• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chelshia vs. Doomfist (Two punchy punchers)

DragonEmperor23 said:
Berserker mode isn't in character
You're right. It isn't. If she thinks she's got no other way to win she should use it though. Just bringing that out there.

Overwatch's revisions arent even done and the feats are still being calced so I don't know why yall are jumping on the bandwagon so early

There are not really feats being calced that will affect Doom.

Anyway, Chelsia via higher AP, i guess

WeeklyBattles said:
Overwatch's revisions arent even done and the feats are still being calced so I don't know why yall are jumping on the bandwagon so early
I'm doing this becuase this is both a fight I've been wanting to do for a good while no, and becuase ive been wanting to have a debate with ya weekly.

I mean, besides the higher AP, Chel has nothing going for her that Doomfist doesn't already have.

Big fist? Check.

Martial arts? Check.

Dark skin tone? Check.

Actually, Doomfist may be more skilled than Chel considering he has actual combat training and fought evenly against Overwatch agents.

Chelshia has far more versatility going for her and her range is a pretty powerful weapon that is going to be difficult to avoid when it is easily spammable. She has much higher AP with her ability to double jump and she gets a consistent speed boost with her attacks, and Harpy Boosts to give her a high jump. Not to mention the chest makes her nigh invulnerable to most types of damage on her level and the fact that if she needs to, berserk life makes her three times as strong. Admittedly not super in character but it is an option.

basically she has sheer versatility and just plain chaos on her side.

Doom has both a double jump and a high jump, as well as the ability to get armor with every atta k that connects

I mean the shield won't last long once Chelshia really starts getting to him, considering she's twice as strong. And when she can unleash punches and a powerful ranged attack at the same time. He's going to be racking up a lot of damage.

How much shield does he gain back for hitting someone?

He gets full shields back every time he lands a punch with his gauntlet on top of having a passive regenerating shield

I'm assuming his full shield is...75? Because according to the wiki here: https://overwatch.fandom.com/wiki/The_Best_Defense…

He gains temporary shield points, which admittedly is a big difference, and he only gains a lot of temporary shield points when he hits someone with his ultimate which, if we're going by normal mechanics, has a cooldown anyways.

Those temporary lifepoints, with their consistent decay, and the consistent damage Chelshia is gonna dish out, won't mean too much overall in the fight, I wouldn't imagine.

Doom gains shield points with all of his abilities, his ground slam can give him a max of 150 iirc

Cooldowns are 100% game mechanics

Is it per opponent he hits then? Because that won't help much. It says that his grand slam welcome to the jam only gives him 75 hitpoints of temporary shield, and that's assuming it hits.

And I'll admit this seems to be sorta in game mechanics limbo but even then Doomfist's attacks seem mostly telegraphed but I'm not too sure. It's been a while since I played.

And I can't for the best responses I'm at work atm

No, it's flat shielding as long as he hits one opponent

His cinematic kinda shows that nothing he does is telegraphed

Same

May have to watch that cinematic honestly.

But still I'm under the idea that Chelshia has a lot more versatility and strength to overcome the bit of shield that he gets, which is a little bit negligible even in Overwatch terms. Chelshia also has experience fighting opponents much more skilled and experience than she is so she's also got that going for her.

Also I'd make an argument that hitting her in her chest form wouldn't bring back DF's shields but I dunno how the abikity works with invul

I mean Doom simultaneously took on three of Overwatch's best agents and would have won had Winston not gone berserk, and he's a world class martial arts madter

Chelshia simultaneously took of the best of the Sea Spider's at the same time and took on their captain shortly afterwards...twice.

And she has fighting hardwired into her. She knows what she's doing.

I mean yeah but as far as I know the Doomfist section is mostly finished? Could be wrong but to my knowledge this is fine to do.

Doomfist probably fists her pretty hard FRA.

I mean it's not like Chelshia hasn't handled incredibly skilled people before, and that was when she didn't have an ap advantage.

Back