• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chat Rules

ImagoDesattrolante

VS Battles
Retired
Since Chat has become increasingly active, me and SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 have been thinking of making some Chat Rules.

Since I'm normally the one on Chat the most, I'll list all the Rules I think are necessary in this thread.

1. No sexual content.

2. No death threats, or anything of the sort.

3. Don't spam.

4. Do not post links to explict material, whatever it is.

5. Refrain from using large amounts of profanity in the Chat.

6. Avoid talking badly about other Wikis or communities in the Chat.

7. Please do not type in disgusting, offensive, or disturbing text, or link those sorts of images in the Chat.

8. Do not link or promote any illegal activities in the Chat, also such as scams.

9. You are not allowed to mention or discuss any method or tools that can be used in any way to circumvent, exploit, or scam the Wiki. If you discover any means as such, please PM an Admin on the Chat. Do not post it publicly.

Feel free to discuss the Rules in the Thread.

I also agree with this. Should I insert them into the main page?

@Antvasima: No, don't add them to the main page. I have an alternative implementation in mind.

@Imago:

• Modifications
    • Make a new page with title Chat Rules.
    • List all the rules there instead.
  • Suggestions
    • Spamming the chat with large blocks of text in rapid succession will lead to a Chat Ban.
    • Inserting nonsense/gibberish content in the chat will lead to a Chat Ban.
    • No mention of substance abuse is allowed.

Okay.

Btw: Is it possible to shut down the chat function from the wiki features? Given that it is uncommon that anybody monitors it, there is the risk that very crude conflicts will occurr, and it does not seem to fulfill any real purpose.

Antvasima said:
Okay.
Btw: Is it possible to shut down the chat function from the wiki features? Goven that t is uncommon that anybody monitors it, there is the risk that very crude conflicts will occurr, and it does not seem to fulfill any real purpose.
I see no reason to do so. It serves as a place where members of the wiki can talk with each other and have fun. I have yet to see any conflicts erupt, and have actually been able to quickly resolve quite a few through it.

Okay, but if things start to deteriorate, it might be a good idea to remove it.

Antvasima said:
Okay.
Btw: Is it possible to shut down the chat function from the wiki features? Given that it is uncommon that anybody monitors it, there is the risk that very crude conflicts will occurr, and it does not seem to fulfill any real purpose.

Dont shut it down pls.

Antvasima said:
Okay.

Is it possible yep but we really shouldn't. For any trouble makers we could just kick or ban them. ImagoDesattrolante still monitors it and as do I. I especially wouldn't want it disabled...

Okay. Never mind then. It is just that it seems to be an extra burden for the admins and moderators when we are stretched thin enough just for the regular wiki work.

@Antvasima:

Yes, the chat feature cannot be disabled when required. However, I am in favour of letting the chat feature remain.

As for the staff workload, the Admins and Mods need not monitor it. That's the Chat Moderators' work. Cross is mostly busy with Moderator work, but Imago is doing a pretty good job.

All right. If people severely misbehave there, the chat moderator(or others) should probably tell us about it.

Back