• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Say one character enters a one-sided canon crossover. They only use the abilities gifted to them in said crossover, but it’s explicitly stated they still have their own powers from their verse. How does one classify this?

I think this is a good example, the character in question was stated (as well as shown) to have their standard/physical abilities in the crossover while gaining additional abilities from the crossover itself (Also this is an one-sided canon crossover too).

Generally we just give them stuff they are shown using in the crossover.

I meant generally we just give them what they've shown even with those statements.

Considering I have written up several one-sided crossover characters recently, you simply need to apply everything that is applicable from the verse to which the crossover character comes from, and apply the abilities from their source only if it is canonically confirmed they still have these abilities coming from their original verse.

Considering I have written up several one-sided crossover characters recently, you simply need to apply everything that is applicable from the verse to which the crossover character comes from, and apply the abilities from their source only if it is canonically confirmed they still have these abilities coming from their original verse.
It is confirmed they still have it, their powers come from them being a Half-Blood, which it confirms they still are in the Compendium.

If the crossover is part of a canon storyline, we are allowed to create a profile for the crossover version of the character.
If the ability is a big deal and we have reason to think the original character wouldn't have it (i.e. it is not something he would plausibly have/learn or an extension of something he can already do), or there is difference in Tier, creating a new profile for the crosover version might be worth it.

Because no matter how much you reword the question the answer stays the same.

If the crossover is part of a canon storyline, we are allowed to create a profile for the crossover version of the character.
If the ability is a big deal and we have reason to think the original character wouldn't have it (i.e. it is not something he would plausibly have/learn or an extension of something he can already do), or there is difference in Tier, creating a new profile for the crosover version might be worth it.
Yeah, there’s a huge difference in tier, and the abilities they have are pretty much the same as they do in their original source, just different applications.

The answer to this
Say one character enters a one-sided canon crossover. They only use the abilities gifted to them in said crossover, but it’s explicitly stated they still have their own powers from their verse. How does one classify this?
this
I understand that, but I want to know how we respond to this possibility.
and this
It is confirmed they still have it, their powers come from them being a Half-Blood, which it confirms they still are in the Compendium.
Are all the same. We only include stuff that is shown in the crossover.

The latter two are not questions, I think it’s fairly obvious by the lack of question marks.

If you’re going to just repeat the same thing over, then just leave, you’ve given your input, people clearly have other answers.

Back