• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters you hate

I don't know if characters that were made to be hated count. There's some characters that their whole point were to be disagreeable and unlikable, such as Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter, or someone like that random paladin in Drifters that ordered mass executions with no reason at all.

Which make this a little hard to judge. Most characters I dislike were made to be hated and disliked. Some characters that are, indeed, not made to be disliked but I still don't like them a lot are:
  • Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion): I sympathize with and pity her, but the way she treats Shinji is abusive in a way that I can't tolerate. I won't deny that the whole cast of Evangelion has some serious problems and she is fully a product of what has happened to her, which is why I sympathize, but I dislike the way she treats others way more than how other characters treat each other.
  • Meg (Riordanverse - The Trials of Apollo): Many people like her. For the life of me I can't fathom why. I get that she's still immature, way too young and all that. She's still a very, very annoying person. In fact, the whole reason I didn't read the second book of the series is because of how annoying I found her to be.
  • Many characters in Twilight: That might be due to how Stephanie writes her books, but most of the cast of Twilight feel like egocentric and almost sociopathic people who try way too hard to be edgy. And I tend to love edgy characters.
I also tend to dislike characters whose personality is based entirely around a single trait of them, unless it is for comedy. I'm not a fan of harem or isekai protagonists either.

I don't know if characters that were made to be hated count. There's some characters that their whole point were to be disagreeable and unlikable, such as Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter, or someone like that random paladin in Drifters that ordered mass executions with no reason at all.

Which make this a little hard to judge. Most characters I dislike were made to be hated and disliked. Some characters that are, indeed, not made to be disliked but I still don't like them a lot are:
  • Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion): I sympathize with and pity her, but the way she treats Shinji is abusive in a way that I can't tolerate. I won't deny that the whole cast of Evangelion has some serious problems and she is fully a product of what has happened to her, which is why I sympathize, but I dislike the way she treats others way more than how other characters treat each other.
  • Meg (Riordanverse - The Trials of Apollo): Many people like her. For the life of me I can't fathom why. I get that she's still immature, way too young and all that. She's still a very, very annoying person. In fact, the whole reason I didn't read the second book of the series is because of how annoying I found her to be.
  • Many characters in Twilight: That might be due to how Stephanie writes her books, but most of the cast of Twilight feel like egocentric and almost sociopathic people who try way too hard to be edgy. And I tend to love edgy characters.
I also tend to dislike characters whose personality is based entirely around a single trait of them, unless it is for comedy. I'm not a fan of harem or isekai protagonists either.
You're always somewhere ready to give a full on analysis on a FnG thread...

Good analysis, though!

I hate Rock Lee & Tien, not because of their characters; but because of how their respective stories builds them up at their introduction only to continue treating them like dirt through the rest of the story.

And that goes double for Tien.

I hate Rock Lee & Tien, not because of their characters; but because of how their respective stories builds them up at their introduction only to continue treating them like dirt through the rest of the story.

I like Tien quite a bit, but I gotta agree.

Definitely agree.

qrow.jpg

This ************ right here

issei hyoudou (coomer)

tatsumi (generic)

bella (Stupid)

marie (I spent a few hours on the game and I ******* hate her already, good design amirte)

Yogiri (the author should be banned from writing. Literally just power wank. At minimum their creations should be permabanned from battleboards)

Anos (Same, but not as extreme. From what I see he's just too generic)

Every Nasuverse character (Every single Fate writer horrifically mangles historical characters. LOL GENDERSWAP LOL LIONHEAD THOMAS EDISON **** YOU. Sorry I got mad there.)

Sam Manson from Danny Phantom. Not only is she a hypocrite, but they also made her good at basically everything which makes her unlikable.

Back