fairly sure this won't work on Cthulhu though), and he's seen multiple things that pretty much look like Cthulhu. The "bottomless holes" he creates lead to a reality dominated by the Otherness and these creatures, and it's implied quite strongly that both him and Glaeken have ventured into that reality and come back from it.

And one of the creatures in that reality was apparently so evil and horrifying to look at that when two people so much as glanced at it, one instantly died of cardiac arrest, and the other went permanently catatonic.

That said, given Cthulhu's...nature, I'm not completely sure how much of Rasalom's hax will work on him. I'll wait for Azzy to weigh in on that.

Considering Cthulhu's lovecraftianness, I don't think any amount of reality warping nor spacial shenanigans are going to bother him.

Inversely, Cthulhu could easily just smash Rasalom's head in to get past regen. Higher Dimensional manipulation will also be troublesome.

Spatial hax involves the aforementioned bottomless holes which lead to another reality, so it's not like that would be something Rasalom uses on a few-hundred-meters-tall Great Old One with wings unless he manages to paralyze him first. Reality warping is also mostly environmental, although he did use it to will three volcanoes into exploding and wiping out the largest island of Hawaii in the process. (This may have been how he caused multiple stars to disappear each night, but it's never really explained)

I thought Cthulhu's Higher-Dimensional Manipulation wasn't combat-applicable?

Do you know for certain whether or not things like sleep manipulation or paralysis would work on him?

Also, is there a good reason why Cthulhu only has Small Country Class striking strength?

Oh.... Yeah, kinda isn't.

IMG 20171201 093530
Not really excluding the fact that how he's able to blow up stars never gets explained.

Wait.

>mindmash

>RW that's not really combat applicable

>Unknown durability

>Flight

>Telepathy

>Dream Manipulation

>Knows everything that's happening on Earth

>Destroyed stars, but it's never explained how

...From a VS perspective, these two characters are basically the same ******* guy.

Bump.

I dunno whether I should be counting these, but I suppose I may as well.

Back