• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Countering Unlimited Void? JJK

Thanks, Would something like this work as a counter? having an "Ideocosm" around one's head, transforming flesh and neurons into pure thought?

"Ideocosm" is described as a "Space of all possible ideas".
The Ideocosm, on the other hand, is the universe of all possible things and ideas. This is conceived of as having a universal, unique, and necessary structure that can be systematically and progressively explored, mapped, and exploited. It is supposed to have its own laws, phenomena, and even forces.

Someone with cosmic awareness might just ignore it as they process near immeasurable amounts of info more often than not, I thought nigh omniscients might me able to endure it, but knowledge isn’t the same as having high mental information processing speed.

As the Title says, what can counter Gojo’s Unlimited Void from JJK? Which is being bombarded with infinite information?
Omniscience or the capacity to take in that information and not be overwhelmed. Also resistance to paralysis inducement and perception manipulation can help too

Any ability that is based on the target's cognition, be faster than the division that Infinity performs because Infinity is an automatic process not a passive, power nullification, any ability that targets the actual space that Infinity covers[example: a bfr that moves to another location all the space that Infinity covers] because Infinity has a limited range in reality and etc; There must be more but that's what I thought now.

idk why people say Goku, If anything getting caught in unlimited void would kick him out of UI because he is forcibly having his mind process endless information which is the one thing he needs to not do even have the form active.

Naruto's Rasangan as we all know is able to erase Type 1 concepts on a boundless level before obtaining Six Paths Chakra. Before obtaining Six Paths Chakra, Naruto as a kid was able to slash through infinite boundless concepts.
could you elaborate please?

Any ability that is based on the target's cognition, be faster than the division that Infinity performs because Infinity is an automatic process not a passive, power nullification, any ability that targets the actual space that Infinity covers[example: a bfr that moves to another location all the space that Infinity covers] because Infinity has a limited range in reality and etc; There must be more but that's what I thought now.
The OP is talking about Unlimited Void, not Infinity

The OP is talking about Unlimited Void, not Infinity
fade-away-oooooooooooo.gif

I'm blind.

The character only needs to be able to absorb an amount of information greater than the rate of information sent from the unlimited void, having resistance to receiving information, having resistance to mental changes, not having a conventional mind.

Tempted to say comic book speedsters because they can do stuff super fast that isn’t just combat such as reading entire libraries and rebuilding collapsed buildings within fractions of a second so in essence processing complex tasks that’d take months/ weeks for anyone to do.

Speedsters who can only demonstrate levels of speed within combat might get screwed because they aren’t processing that much info at all.

On a serious note, either just straight up be resistant to this, have the capability to understand infinite information, or, my personal favorite, have the capability to become stronger with more knowledge.

For the last part, I'm mainly referring to Chinamen, since those mfs get stronger when they comprehend and get more information about the dao and the world. I honestly think if Gojo did this technique on some Chinamen, they would skyrocket to tier 2.

my personal favorite, have the capability to become stronger with more knowledge.

For the last part, I'm mainly referring to Chinamen, since those mfs get stronger when they comprehend and get more information about the dao and the world. I honestly think if Gojo did this technique on some Chinamen, they would skyrocket to tier 2.
Yes, that's why I said that eating information would be crazy, there are several characters that can do it, from a monstrous aggressive idea, a Mad scientist robot, funny Starfish, it's actually more common than people might expect.

Someone affected by Jailhouse lock from JoJo part 6 might be able to take it, considering you only get to keep 3 memories acquired after being affected by it. You'd still be stunned as the ability procs, but will likely be mostly fine by the time it ends. (Even if you could argue Unlimited Void could overpower the ability.)

Someone affected by Jailhouse lock from JoJo part 6 might be able to take it, considering you only get to keep 3 memories acquired after being affected by it. You'd still be stunned as the ability procs, but will likely be mostly fine by the time it ends. (Even if you could argue Unlimited Void could overpower the ability.)
Interesting idea. I suppose that getting hit with UV could count as either 1 memory or it could count for a lot, so you only end up retaining 3 bits of the information

Don't get me wrong, but I always though that UV put the target in a sensiry loop where the target will experience nonstop touch,smell,hearing... (because we don't see its victim gaining any knowledge from it)

Back