• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Common Feat Issue - Destroying/Creating a Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
The References for Common Feats page includes this calc which I take partial issue with.

It says it can be used for the creation of forests, but we don't treat creation feats as equal to destruction feats in that way any more; we quantify them based on comparing their mass to the table on the Creation Feats page.

I'd like to resolve this by changing the name of that section and rewording the calc to make it clear that it's only about destruction, but I think that would require the help of a bot to apply, since links to subsections of a page can't be manually checked on such a wide scale.

If we also want to include creation there, I just whipped up this calc (currently unaccepted) that would put that at 9-A.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

I looked around the website linked in the original calc, and found this page, which says that when planting for reforestation, trees per acre varies from 435-726, and when planting for wildfire enhancement, trees per acre varies from 194-435. That seems to be where the number's from. I'll tidy up the link to go to the exact page. I can alter the link in the references for common feats page, if necessary.

I looked around the website linked in the original calc, and found this page, which says that when planting for reforestation, trees per acre varies from 435-726, and when planting for wildfire enhancement, trees per acre varies from 194-435. That seems to be where the number's from. I'll tidy up the link to go to the exact page. I can alter the link in the references for common feats page, if necessary.
That's much better.

Bump!

Uhh, is there a good way to deal with the links that may be broken by changing that section name?

Actually, I think I could just merge the calc I did and the one currently on the page, and list both ends under that section.

Does that sound fine?

Actually, I think I could just merge the calc I did and the one currently on the page, and list both ends under that section.

Does that sound fine?
Seems good I guess. But be sure to keep the Destroying ends and Creating Ends separate.

Is there anything else left to do here? Or should I ask someone to close the thread?

Yeah this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back