• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Complete matter destruction"

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
What it says in the title. If the attack of a character has "completely destroyed matter itself", how it can be calced? Like, atomization, subatomization, annihilation? Which value do i use?

I believe that the closest thing to "complete matter destruction" is annihilation. I mostly wanted to know which degree of destruction we would consider for calc purpose, if it's only a statement like this.

@Teen Yeeeeah that's really outdated. All you have to do is take the volume of a human and multiply it by 5.403e+13

@J-Man

I already know how to calculate the various degrees of destruction (although that blog will be useful in the future, thanks), the question is more which degree of destruction we consider for calc purpose with a statement like this one.

Fun fact, I using the values TheJ-ManRequiem gave for other feats to see what the highest possible values for feats can be.

I did one for this feat from My Hero Academia:

http://m.*************/manga/boku_no_hero_academia/c093/16.html

Apparently, if you use Annihilation of Rock, this feat is 24 Petatons or Multi-Continent/High 6-A

We should make a fun and games thread where we take feats and replace it with Annihilation to see how high they can get.

I remember Darkanine calculated subatomizing a bucket at 7-A, and a small jet at somewhere in tier 6 (iirc, Island level, but that doesn't sound right)

But i want to know if that statement count as subatomization, annihilation or something else :/

Like, the feat that i have in mind is 6-C/High 6-C if this is annihilation, but it's obviously lower if it's sub-atomization/atomization. What i need to know is if which value i should use

I confused. What's the difference between annihilation and sub-atomization (or the others), and what makes the former give higher values? I though sub-atomizing was the highest we could go?

Anyway, to answer your question, it's hard to tell for every instance. According to our calculations page, we need explicit mention of the scale of destruction (or something similar/reminiscent) once you pass vaporization, so you might have to use that. Or even as low as pulverization. But if I'm not being a low-ending jerk, assuming it's not flowery language, it'd likely be the highest scale of destruction, which is apparently annihilation now.

Annihilation is a poor man's mass-energy, basically. It's the thing that happen when antimatter and matter collide. It's higher than sub-atomization, although the gap isn't as hilariously big as the one between sub-atomization and atomization.

It doesn't only happen with antimatter though, enough energy can do it as well.

Define Saint Seiya-esque.

If it means "using an attack that looks like energy opposed to waving your hand and decomposing the enemy", then yes

So it can count as AP or not? It's basically a sphere of energy that obliterates all the matter in a radius of 2 metres or so.

Although technically, I suppose that subatomic destruction is already "destruction of matter" seeing how afterwards we are talking about particles and not elements

WeeklyBattles said:
@Teen Yeeeeah that's really outdated. All you have to do is take the volume of a human and multiply it by 5.403e+13
To my knowledge that calc is pretty up to date. Where do you take 5.4e+13 from?

I know that as sub-atomic destruction of rock.... which is obvisouly different than that of a human.

In regards to the statement... Well, as the calculation pages state atomization, subatomic destruction and mass energy (annihilation) are only used if specifically stated.

Technically even an electron is technically matter, so if we go strictly it's either unquantifiable or mass-energy. But there are reasons for mass-energy requiring specific statement.

Without further information it probably is not a good idea to calc it, since it could very well be turning matter into nothingness which results in it being hax, as others said.

As a low end one could use vaporization if it isn't hax, but that is probably not satisfying given the statement.

It doesn't only happen with antimatter though, enough energy can do it as well.
Interesting. I only ever read of annihilation as collision of particle-antiparticle. Do you have some article on that? I am curious.

It doesn't appear to be erasure, given that it's visibly destroyed instead of simply disappearing.

About the antimatter thing, not sure exactly where I read but it was something about enough energy being (theoretically) able to generate the antimatter and causing the annihilation.

What do you mean with "visibly destroyed"?

That there is an explosion or something? Parts being turned to nothing doesn't exclude things like causing explosions.

Well, the answer stays basically the same either way. Wouldn't assume E=mc^2 if that isn't what it is stated to be.

Well, energy can do pair production creating matter and antimatter equally (always equally as far as I am aware, due to conservation law reasons). I suppose the resulting antimatter can then again annihilate with matter. (Albeit the total amount of matter would stay the same in that case)

Crack then vanish while being destroyed as the energy sphere thing expand. But yeah, no E=Mc^2. And at this point no calc either.

Well I do not recall the details of the article, just something that was along those lines.

Back