• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Right now I'm wishing I'd gotten around to making a CRT for Roland's magic resistance prior to this thread being made.

Even then, I'm not sure if it prevents this from being a stomp though.

A stomp? Oh, but why? Wasn't Roland's magic resistance enough to allow him to "defeat" Flagg (if the Dark Tower movie's really canon)?

Well yes, the film is canon and he did defeat Flagg thanks to his ability to resist magic. But he only resists hax stuff. Things like elemental magic and telekinesis can still harm and kill him.

I'll go ahead and think on it for a bit, though.

Now that Roland has all the buffs he's supposed to have, the question becomes "can Crowley non-magically kill Roland before the latter shoots his entire being dead"...

Flagg's TK can't affect Roland directly, and neither can his transmutation. (The only exception to this was when they were both inside Roland's lucid dream, since...well, that was a dreamscape, not the real world.) Throughout their fight in the film, the only way Flagg could use his TK to attack Roland was by hurling objects at him with it.

Also, if Crowley starts with any of his magic spells instead of...well, something else, it's going to fail somehow.

Oh, yes, I forgot about the movie. It's also canon, isn't it?

Well, happily Crowley does not have a preset of skills he would pick. He is quite random in his fights, you know. We have seen him exploding his enemies, atomizing them, mindhaxing them, soul haxing them, etc etc. And it never gives us a pattern.

But anyway, I suppose he could still atomize Roland. Flagg hasn't got atomic leveled Matter Manipulation, has he?

He could also... well, I don't know... Shoot him with his pistol? I mean, his bullets are actually angelic swords that he melted. It's doubtlessly gonna kill Roland if it hits him.

Also, I belive Crowley's speed advantage should give him an edge. He's probably going to be difficult to hit.

The "level" of Flagg's hax doesn't really matter. Roland's magic protection is literally just this guy saying "hell nah" to any magic that comes his way. Crowley would need to get past that in order to affect him with magic attacks.

I shouldn't have to tell you why getting into a gunfight with Roland is a really bad idea.

Flagg was faster than Roland and had no trouble catching his bullets, and he still lost in the end due to Roland outskilling him. The difference in speed between Roland and Crowley isn't really that big anyway. Not even a 3x gap.

Roland also has mind-reading, which he can use during combat situations, since he was shown using it when Eddie pulled a gun on him.

Man, Matter Manipulation in SPN is not a product of magic, you know.

Well, I suppose you're right about the rest. I still think Roland x Flagg in TDT film was PIS, but OK.

Crowley's probably resistant to telepathy. He wouldn't have tricked Lucifer all those times if the dude could have simply read his mind. Crowley should have some abilitites added too.

...It isn't?

Yeah, it was pretty dumb, I'll admit.

I mean, that could just as easily be a product of Lucifer not bothering to read his mind in the first place. One thing I definitely remember about SPN is the overabundance of characters not using common sense when it came to their abilities, and other things. (See: All of the times Lucifer and Castiel have gotten chumped by people they really shouldn't have, Lucifer failing to realize that Crowley's vessel was empty when he stuck that blade in him the one time...)

Every time it comes to Crowley, things are difficult. Because, you know, he's a complex character when it comes to his powers.

I mean, every character has the power to block teleportation. We see it when Crowley himself blocks Meg's capacity of teleporting so that he can attack her, or when God Castiel blocks Raphael's teleport, or when Naomi blocks Castiel teleportation, etc.

But then, Naomi could not stop Crowley from teleporting, nor could Lucifer himself. I mean, Crowley would not be able to do his epic "lol gotta go" and teleport away if they could.

That CRT for Crowley is really a must, oh God

Part of Crowley's ability to get away with teleporting out of places comes from the fact that he always waits to do it until he's hiding behind something or otherwise out of people's eyesight. Shit, one time he got knocked over the back of a couch and he used that as an opportunity to teleport while unseen.

The manner in which he goes about it doesn't imply that his teleportation simply can't be blocked.

What about when he lol teleports when in front of an enemy who is about to attack?

Like the scenes with Naomi or Lucifer.

Timing, probably? If the enemy is in the middle of an attack or spell, it'd take some serious dexterity to null his teleportation at exactly the same time. Or prior knowledge of the fact that he's going to teleport, which he doesn't exactly give people if he can help it.

Anyway, reading the mind of a demon turns out to be difficult, as we see when Oliver Pryce was unable to detect Abaddon inside of the woman she possessed.

Oliver's telepathy was immense. He read Sam's mind even before the latter got to his house.

Also, as any demon, Crowley can most likely read Roland's mind too. Unless, of course, his resistance feats turn out to be superior to Crowley's telepathy. Tough battle anyhow.

Flagg's telepathy can affect dozens to hundreds of beings (or things) at once, and can be used to read people's memories going all the way back to when they were young. He can't read Roland's mind at all.

However, if reading SPN demons' minds is difficult for properly experienced telepaths, then it's probably too much for Roland to do. He explicitly mentions in his own internal monologues that his telepathic powers are bottom-of-the-barrel compared to other people who are legitimately gifted in the Touch, including Jake, whose TP feats in the novels are pretty basic.

So I guess neither of them are using mental shenanigans anytime soon.

Back