• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Classic monster fight- Dracula vs the Frankenstein monster

In celebration of the approaching Halloween, here's a fight between two iconic monsters.

It's Transylvania, one hour until dawn. Dracula is out hunting for humans and animals to feed on, when he spots Adam (what Mary Shelly called the monster in letters), and decides to make him his next meal. Dracula vs the monster. Adam has seen some of Van Hellsing's notes, so he understands Dracula's weaknesses.

Okay... So we're putting a vampire against basically a zombie without all the "turn people into zombie" bullcrap that real zombies didn't have in the first place (just ask your local Haitian witch doctor). Hmm...

While I'm not sure if Dracula can really corrupt a technically-undead being, nor am I sure how strong one had to be to pull an arm off, it is possible for Dracula to distract Frankenstein's monster with wolves. Not sure if Frankenstein would know any of dracula's weaknesses, and if he were to figure one out, it would be by pure chance. Granted there's no doubt that wooden stakes are something early man can make use of since they involve basic tool-making skills, but still.

Dunno how Frankenstein's monster can get around Dracula's durability without daylight or the ability to figure out Dracula's weaknesses, and its practically impossible for Dracula to harm Frankenstein's monster due to the monster's durability and pain resistance. Hmm...

I'm gonna vote Inconclusive here because there's really too many unknowns to work with to effectively decide between the two.

Well, if the monster can make it to dawn, he should be able to win. The question is if he can avoid having his blood drained/being torn apart by wolves (either ones Dracula summons or Dracula himself when he turns into one) for an entire hour. Dracula also has hypnosis, which could briefly stun the monster.

I feel like Dracula's abilities give him a bit too much versatility for the Creature to deal with. Maybe give the Creature some prior knowledge (he seen notes from Dr. Van Helsings work or something like that) in order to even the odds. That way, he actually has some clue of how to win. Because iirc, his main fighting method is to try and overwhelm his foes with his supernatural strength, which is a bad idea as Dracula has numerous means of keeping away from the creature (turning into mist, a bat etc) and his durability is too high for him to be damaged. From there, he's basically but him in close range to Drac and is now in serious danger of getting killed.

Just my 2 cents

Alright, now its a matter if the Creature can utilize his knowledge to stay alive long enough to kill Dracula or let the sun do his job for him

Even with prior knowledge, its still gonna be hard for the Creature to actually strike Drac due to his numerous abilities. Its not really a matter of intelligence, as someone as smart as Frankenstein's Monster would most certainly be able to use his knowledge to help him in the fight, but the fact that he will not have access to many of the tools he needs. FM is out in Transylvania in a random encounter with Dracula, so he doesn't have garlic, crosses, mountain ash, etc on his person.

His best bet is to either use whatever he has around him to form a makeshift cross to stun Dracula, forcing him to back off, and giving the Monster enough time to gather materials from around town. However, he's gonna have to do this while dealing with Dracula's animal minions, but I think he is skilled enough to fend off/evade them given what he accomplished in the novel.

I'm actually having trouble calling this one. On one hand, FM, with prior knowledge, can definitely force Dracula to either retreat or trap him, but Dracula's no slouch in intelligence either, and has much more experience with his magic, which still grants him a major versatility advantage

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
7-C isn't a direct focused attack. I mean, storms happen around me all the time and I survive. Heck so does my house. 7-C house?
Makes sense I guess. So the 7-C is only suitable for AOE fodder clearing, but not suitable for 1 on 1 fights then.

Imo in this setting, Frankenstein literally has 0 ways of harming Dracula(Dracula's durability is 9-A, Frankentein only has 9-B AP), his only bet would be trying to outlast dracula for one hour.

Dracula, on the other hand can damage Frankenstein over time by biting him around the arteries, causing more and more blood to flow out of him. Dracula can hasten the process via blood sucking as well. This could kill Frankenstein via bloodloss?

I don't see Frankenstein suviving severe blood loss considering he nearly died once from a gunshot to the chest .

A major difference between them is that Dracula has piercing attacks, but Frankenstein does not.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Adam does have the notes on Dracula's weaknesses though, and given that they are in a forest, Adam could just use any wood nearby as a stake.
If both of them are equal in strength and speed, it will basically turn into a wrestling match betwen both of them. Imo, a logical scenario would be dracula and frankenstein locked in a pushing match, with frankenstein trying to stab dracula, while dracula ttries to push his hands away from him.

They would both be locked into a standstill. So it will become like a battle of stamina (Dracula can still breakout any time if he feels tired, though, by transforming into mist).

Now, what Dracula has that frankenstein do not are his fangs and claws .

Dracula can still dig his claws deep into frankenstein's flesh during the wrestling, and he can bite frankenstein as well. Frankenstein has no such advantages. So frankenstein would lose the endurance match due to bloodloss.

I can see Dracula winning this match up 7-8/10 simply because he has too many versatile advantages on his side, unlike frankenstein who was merely his physical equal.

Ohh in fact, Dracula cannot lose in a stamina-battle as well because he has limitless stamina. This would tip the balance even more favourably to Dracula instead.

Well, grace ended a long time ago, so I don't know if we can restart this now. Even if we could, it should be noted that Adam is physically stronger and faster than Dracula (Dracula is 9-C while Adam is 9-B, and Dracula's speed is somewhat slower than a wolf, while Adam has been compared to an eagle). This was really a test of strength, speed, and intelligence pitted against durability, versatality, and experience. Dracula is weaker, slower, and marginally less intelligent than Adam, but he is far more experienced, durable, and versatile. If anyone wants to restart this, they should make another thread. As of now, the results are in at inconclusive, which has long since been added to both profiles.

Back