• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Cat vs. Composite Canid (Both Real World)

59cfc06fd3b1936210a5ddb6
Canid
Since my last attempt at a fight right after a profile came out turned out great, (actually a horrendous tech stomp tank battle) but anyways, let's pit composite versions of the two most popular pets against each other. Standard Battle Assumptions but speed equalized.

Composite Cat:3

Composite Canid:0

Inconclusive:0

Cat via versality, agility and sheer size/power advantage. The canid does likely have much higher stamina and is also a good distance smarter though.

Cat. Bigger, more agile, more flexible, more stealthy. Unlike canid, it has both bite and claw advantage. Doggy's stamina doesn't matters much cause the match ends quiet fast. KO either by neck snap or skull crush.

Yeah, pretty much like above.

At the same size though, I would favor the canid. It's just as agile (a lone wolf dodged the charges of a muskoxen until it was too tired to fight), tougher (wolves have survived full on gorings and tramplings from bisons and stood up to kill the bison), has more stamina (wolves are persistance predators while felines are ambush predators) and most significantly, a stronger bite. This doesn't just give a higher damage output, but also allows the dog to control the fight with jaw grappling, a tactic employed mainly by canids and hyenas to bring down their enemies without the use of their forelimbs. Speaking of forelimbs, Epicyon could use its claws and paws to fight as well, so the cat's claws won't be a significant advantage.

Canids have non retractable and mostly blunt claws, and cannot use it as efficiently as felids. And regarding the bite, lionesses have been seen surviving assault of multiple hyenas, which have greater bite force than most canids. So the doggy wouldn't do any major damage in short time. Cougars have been reported killing lone grey wolves of similar sizes. The canid cannot bite on the Felix's most vital point- the neck, due to mane protection. If it attempts to bite other places, it will definitely get swiped or bitten by the flexible cat. One bite on neck or skull of the canid and it will be immobilized till death.

Yes, I understand the claws argument, but what I mean is that it won't simply be outgrappled at similar sizes. And claws aren't killing weapns in the first place, they're used for gripping. The reason why lioness can survive many attacks from hyenas is their size. A lioness will be multiple times bigger than even a matriarch spotted hyena. No, cougars have never been recorded killing sizeable male wolves face-to-face. If anything, coyotes have been reported killing lynxes face to face. It doesn't matter if the mane is there, once the dog gets a hold, it can ragdoll the cat to the ground. Heck, the dog won't even be trying to bite the neck. Wolves and spitz dogs employ the skull bite tactic to end the fight quickly. No mane is helping against that. Wolves have survived skull bites from cougars and other wolves, a single bite will be far from enough to immobilize the dog.

Kazanshin said:
Yes, I understand the claws argument, but what I mean is that it won't simply be outgrappled at similar sizes. And claws aren't killing weapns in the first place, they're used for gripping.
Yet can kill humans with a swipe, and one swipe at abdomen will spill out guts.

Kazanshin said:
Wolves and spitz dogs employ the skull bite tactic to end the fight quickly. No mane is helping against that.
If it bites the skull (I assume size equal), then the cat count attacks with hindlimbs equipped with claws at the dog's face or abdomen, which will force it to leave if not severely damage it.

"Wolves have survived skull bites from cougars and other wolves, a single bite will be far from enough to immobilize the dog"

Not with the power of Jaguar, it can crush turtle shells and alligator skulls

"wolves have survived full on gorings and tramplings from bisons and stood up to kill the bison"

Lions survive stabbings from buffalos and kicks from giraffes

"a lone wolf dodged the charges of a muskoxen until it was too tired to fight"

Code:
That's nothing in front of the reaction feat I posted above. And a cat can deliver multiple punches per second,I doubt doggy could Dodge that.

No cat has ever killed a grown man with a claw swipe apart from lions or tigers which are multiple times bigger than humans. Do you honestly think I never heard of that incident? The guy said that the two animals were distacted by the witness, and only then did the cougar manage to kill the distacted wolf. Until then, the wolf had the advantge. How would the hindlimbs reach the face? And it would barely take five seconds for the dog to crush the cat's skull once it gets it in his jaws.A jaguar can crush the shell of a turtle dozens, if not hundreds of times smaller than itself. And alligators are caught by surprise.

"And it would barely take five seconds for the dog to crush the cat's skull once it gets it in his jaws"

5 seconds? On a similar sized skull? Any feat on that? And btw, I am done with size equalising.

Back