• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conan of Cimmeria - decompositing

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
The Conan page is pretty bad. This is gonna be short and simple but it's composited across several different continuities and even if it wasn't, t wouldn't be very good. Here's a quick overview of the sources I recognize.
  • "Can decapitate skulls with a single blow" - First scan is from Savage Sword of Conan #205 by Marvel while latter scans appear to be from the Dark Horse. Needless to say, these are NOT canon to each other. Additionally, he doesn't really...decapitate a thing, he knows a skull off of a skeleton. The reason why feats like decapitation yield high results is because of muscle tissue on top of skull stuff but this is just knocking a skull off a neck bone
  • "Outran a greyhound" - Seems to be from the Dark Horse run as well.
  • "Reacted to a bullet" - This is taken from one of the three issues of Marvel What If? where Conan goes to the modern age. I don't know the specific issue, but each of these are different reality versions of Conan, so not the same person.
Most of the other feats are things I could not identify but look like they're from the various Marvel runs on the character, so in theory you could convert this into a Conan (Marvel Comics) page, but even then I'd disagree since his feats in those comics are consistently a bit more...nuts. One of his first stories involves him pushing a massive battering ram at insane speeds with his own hands and a single other man, for reference.

And you might've noticed that none of the Conan feats on the profile are actually from the original source material. A good chunk of the original Howard Conan stories can be read for free online (search "Conan") so if anyone wants to help me make better Conan pages, please let me know. (P.S. he has a 9-A feat in Shadows in the Moonlight).

Edit:
I think the Conan pages should be structured as following
  • Conan the Cimmerian (original) - Original Howard continuity
  • Conan the Cimmerian (Marvel Comics) - Marvel 616 canon
  • Conan the Cimmerian (Dark Horse) - Dark Horse canon
  • Conan the Barbarian (1982 film) and (2011 film) resectively
These are the major canons. From there, there are specific continuities per writers and video games that may warrant profiiles but are of a lower priority.

Back