• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crowning Moments of Awesome

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
For fun. Quote some of the lines from shows you know that you find particularly awesome or bada**. If you want, you can do the person or the scenario. I'll start off.

"A mulberry is a tree, Kuwabara is a man. And i'll prove it. we all have to die when our time comes, but if we do our duty we don't have regrets, so taste a little piece of my sword toguro!" - Kazuma Kuwabara during his suicide charge

"And you're no Barry Allen!" - Wally West as he proceeds to let go of his mental barriers and pimpslap Zoom

"Well you know what? F*** power levels, f*** Super Saiyans, and f*** you! Shin Kikoho!" - TFS Tien

I'm not a big fan of Death Battle but in Tony vs Lex, I did love the response to "Playing God" "I don't know Lex. Being a god can't be too hard I mean... I'm the most intelligent capable person on the planet. I'm not playing God... all this time? I've been playing human" (Cue badass music)

The entirety of Garou's quotes for me near the end of his rampage. Namely his speech to Saitama about why he's a hero.

And the use of "Half as long twice as bright" here has a mix of just.... sad heroism here.

https://youtu.be/AtEvMbnUprw?t=855

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkGoipMymE

Really cements the characteristics between the two.

"When you think Rick is dead, he's alive and when you think you're safe, he's coming or you" - Morty. Rick and Morty

I personally had mixed feelings about the Season 3 premier, but that line just showed how bada** Rick can be with just his sheer intelligence and ruthlessness.

Tentomon's last stand in Digimon Adventure Tri 3: Confessio. Not to spoil it, but it's fantastic.

"I am NOT going to let something as insignificant as a MERE DEITY get in my way!" - Izzy/Koushiro when confronting Yggdrasil. Digimon Adventure Tri. 3 Abridged.

The abridged versions of Tri are great not just because they're genuinely funny, but because they take themselves seriously enough to have drama and character moments. I remember everyone saying Tri 1 abridged was better than Tri 1 since they handled the drama better. Tri 3 is no exception and had some legitimately awesome quotes in the final battle...especially when Izzy mentioned how if he lost Tentomon, he'd have no one left...

Joe punching out Dark Gennai and holding him off from attacking his friends in Digimon Adventure Tri 4: Soushitsu. It was damn awesome, pardon my language. Joe is a normal human and Dark Gennai is a universal reality warper. Was it PIS? Oh very much so. But was it awesome? Oh very much so. Especially given how creepy Dark Gennai was being, licking Sora and gaining pleasure out of choking Meiko. Joe has always been my favorite character and always shall remain so.

You don't know what it's like to have friends. You could tell me what it's like to feed on love, but you can't tell what it's like to truly love and be loved. Your motivations are selfish, we fight because we know about things worth fighting for! Love! Friendship! We have things you can't hope to have! You envy us! Ponies who can't do things themselves tell others that they can't do it...I can stand up to you...And I can win! -Twilight Sparkle's "because you suck"/"final battle" speech at the end of the third issue of IDWs MLP comic series. Which is a great read if you like the show, by the way. Who knew a story about ponies could be so gory and morbid?

"That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath. None of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am." -Superman Justice Leauge Unlimited

Even when trapped by karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door. Even if the universe stands against us, our burning blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space! And defy all who would stop us, to grab hold of our path! Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann! JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! -Team Dai Gurren my favourite quote from the series.

Not a show, but I've been re-reading and listening to a lot of 40k stuff recently, and there are some pretty excellent quotes from badass moments in that.

"We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial - carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won." - Justicar Alaric rouses his brothers to war, as Ben Counter makes the Grey Knights cool again after all the shit Matt Ward messed up

"Lorgar of Colchis. You may consider the following. One: I entirely withdraw my previous offer of solemn ceasefire. It is cancelled, and will not be made again, to you or to any other of your motherless bastards. Two: you are no longer any brother of mine. I will find you, I will kill you, and I will hurl your toxic corpse into hell's mouth." - Roboute Guilliman, vowing to slay his traitorous brother during the Battle of Calth

"These are the End Times, Siroca. None of you are destined to survive the coming of the Crimson Path. The Imperium has been losing the Long War since it was first declared, and now we enter the endgame. I will tell you everything, Inquisitor, because, for you, it will change nothing." - Iskandar Khayon, after surrendering himself, allowing Imperial agents to cripple him, and explaining the origins of the Black Legion to the Inquisition, drives home the point that no matter what the Imperium may do, Chaos is already triumphant

I don't have a line, but the overall final battle of Ressha Sentai ToQger is really a CMOA for the Red Ranger, Right. Starting off as a carefree young adult who takes almost everything very lightly, he's evolved into a truly worthy team leader.

After having been lost to pitch-black darkness, the connection between his friends lets him pull back from it and serve as his guide out, bringing with him the town he had lost a year ago, allowing him to finally see his family again.

However, Z (The big bad) is still around, bent on drowning the world in darkness just because the light can't be his. He's virtually unstoppable in battle, Right having previously resorted to channeling the darkness himself just to try and match him, but failed. Further still, his few remaining subordinates had previously sacrificed themselves to offer their darkness to Z, making him even stronger than ever before, to the point where merely flaring his aura is enough to demorph the team.

But Right doesn't back down. Z is a threat to everything he loves, and he's not about to let it be taken from him, even if it's a futile effort, Right won't stop fighting until his last breath is drawn. Because he's the only one strong enough to still fight, the rest of the ToQgers lend him their power, allowing Right to transform into their ToQger forms, despite the fact that doing so with the sixth Ranger's powers was impossible beforehand.

Ultimately, by combining all of their powers together, Right enters a new form, ToQ Rainbow. His body shines with bright light, the suit alternating between all the colors of the team, and he wields both his and the sixth Ranger's weapons in his hands, with a plain sweet light rock theme playing as the transformation unfolds. This form is powerful enough to allow him to absolutely demolish Z, slicing at him repeatedly and even shattering his sword. And, with a final finishing blast, Z's body is reduced to a formless mass of darkness and banished back to the darkness from whence he came, saving the world and allowing Right to return to his loved ones.

So yeah, a bit long, but it's really important to get the full context, I feel.

Another Sentai moment, because Sentai is awesome.

This one is from the newest iteration of the series, Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger. In the first episode, we're introduced to the to-be red Kyuranger, a guy by the name of "Lucky". Lucky is an upbeat and kind, but horribly stupid guy. Despite his stupidity, he's very brave.

When he stumbles upon a planet that was violently taken over by the "Jark Matter", a tyrannical civilization that has taken over the entire galaxy. He fights tooth and nail to save the natives of the planet, before even joining the Kyurangers. He puts up a good fight, but is ultimately overwhelmed by the Jark Soldiers. Since the Jark Matter views Lucky as no threat, they decide to "play" with him...by launching him into the depths of outer-freaking-space.

Now floating in outer-space, Lucky, whose barely alive and nearly frozen, just mutters "This is not how im going to die" and morphs into the Red Kyruanger for the first time. His morph is so power that it changes the entire color of the sky to red and makes the distant stars flair ever lighter as he flies to Earth in a meteor shower. It was awesome, to say the least.

Back