• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

China man fights glasses man

Yang Kai starts with Time Flies Seal
his most potent abilities are his Mind, Memory, Soul Manipulation and His Space Principles.

As for the counter to KS, The Knowledge Sea contains the Mind, Memory and Soul and exists in a different space within body.

Uhh like 90% of the times he uses Time Flies Seal it's used as a last resort, so i wouldn't really call that an opening move, and Aizen is immortal so it's not affecting him either way

Kyouka suigetsu affects all senses you have, so not sure what the knowledge sea is going to do about that, it's pretty much just an inner world for the soul/mind doesn't really have much to do with physical attributes, his senses will still be affected

Uhh like 90% of the times he uses Time Flies Seal it's used as a last resort, so i wouldn't really call that an opening move, and Aizen is immortal so it's not affecting him either way
Thats in Emperor Realm, In Dao source, it's his most frequent starting move at close range, but since he's Immortal its useless anyways.

I'm assuming SBA teleports people to a foreign area when it starts right? In a foreign location, Yang Kai will use Divine Sense to probe his surroundings, just the presence of Divine Sense is enough to harm the Mind and Soul. His Divine Sense Range is way above 4KM. What's Aizen's Mind manipulation resistance looking like? (Ignoring Soul since Bleach)
Kyouka suigetsu affects all senses you have, so not sure what the knowledge sea is going to do about that, it's pretty much just an inner world for the soul/mind doesn't really have much to do with physical attributes, his senses will still be affected
Affecting the senses is the same as affecting the mind no? KS won't reach his Knowledge Sea, also if you consider the layers of resistance he has.

Forgot to mention that Aizen has soul crush which is just passive EE, Paralysis inducement, and a lot of other passives just through soul crush, which affects physical objects as well

Kyouka suigetsu affects all senses of the human body, and in the case of bleach the soul reapers actually have a sixth sense as opposed to five sea knowledge isn't really going to do anything against that, it's more like perception manipulation

Divine sense is something like their soul itself, so it's something that aizen can see and shinigami have an extra 6th sense, that's made for detecting / sensing stuff
And in bleach the mind is intertwined with the soul, so any layers to soul hax also apply to their mind hax, im not sure exactly how many layers there are though

Forgot to mention that Aizen has soul crush which is just passive EE, Paralysis inducement, and a lot of other passives just through soul crush, which affects physical objects as well
Soul Crush is Soul Manipulation, why would it be EE? Even the EE on his profile states it should not affect Vs Battles. Either way, a battle between Souls for these two will end in Incon
Kyouka suigetsu affects all senses of the human body, and in the case of bleach the soul reapers actually have a sixth sense as opposed to five sea knowledge isn't really going to do anything against that, it's more like perception manipulation
If its affecting the senses, then it affects the Mind, sufficient Mind Manipulation resistance is enough. The whole point of a Knowledge Sea is to protect the Mind, Memories and Soul from external forces that could influence it. Cultivators have a sixth sense as well (Spiritual Energy and Qi)
Divine sense is something like their soul itself, so it's something that aizen can see and shinigami have an extra 6th sense, that's made for detecting / sensing stuff
And in bleach the mind is intertwined with the soul, so any layers to soul hax also apply to their mind hax, im not sure exactly how many layers there are though
So divine sense attacks are useless against him. So close combat it is. I'll start by listing things Yang Kai will do and his passives
  • Blossoming Lotus which Absorbs Spiritual Energy
  • Space Principles (Dura Neg)
  • Can Summon Liu Yan and The Embodiment (I haven't updated their profiles yet but they scale to him)
  • Mountains and River Bell Sealing (You need Class Y Lifting Strength to free yourself)
  • Intangibility
  • If he exhausts all these options then he'll Jump into Demon Transformation which'll make him 4-C, however the AP difference is not a 1 shot
I'm guessing speed is equalized too, otherwise this is likely a stomp

Passives
  • Fire Aura <27760°C
  • Power Modification, Paralysis Inducement (Shi slows down the speed of attacks, and can prevent people from moving)
Yang Kai can't kill Aizen with the Type 8 Immortality, so his best option would be to seal him with the Mountains and River Bell

Soul crush is such a potent soul manipulation that it can erase physical objects as well, and it's a passive ability.
Basically Aizen's soul is so powerful that anything around him get crushed by the power of his soul passively, and the effects are passive existence erasure, paralysis inducement and fear manipulation.
It is something that gets used and is why bleach is kinda a stomp or get stomped situation, since most battles just end up with soul crush passively erasing the opponents existence (unless if they're smurfs)

Im pretty sure mind manipulation is not considered the same as perception manipulation, so not sure if those resistances would work against it, although i could be wrong.

Aizen's stamina is infinite with the hogyoku, so any type of energy absorption is not working, and doesn't the soul warming lotus only work if someone invades the knowledge sea?

Space principles aren't doing much against godly regen, Aizen has Gravity and Space-Time manipulation with kurohitsugi (it's able to deconstruct the opponent to an atomic level)

Liu yan is just a phoenix with fire manipulation, and not sure how strong the embodiment is at that stage

Mountains and river bell sealing can still be destroyed though, lifting strength isn't the only way to get out

Bleach characters have layered intangibility, so that's not gonna work

for his demon transformation, Aizen transormed 4 times, everytime his opponent was able to get an upperhand against him, so this would just cause his reactive evolution to kick in
Reactive Evolution (The Hogyoku made Aizen undergo several evolutions during battle, increasing his statistics, changing his appearance and granting him new abilities and resistances on the spot

Im not sure, although soul crush is still passive so anything around aizen would simply get disintegrated, you'd need inf speed for that as it's passive

Although im not sure about how hot yamamoto's shikai is, his bankai cloak was stated to be 15 million degrees celcius, and it's just his shikai's flames but compacted, so i don't think that level of heat is putting a scratch on him

Last edited:
Yang Kai starts with Time Flies Seal
his most potent abilities are his Mind, Memory, Soul Manipulation and His Space Principles.
I have no idea what Time Flies Seal is but it seems like it wouldn't be all that useful in this situation since Aizen's immortal and such doesn't age? That's at least what I'm interpreting from your post in response to Hellscream.

What are his applications of these abilities, how layered are they and does he activate them through physical actions like gestures, through thoughts or are they passive?

As for the counter to KS, The Knowledge Sea contains the Mind, Memory and Soul and exists in a different space within body.
I don't see how that means anything since Kyoka Suigetsu isn't dependent on the person's mind or soul being present, it's dependent on the opponent's vision. If they see the release of Kyoka Suigetsu, they're placed under its illusions. So if Yang sees Aizen's release, he will be placed under it since it doesn't require range from Aizen's capabilities, but requires the opponent's personal vision.

This effect continually works even when souls are spatially separated from Aizen's current location, as he still had the Vizards under his control even when they resided in the World of the Living and he resided in Soul Society.

What's Aizen's Mind manipulation resistance looking like?
It scales equal in layers with his Soul Manipulation since the soul and mind within Bleach are intrinsically intertwined with each other. So if you believe Aizen's Soul Manipulation resistances are high enough to be unaffected by his Soul Manipulation, so would his Mind Manipulation as well.

Of course that's under the assumption Yang's Mind Manipulation potency is relative with his Soul Manipulation potency. If it's actually above it then it's debatable if Aizen could resist it or not.

I'll go through Yang's passives later.

Soul crush is such a potent soul manipulation that it can erase physical objects as well, and it's a passive ability.
Basically Aizen's soul is so powerful that anything around him get crushed by the power of his soul passively, and the effects are passive existence erasure, paralysis inducement and fear manipulation.
It is something that gets used and is why bleach is kinda a stomp or get stomped situation, since most battles just end up with soul crush passively erasing the opponents existence (unless if they're smurfs)
I get the passive soul erasure, but I don't get why it would be EE. Either way, I haven't done the layers for this version of Yang Kai but his Origin King Self has 14 Layers potency/resistance of everything Spiritual in Nature (Soul, Mind, Memory)
Im pretty sure mind manipulation is not considered the same as perception manipulation, so not sure if those resistances would work against it, although i could be wrong.
I tried searching around for an answer but I couldn't find anything definite, I'll look around again
Aizen's stamina is infinite with the hogyoku, so any type of energy absorption is not working, and doesn't the soul warming lotus only work if someone invades the knowledge sea?
broken ahh character, and yes you're right, my mistake.
Space principles aren't doing much against godly regen, Aizen has Gravity and Space-Time manipulation with kurohitsugi (it's able to deconstruct the opponent to an atomic level)
Does he have layered resistance to Space Manipulation? Yang Kai could just freeze the space he's in preventing him from moving. Cultivators resist Space-Time Manipulation via surviving a Black Hole, and coating themselves in Qi prevents Spatial stuff from affecting them.
Liu yan is just a phoenix with fire manipulation, and not sure how strong the embodiment is at that stage
Their abilities aren't really that strong right now, but It's more so the pressure of having two other people attacking you at the same time. Aizen does well in group fights but he was capable of 1 shotting those people, so it won't be as easy against people who are comparable to him.
Mountains and river bell sealing can still be destroyed though, lifting strength isn't the only way to get out
3-B Durability on the bell
Bleach characters have layered intangibility, so that's not gonna work
I don't think layered really matters here, his intangibility is merging with the Void which is a different dimension/space, so I think it's more of a range thing If I'm not wrong.
for his demon transformation, Aizen transormed 4 times, everytime his opponent was able to get an upperhand against him, so this would just cause his reactive evolution to kick in
Reactive Evolution (The Hogyoku made Aizen undergo several evolutions during battle, increasing his statistics, changing his appearance and granting him new abilities and resistances on the spot
So they'll just end up matched again
Im not sure, although soul crush is still passive so anything around aizen would simply get disintegrated, you'd need inf speed for that as it's passive
If the soul crush is <14 Layers then it's Aizen's victory
Although im not sure about how hot yamamoto's shikai is, his bankai cloak was stated to be 15 million degrees celcius, and it's just his shikai's flames but compacted, so i don't think that level of heat is putting a scratch on him
Most likely not
I have no idea what Time Flies Seal is but it seems like it wouldn't be all that useful in this situation since Aizen's immortal and such doesn't age? That's at least what I'm interpreting from your post in response to Hellscream.
Just Time and Age Manipulation and yes it'll be ineffective against him
What are his applications of these abilities, how layered are they and does he activate them through physical actions like gestures, through thoughts or are they passive?
Space is gestured with very simple hand movements and has 2 layers potency
His Mind, Soul and Memory can be activated through sight, releasing divine sense and are apart of his attacks when he's in Demon Transformation. 14 Layers
I don't see how that means anything since Kyoka Suigetsu isn't dependent on the person's mind or soul being present, it's dependent on the opponent's vision. If they see the release of Kyoka Suigetsu, they're placed under its illusions. So if Yang sees Aizen's release, he will be placed under it since it doesn't require range from Aizen's capabilities, but requires the opponent's personal vision.
hmmm, I can't say much for the perception manipulation part, but he will resist the Illusion Creation because of the Demon Eye of Annihilation being capable of seeing through illusions, invisibility and outright destroying them
This effect continually works even when souls are spatially separated from Aizen's current location, as he still had the Vizards under his control even when they resided in the World of the Living and he resided in Soul Society.
So once you've seen it, you're affected until he releases it?
It scales equal in layers with his Soul Manipulation since the soul and mind within Bleach are intrinsically intertwined with each other. So if you believe Aizen's Soul Manipulation resistances are high enough to be unaffected by his Soul Manipulation, so would his Mind Manipulation as well.

Of course that's under the assumption Yang's Mind Manipulation potency is relative with his Soul Manipulation potency. If it's actually above it then it's debatable if Aizen could resist it or not.
I don't really like fights that just boil down to Layers but they're relative at 14 Layers
I'll go through Yang's passives later.
Nothing too important

Yang's only wincon is sealing with the Mountain and Rivers Bell. Class Y lifting strength needed to free yourself, and it has 3-B Durability so you're not destroying it. He can also manipulate it's size and this is pretty much how it'll look like

Back