• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confused by Digimon Cosmology?

Tankirbmon

He/Him
so theres our world 3D. the network/metaverse/the wall that separates our world and the digital world 4D. the first physical layer of the digital World 5D. Clockmon being Low 1-C makes sense since he can destroy the physical layer of the digital world. the 4 Holy Beasts exist above the physical layer of the digital world so they're 6D? However this must be wrong since they're ranked 1-C meaning they would be at minimum 7D

so lets try something new. our world is 3D. our multiverse would be 4D. the wall should be 5Dsince it's beyond our multiverse? and the digital world would be 6D. the Digital World Multiverse would be 7D and the realm that the 4 Holy Beasts reside in are 8D? The Kernal is above that so they would be 9D but Yggdrasil destroying the kernal is ranked as a high 1-C feat. Which would mean that the Kernal has to be 10D at minimum.

Pls I need help understanding digimon cosmology. I need to know which Dimension each realm is at and why they're at that level.
I hope I'm not just being an idiot cause my brain is completely scrambled trying to figure how clockmon can be low 1-C while the 4 Holy beasts are 1-C and Yggdrasil destroying the kernal being high 1-C While the mother eater being even higher than Yggdrasil being at High 1-C

Last edited:
I always wondered what this meant:
ESbSSxyXsAAs1aS.jpg

If these six layers correlate to a layered wall, that would mean the physical layer of the Digital World is beyond a dimensional wall of six layers.
If the human world is 4D, would that mean that the physical layer exists beyond six dimensions higher than the human world, making the physical layer of the Digital World 11D on its own?

I always wondered what this meant:
ESbSSxyXsAAs1aS.jpg

If these six layers correlate to a layered wall, that would mean the physical layer of the Digital World is beyond a dimensional wall of six layers.
If the human world is 4D, would that mean that the physical layer exists beyond six dimensions higher than the human world, making the physical layer of the Digital World 11D on its own?
honestly, thats what I thought it meant at first and I only recently realized it's not. if the base physical layer of the digital world was 11D then that would mean that digimon is 1-B. I feel like I have to be wrong about this somehow cause there's no way that a detail like this would just be ignored

A scaling only due to planes of existence and emanationism wouldn't be enough to the higher tiers. So the reason for why the different layers of the Digital World are accepted as they are, are due to not only the "difference in level of existence", but also due to each layer having a "Multiverse" of their own. So you could say that is due to multiverses within multiverses.

But, only the layers of the Digital World are accepted as having that due to they having the servers, so levels of a multiverse. The lower layers of the network aren't accepted due to not having such "multiverses" and also due to the whole "emanationism" thing being a reference to the Digital World and the Real World, so in the thread that the cosmology was updated, it was said that due to the network and its 6 layers never having such statements about being a "physical-metaphysical difference" based on Platonism or not having whole multiverses in each layer, the layers of the common network wouldn't be accepted.

Also, the Digital World has multiple layers with the multiverses in each of them. So if the basic layer of the Digital World is 5D, then there's an unknown number of layers up until the level of the Four Holy Beasts. Since the number is unknown, we just say 2~3+. As far as we know, there could have infinite layers between them, we just don't know, so we use the lowest value possible.

A scaling only due to planes of existence and emanationism wouldn't be enough to the higher tiers. So the reason for why the different layers of the Digital World are accepted as they are, are due to not only the "difference in level of existence", but also due to each layer having a "Multiverse" of their own. So you could say that is due to multiverses within multiverses.

But, only the layers of the Digital World are accepted as having that due to they having the servers, so levels of a multiverse. The lower layers of the network aren't accepted due to not having such "multiverses" and also due to the whole "emanationism" thing being a reference to the Digital World and the Real World, so in the thread that the cosmology was updated, it was said that due to the network and its 6 layers never having such statements about being a "physical-metaphysical difference" based on Platonism or not having whole multiverses in each layer, the layers of the common network wouldn't be accepted.

Also, the Digital World has multiple layers with the multiverses in each of them. So if the basic layer of the Digital World is 5D, then there's an unknown number of layers up until the level of the Four Holy Beasts. Since the number is unknown, we just say 2~3+. As far as we know, there could have infinite layers between them, we just don't know, so we use the lowest value possible.
ok so the 4 holy beasts are 7-8D+ but then what about Yggdrasil destroying the kernel being rated at high 1-C?

If I remember correctly, the accepted cosmology is

Physical World - 4D

Digital World Physical Layer - 5D

Various "layers" of existence with their own multiverses - 6D~7D~8D (We consider existing 3 layers, at least)

Four Holy Beasts - 9D

Yggdrasil - 10D

At least this is what I can remember.

there's still an unknown number of layers beyond the eaters, the work of gods, starting at 12D and expanding beyond it

Back