• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why is he labelled Sub-Relativistic for the laser dodging? He can easily exceed the same enemies attack speed in game and the plot required Sonic to move at speeds faster than light to even use the time signs
Light speed copy
Even when comparing his most casual movement to all the lasers in the classic era games you'd still get relativistic at worst.

His Super-Peel Out or Spindash may even be FTL+ for all we know if their speed were to be compared to the light beams.

There was already a FTL calc for him dodging the Hotaru beam but nobody seemed to pay it any attention either.

Alright then, I still think Classic Sonic could do with a revision there as he's been able to outspeed lasers several times even in classic era. And like I said in CD he can still outspeed those lasers easy with a spindash or super peel out, even when doing a casual walk compared to them it'd be beyond what he's pegged at here.

I could probably find more if I just look through the classic games some more. Sonic 4 counts as Classic Sonic right?

I thought the Mania one was confirmed to be from another dimension at this point, it also is able to damage Sonic Forces Eggman like the others can too which would probably bump it up a bit.

Mania Sonic is the same as Generations Sonic, he is still a past Sonic, it's just Generations split the timeline, thus Mania is canon to Classic characters but not modern

Classic Sonic beating Chaos is a outlier

I didn't even know he beat Chaos. He beat Eggman in Forces too with that mech he used near the end of Unleashed as well.

Where? From "this Egg Dragoon has only lost 10% of its combat strength" when it lost health?

I checked again, he only says that after he loses health.

Also back on speed: https://youtu.be/lg7yupvQhFg?t=3 the Laser Walker shoots lasers that even reflect off the metal surfaces

https://youtu.be/PgZhMNS9PSI?t=7755 Eggrobo in Sonic 3 & Knuckles shoots lasers from its laser pistol, they have the perfect appearance of lasers and are even referred to as such in Eggrobo's smash trophy, I know it's Super Smash Bros and it's obviously removed from Sonic canon but the trophy descriptions are used to deliver factoids about things and it's very clear the intention is there.

The only one I saw got over the speed of light and it wasn't accepted apparently. Where is the sub-relativistic calc may I ask?

Back