• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Claire Stanfield (Baccano!) vs Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara)

Round 1: Inside the Flying Pussyfoot.

Round 2: In Shibuya, in front of 109 Building.

Both bloodlusted and know each other's capabilities.

Due to Word of God, these 2 characters are of the same tier. Vino lacks some feats but the author said he can solo the rest of the Baccano cast except the demon iirc. Speed equalized, if need be.

Judging from what I've seen and read (not the novels, but feats from other threads involving the two), Shizuo has the edge in strength and durability. However, I think that Claire/Vino can outspeed Shizuo. Claire also has the skills of an assassin and is a trained acrobat.

IrMaXuS said:
Judging from what I've seen and read (not the novels, but feats from other threads involving the two), Shizuo has the edge in strength and durability. However, I think that Claire/Vino can outspeed Shizuo. Claire also has the skills of an assassin and is a trained acrobat.
so.....your suggesting a speed blitz type of kill?...no shizuo can take a lot more damage than all the main cast of baccano getting killed by speed is unlikely the only edge felix has is close quarters which is evidently better than shizuo but before he can kill or damage shizuo he'll throw him into a nearby shopping district IMO

KuroSleepyAsh said:
so.....your suggesting a speed blitz type of kill?...no shizuo can take a lot more damage than all the main cast of baccano getting killed by speed is unlikely the only edge felix has is close quarters which is evidently better than shizuo but before he can kill or damage shizuo he'll throw him into a nearby shopping district IMO
I'm not so sure who would win myself, but I think Claire has enough strength to do decent amounts of damage to Shizuo (His confrontation with Graham Specter likely puts Claire on the same tier of strength as Graham, who could effortlessly dismantle a car in the air and create craters on concrete) and has more than enough speed to atleast keep up with him. While a hit or two from Shizuo could be fatal for Claire, Shizuo seems to have a hard time dealing with a nimble target (As shown with his encounters with Izaya) and Claire is a freakin' acrobat that dodges bullets with ease.

IrMaXuS said:
KuroSleepyAsh said:
I'm not so sure who would win myself, but I think Claire has enough strength to do decent amounts of damage to Shizuo (His confrontation with Graham Specter likely puts Claire on the same tier of strength as Graham, who could effortlessly dismantle a car in the air and create craters on concrete) and has more than enough speed to atleast keep up with him. While a hit or two from Shizuo could be fatal for Claire, Shizuo seems to have a hard time dealing with a nimble target (As shown with his encounters with Izaya) and Claire is a freakin' acrobat that dodges bullets with ease.
ok i'll answer some point's..

• Comparing Felix to graham is pretty much null and soes not really prove much..though graham is one of the most powerful character's in bacanno he pretty much uses a wrench instead of his bare hands most of the time.he is also fodder to ladd who is also fodder to felix FYI
  • the only reason izaya was able to escape shizuo was because he's smart his nimbility is the second factor and comparing izaya who can leap through suburban buliding to felix in terms of nimbility is not really that useful
still think shizuo has this

KuroSleepyAsh said:
IrMaXuS said:
KuroSleepyAsh said:
ok i'll answer some point's..
  • Comparing Felix to graham is pretty much null and soes not really prove much..though graham is one of the most powerful character's in bacanno he pretty much uses a wrench instead of his bare hands most of the time.he is also fodder to ladd who is also fodder to felix FYI
  • the only reason izaya was able to escape shizuo was because he's smart his nimbility is the second factor and comparing izaya who can leap through suburban buliding to felix in terms of nimbility is not really that useful
still think shizuo has this
Graham was not at all a fodder to Ladd. In fact, Ladd barely won their battle. Had their battle continued longer, I dare say Graham could possibly win. Graham didn't suffer any injuries from their fight iirc. And about Graham using his wrench, it's not like anyone with a wrench can make huge craters in concrete. Besides, Graham keeping a car suspended in the air till he dismantles it cannot be attributed to his wrech.

I don't think intelligence matters that much when it comes to dodging. The point I'm making is that Shizuo can't land a solid hit to Izaya even when he tries his best to do so. Claire toys around and dodges every attack from casual bullet timers, I'm sure he's close to or equal to Izaya when it comes to being nimble (Not to mention Claire is a tier above Izaya from Narita's tierlist).

I see that most people here do not know much about baccano. First of all In terms of strength claire is way above both ladd and graham due being able to easily overpower a character like Christopher. Second of all in terms of feats baccano has arguably the best striking strength feat(ladd) and speed feats of the two verse. And lastly claire is a way suprior fighter and merciless whats stopping him from bursting shizuo's eyeballs. Also stop comparing izaya and claire its kind of insulting due to how superior fighter claire is.

-BANLK- said:
I see that most people here do not know much about baccano. First of all In terms of strength claire is way above both ladd and graham due being able to easily overpower a character like Christopher. Second of all in terms of feats baccano has arguably the best striking strength feat(ladd) and speed feats of the two verse. And lastly claire is a way suprior fighter and merciless whats stopping him from bursting shizuo's eyeballs. Also stop comparing izaya and claire its kind of insulting due to how superior fighter claire is.
I have only seen the anime of Baccano and Durarara so my knowledge of the feats are as limited as to what was adapted into the anime (unless you count those I've come across wikis and stuff), so sorry lol. Anyway, I'm kinda convinced myself that Claire is the better fighter than Izaya and that Claire is more likely faster too but I didn't know any feats to back my assumption.

Question: Is Claire fast enough to speedblitz Shizuo? I think Shizuo has enough reaction speed to atleast avoid getting directly hit at vital body parts like the eyes. The rest of Shizuo's body seems durable enough to tank a few or more blows from Claire so that could be a problem. I agree that Claire is agile enough to run circles around Shizuo though.

I would also like to add that shizuo has a tendency to tank any incoming attacks(mostly) well it would give claire an obvious advantage also considering the fact claire is ridiculous faster and also has a tendency to dodge all incoming attacks. Claire is also always potrayed as a kind of auto-win flawless character in bacanno so I think the victor here is pretty obvious. Also even if claire cant do much massive damage to shizuo. Shizuo has no hope of even touching him.

I don't know much about Baccano, but if Claire's speed stat on his page is right I doubt Shizuo will land a hit on him, since Durarara doesn't seem to have any good speed feats beyond Superhuman (The feat on Shizuo's page is aim dodging, the one on Celty's might be anime-only and I'm not sure about Izaya's) As mentioned by -BANLK-, Claire will likely fight dirty and attack Shizuo's soft spots, like his eyes, once he figures out normal blows don't do the trick. Even Varona realized this during her first encounter with Shizuo and Celty had to save his ass from being shot in the eye.

Well, looks like the favor is on Claire now huh. Though, is anyone here reading or have read the Durarara novels? I have a feeling that the anime may have skipped or haven't reached some of Shizuo's feats yet since Claire and Shizuo is said to be on the same tier by the author which means that Shizuo, in terms of fighting, is above all characters from Baccano and Durarara except Claire himself and the demon Ronnie. And this wouldn't make much sense if characters like Graham and Ladd could outspeed and maybe kill Shizuo (Like LazyHunter said, Shizuo's feat was only aim dodging while Graham deflects and even caught a bullet with his wrench)

I've read some of them and I have access to most of the first series LNs (missing 2, 3, 11 and 12). The problem is that I've already confirmed that some parts of the anime changed stuff and feats, so any anime feat like Celty slicing several bullets is now dubious, since so far the two instances I've found of her facing bullets have been her making a shadow wall when she notices someone is about to shoot her. So basically unless the admins accept the Naritaverse and allow series cross-scaling, Durarara!! is stuck with no good speed feats. Unless someone can tell me in which novel those justifications for Izaya's speed come from, since if those are true maybe we could bump him and other top tiers to subsonic speed. Otherwise he, Shizuo and Celty should probably be downgraded to Superhuman.

LazyHunter said:
I've read some of them and I have access to most of the first series LNs (missing 2, 3, 11 and 12). The problem is that I've already confirmed that some parts of the anime changed stuff and feats, so any anime feat like Celty slicing several bullets is now dubious, since so far the two instances I've found of her facing bullets have been her making a shadow wall when she notices someone is about to shoot her. So basically unless the admins accept the Naritaverse and allow series cross-scaling, Durarara!! is stuck with no good speed feats. Unless someone can tell me in which novel those justifications for Izaya's speed come from, since if those are true maybe we could bump him and other top tiers to subsonic speed. Otherwise he, Shizuo and Celty should probably be downgraded to Superhuman.
I know this might not be reliable coming from Baccano wikia and a blog about Naritaverse but I'd like to confirm if this is true as it can give us an idea what Shizuo's speed range is: Nile from Baccano (Apparently one of the immortals from Advenna Avis) has fought Shizuo and lost. And the same Nile defeated Christopher who is in turn, stronger than both Ladd and Graham. So therefore, whether cross scaling is accepted or not doesn't become an issue since we have a character that fought with characters from both series. By powerscaling, Shizuo should have speed to overpower Nile.

I confirmed where that idea comes from in the content revision thread. As I mention there, the fan-translation has a note mentioning Nile, but I don't understand the assumption, since Shizuo simply mentions a "tough foreigner". Maybe Baccano mentions the fight, I don't know. Even if it were Nile, we'd need the admins to accept the Naritaverse before feats and scaling from Baccano could be used in Durarara.

There's also the question if Baccano's speed/reaction feats are in the novels or if they are anime-only like Durarara's.

I would appriciate it if the verdict of this fight is not added to either of the profiles as the Author has stated both the characters to be on equal footing. We also cannot put this thread in the inclusive matches as we all(i think) have come to the conclusion that Claire takes this fight... @LazyHunter unlike Durarara there are legit casual supersonic feats in the baccano light novels eg. A character called frank being able to cross 20 meters faster than the blink of an eye, ladd's punches at one point being described as fast as bullets, claire casually deflecting bullets at point blank range with a spear, claire easily speedblitzing a casual bullet timer like cristopher etc.

Well, it's good to know Baccano does have feats to use, though I wouldn't take descriptions such as "fast as a bullet/lightning" literally without other feats that support them, which the series seems to have, as they are common hyperboles. As for not adding the verdict, you don't have to worry about that, since there aren't enough votes to do it anyway (3-1 for Claire winning so far).

LazyHunter said:
I confirmed where that idea comes from in the content revision thread. As I mention there, the fan-translation has a note mentioning Nile, but I don't understand the assumption, since Shizuo simply mentions a "tough foreigner". Maybe Baccano mentions the fight, I don't know. Even if it were Nile, we'd need the admins to accept the Naritaverse before feats and scaling from Baccano could be used in Durarara.
There's also the question if Baccano's speed/reaction feats are in the novels or if they are anime-only like Durarara's.
Oh, so we're not 100% sure whether it was Nile that was defeated by Shizuo? Then that really is a problem. Though, if it were Nile, doesn't that allow for cross scaling? Since both series are from the same author, if Nile fights someone from both series, I don't see any problem with cross scaling.

Also, -BANLK- mentioned a speed/reaction feat of Claire in a previous reply. Something about deflecting bullets wtih a spear, point blank. So I guess Claire's speed in his profile here is on point.

Round 1: Seems hard. Close space...50/50 to both. If Claire manages to get a hold of Shizuo or appears behind Shizuo with a gun pointed at his(Shizuo) head. He wins. If Shizuo manages to hit/land a punch on Claire. He wins via one hit due to overpowered force. Question is IF HE CAN HIT Claire.

Round 2: Claire. He's the god version of Izaya.

Claire. If the railtracer is bloodlusted you know what happens. Bodies everywhere soak in blood.

By the way, would giving them standard combat equipment (ex: knife, gun, etc) make this battle more decisive? I think it'd only give Claire a massive advantage as having weapons would give him the means to bypass Shizuo's durability while Shizuo doesn't have much skill with using weapons (unless you count going berserk with a traffic sign/pole and tossing vending machines as being skillful with weaponry)

Back